York at Smith Co.

oldchsman

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT WAS A GOOD GAME OWLS32 NOTHING LIKE A FREINDLY RIVALRY BUT I BETTER GET OFF HERE AND GET STARTED TOWARD MILAN THIS HORSE AND BUGGY AINT QUITE AS FAST AS IT USE TO BE.......................GO DRAGONS

WOW!! Where has your loud mouth been all year? Any and all SC fans have said "Great Game" and congratulated the Dragons. The words that, I'm certain, you took offense to was made by TC fans. It was a great game to watch. York pulled a few rabbits out of their hats and came away victorious. Good Luck next week. SC controlled the game but had a few too many breakdowns tonight. York couldn't have played much better. My hats off to them. As for next week, alot like last week, GO DRAGONS !!!

IT WAS A GOOD GAME OWLS32 NOTHING LIKE A FREINDLY RIVALRY BUT I BETTER GET OFF HERE AND GET STARTED TOWARD MILAN THIS HORSE AND BUGGY AINT QUITE AS FAST AS IT USE TO BE.......................GO DRAGONS

WOW!! Where has your loud mouth been all year? Any and all SC fans have said "Great Game" and congratulated the Dragons. The words that, I'm certain, you took offense to was made by TC fans. It was a great game to watch. York pulled a few rabbits out of their hats and came away victorious. Good Luck next week. SC controlled the game but had a few too many breakdowns tonight. York couldn't have played much better. My hats off to them. As for next week, alot like last week, GO DRAGONS !!!

Sorry to hear the Owls lost. I wanted them to go all the way. Great season though. Bigreid thanks for keeping me in the loop on Owl football and Vols football. Keep in touch. You guys will be back in the mix next year. Come jump on the Boyd bandwagon Smith Co. fans! Could still use you on the boards! :thumb:

Sounded like a good ballgame and also sounded like Carthage got a taste of what it did to Gordonsville at the first of the year...Lead and dominate the whole game and lose it at the end... Congrats on a good season and good luck to York...

You read my mind W, while the Owls played a good game, York came to town with a point to prove, they proved it.

Good luck Dragons.

Termie, Termie, where for art thou Termie? must have missed you while I was visiting the concession stand .. :thumb: ... LOL

Is it spring yet???

and that folk is why you play hard for the full 48 minutes... incredible touchdown by #42 then very gutsy call going for 2 way to play for the win!!!!! congrats to smith county for giving it all you had keep heads held high for playing a great hard fought game... but even bigger congrats to the YORK DRAGONS!!!!! MAKING HISTORY BOYS ..... with yet another chapter to write next week in a matchup of what appears to be david and goliath and we all know how that turned out don't we... enjoy this win and we look forward to the long trip next week YAI#1

Well I know everyone atleast got their moneys worth. You Smith County fans were right about the fact that Smith wasn't that same team that York played before. They played as hard as they could, but I really do think the best team won last night. They won and they turned the ball over three times and once on downs at Smith's two yard line on what was a great stand by Smith's defence. Almost all of Smith's fans were great people but some of them were very sore losers. There was about fifteen to twenty of them who followed some York players up the hill to their locker room and were trash talking them the whole way, and you know York is not exactly the passive type either so things got a little heated.

It was a very good game to watch hard fought by both teams. I thought YORK came out a little flat not with that same fire in them that I saw at the goodpasture game, but they kept fighting. There was no busted play on the TD the defender was there AW just puhed the tackle off and turn on the after burns,just one more thing to say GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Great game!! Way to stay in there and fight to the end! Neither team controlled the game offensively. SC had two big plays on the out and up and held York on a 1st and goal at the two. That was the difference in the score. York could have played a lot better, a fumble, two interceptions, and a turnover on downs when they where 1st and goal on the two. I figured this game would be a fist fight and turn out to be a one score game. Both teams absolutely went at it and a late game breakdown cost the Owls and then a gutsy two-point conversion for the win.

I will tell you one thing, there was not much sweeter than seeing those SC stands empty after that successful two-point conversion. What an exhausting game to watch, Congrats Dragons, and hats off to a very tough SC team. Hopefully you guys beat and banged us around enough to get us focus on Milan, who knows maybe we can keep it close. :roflolk:

I signed up here for 1 reason, and that's to speak to a bunch of boys that I know read this sight faithfully. I may not have the opportunity to speak to you as a whole in any other way. I have watched this entire group of seniors grow up. I have never known such a great group of boys! The entire group has finished this year with unimaginable heart! I truly hate that you lost this game in the way that you did. It was a hard fought game played with determination, heart and soul! I count it as a privilage and an honor to have been allowed to watch you grow into men, and get to know all of you! Hold your heads high!!! NO TEAM has the heart that I have seen in you guys!

Congratulations to the OWLS for a wonderful season, I hated to see it end last night, especially for my Seniors...Know that you did as you were asked...give it your all...and you did...Thank you for being a team that we as fans can support and love...and not have to worry about being embarrassed by your actions...You are a class act, and I know that your coaches have a huge part in that...Take a minute today and thank your parents and families for allowing you the opportunity to put on that BLACK AND GOLD and to be an OWL...Take all the memories you've made the last four years and hold them close to your heart...you're all OWL brothers...never forget that...

Jose...I have watched you grow from a skinny little kid...to an athletic young man...I was told, when you were in the 8th grade, that I was going to love knowing you...Mrs. Davis was so right...I do love knowing you...I love watching you grow...and I love the person you are....and will be...I am blessed to be a part of your life...Take away from your four years of OWL ball...the knowledge, the training, and the lessons you've learned...become a man that knows what SCP is all about...and never ever forget to be afraid of your Mama!!!...She loves you and is very proud of you...just as I am...

GO OWLS!!!...Can't wait to see what the future holds for the boys of Cumberland Cove!!!...GO STEVENSON and welcome to OWL ball MANNING!!!