#6 Gallatin (9-3) @ #2 Beech (10-2) - 3rd Round

Gtowner

So here it is! The 5A state quarterfinals are coming back to Sumner Co. Gallatin is coming off a huge, emotional win over 5A favorite, Henry Co., while Beech has been camped out on The Hill shaking off Clarksville teams like its nothing for two weeks. This matchup is a testament to the strength of Sumner Co. football! I am proud to be a part of it. What are your thoughts and opinions on this District 9AAA rematch?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here it is! The 5A state quarterfinals are coming back to Sumner Co. Gallatin is coming off a huge, emotional win over 5A favorite, Henry Co., while Beech has been camped out on The Hill shaking off Clarksville teams like its nothing for two weeks. This matchup is a testament to the strength of Sumner Co. football! I am proud to be a part of it. What are your thoughts and opinions on this District 9AAA rematch?

Someone from Sumner County is going to the semi-finals! This game ought to be a classic in the series. Beech in my opinion is every bit as good as Henry County. They are a gritty bunch with a few really good play makers. If it is a good night Shackle Island will be the largest town in Sumner County friday night.

Beech has wanted a rematch and Gallatin wants to prove it was no fluke with the penalties, called touchdown back, and the fumble at the one that Beech claims never happened. Lots of what ifs will be answered.

Even after Gallatin won the 1st game 7-0 they will be coming into this weeks game again as the underdog. On the way home last night Murphy Fair and crew had all but given the win to Beech easily for this weeks game. The weather is calling for RAIN all week long with a strong chance for Friday night as well. As great a win as Gallatin got last night over HC it is time to put the blinders back on for THIS Friday night against Beech. We now know what kind of kids they have and will not take anything or anyone for granted. This could be a 3-0 game or it could be a 28-27 ball game who really knows. The hard work this week has just begun. The closer any team gets to the prize the harder it will be to get there. Gallatin will need to have a huge crowd this week even if it means standing room only to help support the team. Beech will be ready and waiting on Gallatin.

Beech in the playoffs has scored 61 points while allowing 17. Average 30.5-8.5

Gallatin in the playoffs has scored 62 points while allowing 24. Average 31-12

Gallatin will definitely be the underdog. Beech is going to be preaching revenge all week and early forecast is for rain...yuck. I wonder how the Beech field has held up since Gallatin played them a month ago?

Gallatin had better be ready because just like last week nobody thinks Gallatin can beat Beech twice. Not only that but several have already crowned the Melrose/Mitchell winner state champion. That is way down the list but kind of disrespecting Sumner County.

Of course Gallatin faithful would be singing themselves as the underdog, which is hardly the case. Murphy was the ONLY of the three that picked Beech, Eakes and the other guy picked Gallatin. Gallatin won the first meeting which means they will be favored to win this, regardless of what the lifelong bystanders from Gallatin claim. But if I were an expert, which I am not, I would say Beech advances, especially if the field is in good condition.

Actually, Chad Withrow was the only of the 3 to pick Gallatin. Fair and Eaks picked Beech. But it doesn't really matter what any of those guys think because they missed more than half of their picks this week. I think this one is split right down the middle. I really really REALLY hate that it might rain in this game. Gallatin has not done well in the rain this year... Here's a point I brought up to some friends: Gallatin has an indoor practice field, so why practice in the rain if you don't have to? I honestly believe that a wet game is more to Gallatin's disadvantage because other teams are forced to go through the motions in rainy condtions, while Gallatin is used to a dry ball... I think that will play a major factor if the weather tanks. Does anyone have any info on the Beech kicking game? I saw them beat MJ, but I just don't remember. But it seems like they have missed a few extra points? Special teams probably make the difference in this game. I could be wrong. I'm going to decline to make a prediction, as I did last week. I have nothing but respect for Beech having seen them play twice now. Crabtree gets 100 percent out of those kids, so I'm sure they will be licking their chops. BTW, I have dreaded this week since this game happened a few weeks ago. My house is not a fun place to be this week as my gf is a former Beech cheerleader... You can be sure that when she's not looking, I'm going to be doing ''drought dances" all week. Rain rain go away.

It should be a fun game again. The tssaa should be licking their chops over how much money they will make on this game. I'm sure GHS will have as many or more fans than Beech. Since the first Gallatin game the field at Shackle Island Stadium has improved some. It was not a factor at all last night, however, it drains very poorly and a week of rain could make it a mud bowl again. Sorry greenies, I know it is not as good as your beloved School Board Stadium, but we do the best we can. I don't know if Beech can beat Gallatin, but I know they will be prepared and give every ounce they have. The passing game has gotten better and Haymer has rushed for 100+ in the last several games. It should be fun.

School Board Stadium? You do realize that Green Wave Stadium was there long before the school board took over the old junior high building. Don't act like Gallatin is getting extra funding or anything.

If it rains, it definitely goes in favor of Beech. Gallatin IS the underdog. Beech won the district and has revenge on there side. They are the favorite and the media is backing them. Gallatin has to shut out all those distractions and concentrate on stopping the multiple sets that Beech will line up in. Last time they ran out of the wing-t most of the night but Gallatin has to be prepared for the shotgun and smokestack. Beech is as solid a team as Gallatin has faced the entire year. Multiple people have told me that Beech looked really good against Mt Juliet. I don't think Gallatin saw the best performance from the Bucs in the first meeting. This should be a really good game, it is either win or pack up the gear.