ROCKWOOD@HAMPTON

BDF36

No offense here folks.... but if you are not practicing after dark at this time of year, then you are not practicing enough!!! Do Dawgs!

None taken Seven, But you can bet you're last dollar that Hampton will be fully prepared and ready.Hard working bunch of coaches and players. I'd say thats a common denominator for all the teams still playing.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your not really a underdog im my opinion if you come in thanking that you will be and i dont know alot about your program other then you lost to Telico Plans 21-6 but i am pretty sure it was a closer game then the score board and we know Rockwood has improveda whole lot and if you can beat Oneida at Oneida you are a real tough ball club! Hampton isnt looking past Rockwood we know we are in for a great game! Good luck and have a safe and good trip! My pridiction if Hampton plays like they praticed all week i put the Dogs 28-21 if the fans are in the game and fired up and they play mistake free football i pick the Dogs 35-14 but if they play like they did against Cloudlan Rockwood wins by 14 But that team is long gone im sure! Lets keep our heads on the ball game and play hard and never look back GO DOGS!

If you look at all the computer ratings out there, I'd say Hampton is the underdog. They were the underdog last week. When you let Hancock score 20 on you ,you're ratings go down in a hurry. Teams that constantly let up on their opponents don't usually have the highest ratings. Hampton is better than they are rated. Rockwood will be a tough opponent,but if Hampton plays like they can,they should be playing after Turkey day. Thats always been the goal for alot of teams. Makes you one of the 4 teams standing, a great accompishment.In this area its even greater, very few have had the privaledge, mostly been Cloudland and now Hampton. If all goes well Friday night we could have 2 teams from Carter Co standing. GOOOOBETSYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'll be posting updates after each score of the Cascade/ Boyd at our Twitter location for those interested:

http://www.twitter.com/cascadefootball

I doubted you guys last week and I'm doubting you again this week. That was a heck of a comeback.Showed alot of determination.You guys should be very proud of you're team and good luck. This you puts you with the elite.

No offense here folks.... but if you are not practicing after dark at this time of year, then you are not practicing enough!!! Do Dawgs!

None taken Seven, But you can bet you're last dollar that Hampton will be fully prepared and ready.Hard working bunch of coaches and players. I'd say thats a common denominator for all the teams still playing.

No doubt Pujo. I just read a similar statement earlier in the thread, and then made my comment, which was directed at no particular team... just happened to be on this thread. I fully expect your coach to have the Dawgs ready. Do you guys ever go indoors?

No doubt Pujo. I just read a similar statement earlier in the thread, and then made my comment, which was directed at no particular team... just happened to be on this thread. I fully expect your coach to have the Dawgs ready. Do you guys ever go indoors?

The weather in this area can be pretty tough at times and on a few ocasions they go inside, its rare though. You can scheme and do a few things inside ,but practice is more of an outside thing. Doubt any area in the state has as harsh of weather as we do. Even though Cloudland is only a few miles away, theres is even worse. Go across the line into Avery Co and you are offically in the North Pole lol

Rockwood by at least 4 touchdowns. They beat Oneida and plus Hampton will be too cocky since they beat a horrible Tellico Plains team and will make mistakes.

If I am mot mistaken, this horrible TP,s team beat Rockwood pretty good a while back, seems like you said this same TP team was going to beat us by 30, my ,how things change. All you do is talk a bunch of foolishness. We'll have to play hard ,but if we come out to play like we did tonight, we'll be fine. I'd say Rockwood would like for you to keep you're silly stuff to yourself this week, their job is big enough without you handing out tackling fuel. I sort of like it . Keep it coming. You NUT

I don' think hampton will be very cocky after the butt chewing coach Lunsford gave them for the sloppy game they played

Rockwood by at least 4 touchdowns. They beat Oneida and plus Hampton will be too cocky since they beat a horrible Tellico Plains team and will make mistakes.

If I am mot mistaken, this horrible TP,s team beat Rockwood pretty good a while back, seems like you said this same TP team was going to beat us by 30, my ,how things change. All you do is talk a bunch of foolishness. We'll have to play hard ,but if we come out to play like we did tonight, we'll be fine. I'd say Rockwood would like for you to keep you're silly stuff to yourself this week, their job is big enough without you handing out tackling fuel. I sort of like it . Keep it coming. You NUT

I don' think hampton will be very cocky after the butt chewing coach Lunsford gave them for the sloppy game they played

I'm sure Coach was a little hot about a few things, but they did play with more of a purpose last week. Hampton has yet to play to their full potential this season, little things has hurt them all year. When and if they play a full game, they could be pretty impressive. At this time of the season ,a silly mistake at the wrong time could end the season. You are never going to play a perfect game , but you have to give perfect effort. That means physically and mentally.

Kazam, is Rockwood that good or has Oneida backslid some?

I'm not Kaz but this is a two part answer. Yes Rockwood is a good football team. No quit, 110% for four quarters, solid fundamentals, few mental mistakes, great coaching, confidence in there program, & enough class to float a battle ship around. All that will make almost anyone a very good team. With that said Oneida has had some difficulties this season as I'm sure Rockwood & most every other team in the state has. This year they just seemed a little more severe than usual. The injury bug bit us hard & often. I think the the last few games of the season weren't very benificial to the mind set. No offense meant & not taking any shots at any team but Oneida handled the last several games rather quickly & weren't in any real danger of losing those games which can lull a team into being flat. The bye week I think helped heal up some dings but contributed to being flat as well. Inside the 10 three times in the first half & only got 7 out of it, that hurt. Finally, started the fall dressing 57 and through a list of reasons by round 2 only dressed 38.

Now to be clear these are not excuses for the loss to Rockwood merely a response to a question 91Landers posted. They were an outstanding team & played a hard fought game where they did what they do & on that night they were better at doing what they do than we were at stopping what they do. I have congratulated them for that and wish them the best of luck as I do Hampton as well. Hope Friday is injury free & may the best team win.