Gordonsville at South Pittsburg

powerp

We had a blackout once at the jungle, the tigers were huge underdogs that night as well. Just before the game started we turned the lights out on um :shock: The visitors side sat in stunned silence until them lights popped on as the tigers hit the field to a thunderous roar and proceeded to laying the smackDOWN on them big ol boys 36 to ZERO !!! Guess who that team was LOL Looking forward to a great game with the best 1A has to offer, only way to be the man is to beat the man and the road to glory always goes through south pitt. Them pirates play old school and will knock your @!&* in the dirt if they catch you slippin so you gotta come in loaded for bear. Should be a slobberknocker for sure GO BLUE

Uncle Dave remembers that game...it was Chris Ferrell's last game at quarterback. He had the worst game of his life that night partly because I think SP was overlooking Gordonsville. Greenback was the team to beat that year and all the media folks felt like SP was the only team that could beat Greenback...but SP ran into a buzz saw that night! That group of seniors had a great career...they came up 1 win short in 85 and 86 of winning it all. This group of seniors reminds me of that group in some ways. They have been very successful on the field and hopefully will add another gold ball this year. Not many folks can brag about having so many wins in a row.

i remember that game that year.like u said,they were stunned.wasnt coach conditt the coach that year?also ,wasnt we told that if we done it again,that we would be penalized.it was awesome that night

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Single wing??? I heard it was going to be the Triple option..... maybe some ol wish bone :D

Triple Option?? I heard we were going back to the wing T for this game because we wanted to establish that we are still a very physical football team....Guess we will have to wait and see....at least it will give Gordonsville coaches something to think about...Will it be Single Wing, Maryland I, Wing T, or Shotgun??????????? :shock: However, I say if it aint broke don't fix it and the shotgun is working well so stay with it :o

We had a blackout once at the jungle, the tigers were huge underdogs that night as well. Just before the game started we turned the lights out on um :thumb: The visitors side sat in stunned silence until them lights popped on as the tigers hit the field to a thunderous roar and proceeded to laying the smackDOWN on them big ol boys 36 to ZERO !!! Guess who that team was LOL Looking forward to a great game with the best 1A has to offer, only way to be the man is to beat the man and the road to glory always goes through south pitt. Them pirates play old school and will knock your @!&* in the dirt if they catch you slippin so you gotta come in loaded for bear. Should be a slobberknocker for sure GO BLUE

Uncle Dave remembers that game...it was Chris Ferrell's last game at quarterback. He had the worst game of his life that night partly because I think SP was overlooking Gordonsville. Greenback was the team to beat that year and all the media folks felt like SP was the only team that could beat Greenback...but SP ran into a buzz saw that night! That group of seniors had a great career...they came up 1 win short in 85 and 86 of winning it all. This group of seniors reminds me of that group in some ways. They have been very successful on the field and hopefully will add another gold ball this year. Not many folks can brag about having so many wins in a row.

I remember that game very well too because I was a member of that team..a Junior at the time!! I remember our first play from scrimmage went about 18 yards up the middle, then we got popped in the mouth and didn't do a thing the rest of the night..

o owe here comes o tide pride,who are the polkees playing this friday in basketball.

hope you win your bball game.go polkees ha ha!!!!!!!!

the pirates are playing football in pittsburg friday

maybe the polkees need to play 5a schools not 1a school and varley win and brag about it

GO POLKEES

HOW DO SPELL POLKEYS

Gordonsville plays physical smash mouth football and beats the finesse non physical pirates by 13 :thumb:

hey tide pride maybe we should ask loudon how physical polk is! mmmm when u make it past the 2nd round for once come talk to us! r u ready for bball season u better be! :blink:

Sonny Boy I know ya aint talking about some physical football....I believe Polk out physicaled sp up and down the field when they played an i think gville can do the same thing to them. sp has gotten to cute and forgot what it was like to run up and play smash mouth ball i think.gville will be like trousdale this year for sp. a road block that delays a trip to state :thumb: