#6 Gallatin (9-3) @ #2 Beech (10-2) - 3rd Round

Gtowner

well i dont know much about Beech but the our group from Henry County is coming in hoping that the Green Wave comes out on top!!!!!!!!!!! we got a good group coming! i cant honestly think of a better team to beat us! you guys from Gallatin showed so much class in winning! I cant wait for our group to get to watch yall in action again. wat time should we get there?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im probly gonna be standing friday since i dont get off work till 6. Im excited for this game after week 10 seeing Beech beat Mt.juliet and Hville destroy us I was worried about having to play beech again but the last to weeks the wave has been on fire. Should be a great game and a great atmosphere.

I'm sure Coach Lassiter will use the underdog angle to motivate his troops. However, based on Gallatin winning at Beech earlier and their 20-2 record against Beech, (I was reminded of this by the Gallatin faithful after the last game) I'm having a tough time seeing them as an underdog. All this aside, I would bet (pun intended) that if Vegas could legitimately handicap this one it would make Gallatin a 3 point favorite.

Sportsobserver or anyone else, have ya'll got the updated stats on some of the Beech players such as Zinchini, Haymer, Sites(this guy is really good), or anybody else.

Looks like the rain might hold off for Friday night....if so I expect a massive crowd 5 to 8 thousand. Better get there early!!

Beech's team stats can be found on the Max Pr_ps website. When you go on the home page, enter Beech in the search and it should come up. For some reason the Coach T message board won't allow the name of the high school stats website to appear, so you'll have to fill in the blank.

Thanks. Curious as to see how these two teams stackup with each other stat-wise. Crabtree has done a great job this year with this group.

I'm sure Coach Lassiter will use the underdog angle to motivate his troops. However, based on Gallatin winning at Beech earlier and their 20-2 record against Beech, (I was reminded of this by the Gallatin faithful after the last game) I'm having a tough time seeing them as an underdog. All this aside, I would bet (pun intended) that if Vegas could legitimately handicap this one it would make Gallatin a 3 point favorite.

The revenge factor, home field advantage, and district champions,.....Gallatin is definitely the underdog. All we heard about is how the refs were in our pocket and we got lucky with the fumble at the goalline and the td that got called back on the motion penalty. Beech moved the ball between the 20's all night but couldn't get it in. Lots of motivation for the Bucs. Gallatin had best be prepared for a tough hard fight cause that is what the Wave is gonna get.

Sportsobserver or anyone else, have ya'll got the updated stats on some of the Beech players such as Zinchini, Haymer, Sites(this guy is really good), or anybody else.

Looks like the rain might hold off for Friday night....if so I expect a massive crowd 5 to 8 thousand. Better get there early!!

Beech's team stats can be found on the Max Pr_ps website. When you go on the home page, enter Beech in the search and it should come up. For some reason the Coach T message board won't allow the name of the high school stats website to appear, so you'll have to fill in the blank.

Thanks. Curious as to see how these two teams stackup with each other stat-wise. Crabtree has done a great job this year with this group.

I am obviously biased, but I think Crabtree should get coach of the year honors (if there is such an award) for the state. He lost about 15 or 16 starters from last year's region champion, state quarter final team. They, in effect, had to play against larger schools in their district with the new alignment this year. And I believe I am correct in saying that Beech is the only school in the district that only has one feeder middle school. He is a no nonsense, blocking and tackling kind of coach.

Not sure what Beech brings to the table. I was impressed with Green Wave defensive backs in the last game. They took the pass away from Patriots, only threw 4 but QB had to pull it down maybe 6 times nobody open. Numbers 4 and 5 blanketed receivers. Green Waves DB's are some the best I have seen against a Patriot team. Green Wave D does what it needs to do win football games. I thought Patriots ran the ball well against them 229 yards mostly thru 3 qtrs.

Green Wave passing attack took me by surprise. I think during year Matthews avg 60 yards per game but threw for 178 against Pats.

In the game they looked like they ran a well balanced offensive attack.

I will watch the scoreboard with interest Friday night.

Good luck Bucs. As a former member of the BHS family, I know what those two victories over the Green Wave several years ago meant to the program and the community. You always know that when you are playing Gallatin you are playing the best and one of the top class programs around. I have much respect for Coach Lassiter and his staff and team. Coach Crabtree has done a tremendous job rebuilding the BHS program and making it what it is today. Hopefully, the Bucs can get win #3 over the Green Wave in the series.

And I believe I am correct in saying that Beech is the only school in the district that only has one feeder middle school. 

Does MT. Juliet have 2 feeder schools. Beech now has two with the new Knox Doss @ Drakes Creek School. Portland only had one until this year. White House only has one, but they aren't in this classification. I have a player coming up through the middle school ranks right now and I know that the coach at Beech's feeder program, T.W. Hunter, is kind of different. I hear he doesn't give the high school any support and is kind of a renegade. He is a winner though.

I think the difference in the game will be the field. That Beech field is the worst in the midstate. Which ever team handles the sloppy field will be the winner.