Wayne County vs Jo Byrns

wildcatpride70

Well a win well waited on for the CATS!!!! Jo Byrns you played a heck of a game!!! I enjoyed it (a little stress full) but WOW what a game!!!! All the kids deserve something after a game like that!!!! My son is a senior and I dont think I have ever been to a game as intense as this one!!!!! 41 did great 5 made some big tackles on 44 and 1 .ALL THE KIDS DID GREAT!!!!on both sides... :lol: Wayne Co has played like champs all year even with no one giving us the credit , untill now..... Thanks Jo Byrns and good luck on next season. Hope were right back were we was Friday Night (In Wayne Co.) HA!! HA!!! :idea::idea::huh:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo Byrns here is a tip for your coach for next year .... go find a kicker .. that can make kicks inside 35 yards ... and can kick off instead your opponents having the ball at the 30 plus almost every possession .. plus when you get inside the 15 you can get 3 points in a close game when thats all you need

Well unless you are a private school you cant really got find a kicker. Trust me, if there was a capable kicker at the school he would have been kicking. JBS, like every other school in Robertson Co has gotten used too playing w/ the hand they are dealt.....

Wow, WC congrats on the win. Now, show Union City ya'll are for real..... :thumb:

Good luck to both teams!!!!

Just wanted to say this was probably the best high school game that I can remember ever watching. It had two of the best teams and I thought that they played great & battled hard. I was proud to see WC not give up after getting behind early and they just played hard & fought back. I thought both teams played with great sportsmanship and both teams were very impressive by helping each other up after the play was over. Jo Byrns players are a class act and their coaches as well. WC players you ALL played great and you better stay focused this week.

By the way I have never bashed T. Rice on here as an earlier post stated that I had. Earlier in the season I stated that WC had several players #41 & #5 as well as several others that where not getting enough credit.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm still not over the loss but I've managed to pump myself up enough to get on here. Uh what do you say? Good game WC. Y'all did what you had to do to win. Good luck next week. Devils, I appreciate all your hard work and I've enjoyed another great year of football because of it. The 6 seniors we had will definitely be missed, especially LK. At this point all I can do is look to next year. We've got a lot of promise next year but it'll take another year of hard work. Who's willing to put in the time? We'll find out soon enough!

Well I'm still not over the loss but I've managed to pump myself up enough to get on here. Uh what do you say? Good game WC. Y'all did what you had to do to win. Good luck next week. Devils, I appreciate all your hard work and I've enjoyed another great year of football because of it. The 6 seniors we had will definitely be missed, especially LK. At this point all I can do is look to next year. We've got a lot of promise next year but it'll take another year of hard work. Who's willing to put in the time? We'll find out soon enough!

It's ok Moto....JB played a great game and it came down to the wire....one of the most nerve-racking games I've ever watched or been to...

Jo Byrns here is a tip for your coach for next year .... go find a kicker .. that can make kicks inside 35 yards ... and can kick off instead your opponents having the ball at the 30 plus almost every possession .. plus when you get inside the 15 you can get 3 points in a close game when thats all you need

Well unless you are a private school you cant really got find a kicker. Trust me, if there was a capable kicker at the school he would have been kicking. JBS, like every other school in Robertson Co has gotten used too playing w/ the hand they are dealt.....

Well I know plenty of public schools that have kickers ..... Trousdale County last year for example .. had an all-state and Mr. Football kicker and speaking of Robertson county school, I know that Greenbrier, East Robertson and WH- Heritage have kickers so its not a county thing its a coaching mentallity...... You can find and develop a kicker if you work on out .... having seen Jo Byrns practice a couple of times over the past 5-6 years ... they do not spend enough time on special teams in practice, and trust that will cost you games ...... I agree there are times to go for it on 4th inside the 20 .... but if you have a kicker you can win more close games ..... I can count the number of teams on one hand that have won a state championship without a kicker, not just kicking extra points and field goals, but kickoffs with field position

Well I know plenty of public schools that have kickers ..... Trousdale County last year for example .. had an all-state and Mr. Football kicker and speaking of Robertson county school, I know that Greenbrier, East Robertson and WH- Heritage have kickers so its not a county thing its a coaching mentallity...... You can find and develop a kicker if you work on out .... having seen Jo Byrns practice a couple of times over the past 5-6 years ... they do not spend enough time on special teams in practice, and trust that will cost you games ...... I agree there are times to go for it on 4th inside the 20 .... but if you have a kicker you can win more close games ..... I can count the number of teams on one hand that have won a state championship without a kicker, not just kicking extra points and field goals, but kickoffs with field position

Kicking can be developed technique-wise to a certain degree. Every team in the county goes through spurts where they do not have a very good kicker. Also, I am hard pressed to believe that Coach Adkins does not spend enough time on special teams. Any JBS posters have any clarification on this?