York at Smith Co.

oldchsman

I think the game was everthing it was billed to be. Two heavy weights going at it toe to toe. York just hit the big uppercut for the win. Maybe we didn't play well enough to win but win we did. That's why you play the entire 48 minutes. One play in a game like that was the deciding factor. Going 2 just blew me away. A hero if you make it, a goats behind if you don't.

Unfortunately I saw some unsportsmanlike behavior on both sides last night.

I have nothing but respect the the Owls. They played their hearts out. I would be pulling for yall if you had won. I'm a believer in supporting your district once your team is out of it.

I know Smith have York circled on their schedule next year, just like we will have Smith on ours.

Milan does look like a giant on paper, but we can only hope our coaches can find some weakness to exploit. Also we have some weakness that needs mending. I will be making the trip. Go Dragons!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know everyone atleast got their moneys worth. You Smith County fans were right about the fact that Smith wasn't that same team that York played before. They played as hard as they could, but I really do think the best team won last night. They won and they turned the ball over three times and once on downs at Smith's two yard line on what was a great stand by Smith's defence. Almost all of Smith's fans were great people but some of them were very sore losers. There was about fifteen to twenty of them who followed some York players up the hill to their locker room and were trash talking them the whole way, and you know York is not exactly the passive type either so things got a little heated.

Actually I was up there for that and there was only 5 guys that was from SC that was mouthin the York people and they are not from Smith County. They was visiting from Florida and has a cousin on SC team. This was the first game they have ever attended of SC's. So please don't hold that against the fans that are actually from Smith County and support them every week. Also congrats York on a good. Now go stick it to Milan and represent our region.

Guess it would be fitty-one if Smith palyed them.... 5 in a Row (that's losses) for Smith against YORK...

Well said Termite on previous page,,,I will have to change my opinion about you.

Had to be a tough tough tough loss, but you took it with more class than the rest of the people on this page.. Sorry you didn't get the win had to be a good game to watch. See ya next year

Changed your opinion about me??? Don't do that.....I've got a reputation to uphold. :bored: . You have to admit, you couldn't wait sometimes to read what I post or get a shot in at me. Fun wasn't it? I believe in having fun. Life's too short no to. Most know what I do, I do in fun.

Speaking of fun...

SC seniors, it's been a heck of a ride. This bunch didn't have the pure individual talent as some others in the past, but there hasn't been a team with more heart and pride. There was a time when ya'll could have hung it up and moved on. Heart, pride, and the love for your teammates took you futher than anyone thought possible. I'm proud of each one of you.

Sounded like a good ballgame and also sounded like Carthage got a taste of what it did to Gordonsville at the first of the year...Lead and dominate the whole game and lose it at the end... Congrats on a good season and good luck to York...

You read my mind W, while the Owls played a good game, York came to town with a point to prove, they proved it.

Good luck Dragons.

Termie, Termie, where for art thou Termie? must have missed you while I was visiting the concession stand .. :bored: ... LOL

Is it spring yet???

Sure has been fun ain't it BB??

Spring?? You don't do basketball games??? I'll probably be at most SC games and a few G-ville when SC isn't playing. Shoot, I even go to some Jr.high games. SCMS-G-ville-Union Heights-Forks River and Defeated. Don't go the New Middleton much. I probably know fewer of those kids as any.

And as soon as spring does get here..we got Baseball......all shapes, forms and sizes. I got to watch the kids.......

Sounded like a good ballgame and also sounded like Carthage got a taste of what it did to Gordonsville at the first of the year...Lead and dominate the whole game and lose it at the end... Congrats on a good season and good luck to York...

You read my mind W, while the Owls played a good game, York came to town with a point to prove, they proved it.

Good luck Dragons.

Termie, Termie, where for art thou Termie? must have missed you while I was visiting the concession stand .. :idea: ... LOL

Is it spring yet???

Sure has been fun ain't it BB??

Spring?? You don't do basketball games??? I'll probably be at most SC games and a few G-ville when SC isn't playing. Shoot, I even go to some Jr.high games. SCMS-G-ville-Union Heights-Forks River and Defeated. Don't go the New Middleton much. I probably know fewer of those kids as any.

And as soon as spring does get here..we got Baseball......all shapes, forms and sizes. I got to watch the kids.......

Fun fun fun ... love the bickering, the teasing .. take it as it's given, in fun. I follow some basketball, just not much in the county, I go back to my alma mater for a few games, they play some basketball there ya know .. and I don't have a connection to the school teams here aside from friends kids so I'll be here and there now and then .. but .. come spring .. I'll be at Crump Paris almost every night or day since the III is all about baseball ... I'll see ya 'round Termie .. Nursie .. Blackfriday is almost here !!!!!

I've followed York football for 15 seasons but for one reason or another never got to a game at Smith Co. I have to say that Smith Co. has the best high school football atmosphere I've ever seen with the fireworks and annoying (for visitors) horn and great stadium! That was the best game I've ever seen and this wasn't the same Smith Co. team that came to the mountain. I even felt bad for the Smith Co. fans and team who nearly pulled the upset and have a new respect for them. It is no wonder Smith Co. is always good with all that support. As for Milan winning by 50...owl32 insulted his team by saying what he did. If York gets beat that bad, it would be much worse for his Owls since in two games they were outscored 43 to 14 by the Dragons. All year this "can't beat a winning team" York Institute Dragons team has been underrated. I know they'll be ready to play and will give it their all...this team is loaded with talent!

I've followed York football for 15 seasons but for one reason or another never got to a game at Smith Co. I have to say that Smith Co. has the best high school football atmosphere I've ever seen with the fireworks and annoying (for visitors) horn and great stadium! That was the best game I've ever seen and this wasn't the same Smith Co. team that came to the mountain. I even felt bad for the Smith Co. fans and team who nearly pulled the upset and have a new respect for them. It is no wonder Smith Co. is always good with all that support. As for Milan winning by 50...owl32 insulted his team by saying what he did. If York gets beat that bad, it would be much worse for his Owls since in two games they were outscored 43 to 14 by the Dragons. All year this "can't beat a winning team" York Institute Dragons team has been underrated. I know they'll be ready to play and will give it their all...this team is loaded with talent!

Thanks Bobcat - The Owls gave it all they had. York has beaten us five in a row. What can we say other than York is better than us. Good teams find a way to win and York found a way. Good luck to the Dragons and maybe next year, man I hate to hear people say "wait to next year", we can stop your winning streak. Again, Good luck !!

As some of you might know, (Termite, imallin, and maybe some more I dunno), I was a senior for SC this year. I just want to thank everybody for a great season this year. I know everybody was expecting better, I was too. I'm sorry for that. But it was a good season. I know that last game was one heck of a game played by both sides. I think we won the first 3 quarters and 10 min. or so. And they won the last 2 min. But that was when it counted, they made the plays to win the game. To all the rest of the seniors, it's been fun playing with you the past four years. Some of you since middle school, and some of you for the past nine years. I love this game, and I will miss playing it, and I know all of you will too. To the rest of my teammates, 5 in a row is hard to swallow, not many people at all have done that to us. Do something that no one the past 3 years could do, and beat them next year. Leave it all on the field, because it is gone like that. To all the fans, there is nothing better than running through that sign, and seeing a packed house in The Hole, and every seat being empty because everyone is on there feet cheering. I'll be joining you next year. Kinda interested to see what it is like on the other side. Thank you to evreyone that comes out on Friday nights and cheers there butts off whether we play good or bad, win or lose. We have the best fans ever. I truly believe that. I love everyone of you. But once again, thank you to everybody for a great season. I'll be seeing most of you around. Next fall will be here before you know it, and I dunno about you, but I can't wait for some revenge on them lizards. Go SC!!! :blink:

As some of you might know, (Termite, imallin, and maybe some more I dunno), I was a senior for SC this year. I just want to thank everybody for a great season this year. I know everybody was expecting better, I was too. I'm sorry for that. But it was a good season. I know that last game was one heck of a game played by both sides. I think we won the first 3 quarters and 10 min. or so. And they won the last 2 min. But that was when it counted, they made the plays to win the game. To all the rest of the seniors, it's been fun playing with you the past four years. Some of you since middle school, and some of you for the past nine years. I love this game, and I will miss playing it, and I know all of you will too. To the rest of my teammates, 5 in a row is hard to swallow, not many people at all have done that to us. Do something that no one the past 3 years could do, and beat them next year. Leave it all on the field, because it is gone like that. To all the fans, there is nothing better than running through that sign, and seeing a packed house in The Hole, and every seat being empty because everyone is on there feet cheering. I'll be joining you next year. Kinda interested to see what it is like on the other side. Thank you to evreyone that comes out on Friday nights and cheers there butts off whether we play good or bad, win or lose. We have the best fans ever. I truly believe that. I love everyone of you. But once again, thank you to everybody for a great season. I'll be seeing most of you around. Next fall will be here before you know it, and I dunno about you, but I can't wait for some revenge on them lizards. Go SC!!! ;)

Nice post young man! :blink: Congratulations on a very nice career. Smith County is a great program with lots of support and respected by all. Good luck to you in all phases of your life as it too passes by very quickly.

As some of you might know, (Termite, imallin, and maybe some more I dunno), I was a senior for SC this year. I just want to thank everybody for a great season this year. I know everybody was expecting better, I was too. I'm sorry for that. But it was a good season. I know that last game was one heck of a game played by both sides. I think we won the first 3 quarters and 10 min. or so. And they won the last 2 min. But that was when it counted, they made the plays to win the game. To all the rest of the seniors, it's been fun playing with you the past four years. Some of you since middle school, and some of you for the past nine years. I love this game, and I will miss playing it, and I know all of you will too. To the rest of my teammates, 5 in a row is hard to swallow, not many people at all have done that to us. Do something that no one the past 3 years could do, and beat them next year. Leave it all on the field, because it is gone like that. To all the fans, there is nothing better than running through that sign, and seeing a packed house in The Hole, and every seat being empty because everyone is on there feet cheering. I'll be joining you next year. Kinda interested to see what it is like on the other side. Thank you to evreyone that comes out on Friday nights and cheers there butts off whether we play good or bad, win or lose. We have the best fans ever. I truly believe that. I love everyone of you. But once again, thank you to everybody for a great season. I'll be seeing most of you around. Next fall will be here before you know it, and I dunno about you, but I can't wait for some revenge on them lizards. Go SC!!! :lol:

I thought you might have been a player. Still not sure which one, doesn't matter. I also don't know that anyone was expecting better. I'm not sure what anybody expected this year. Believe me, there is NOTHING to be sorry for. Think back to when you were a Freshman. What did you expect then? You were probably just hoping to get on the field. Ya'll come a long way and made memories that will last a life time. You will tell your kids about it, show them pictures, all that stuff. Everytime you meet a teammate, and it may be 30 years from now, you will talk about it. Speaking for all SC fans....hold your head high. Think of how may games ya'll won. Went to the play offs every year. Semi's once, Quaters once. There's a lot of places and a lot of seniors that would love to have went just 1 time in their 4 years. 2010 seniors,,,it's been one heck of a ride. Thank you guys.