An Early Look at Baylor vs. McCallie

YoungWrestler1995

With Wrestle90 finally out of hibernation, what should we expect the matchup between the Red Raiders and the Blue Tornados to look like? I know its early but from the looks of things, McCallie seems to have wrestlers transferred and come back to the Blue side of the spectrum. Wrestle90, got a quick rundown for the matchup? Should be a fun matchup to watch, although its a ways away and there is tons of wrestling to be wrestled.

103:

112:

119:

125:

130:

135:

140:

145:

152:

160:

171:

189:

215:

HWT:

Oh what the heck. I know I shouldn't fan the flames but I will put down the line-ups I am projecting as of right now... I just like seeing people talk wrestling. Won't go into my predictions... you could come close enough once you see the first rankings.

103 - ? (Baylor) vs Adam Connell (McCallie)

112 - John Eady (Baylor) vs Alex Ward (McCallie)

119 - Zach Watson (Baylor) vs Tim Westbrooks / Riley Scott (McCallie)

125 - Alex Manley (Baylor) vs Taylor Silberman (McCallie)

130 - ? (Baylor) vs Kendall Ray (McCallie)

135 - Cole Hayes (Baylor) vs Turner Martin (McCallie)

140 - Stuart Doster (Baylor) vs Houston Clements (McCallie)

145 - Trey Stavrum (Baylor) vs Michael Hooker (McCallie)

152 - Matthew Cate (Baylor) vs TJ Duncan (McCallie)

160 - Adam Shufford (Baylor) vs Chase Martino (McCallie)

171 - Nelson Pinkstaff (Baylor) vs Nate Condrey (McCallie)

189 - Mac Ferguson (Baylor) vs Hayden Cronan (McCallie)

215 - David Helton (Baylor) vs ? (McCallie)

285 - John Mackey (Baylor) vs TJ Satterfield (McCallie)

Potential variations:

1) Watson and Manley could slide up - Baylor had backup at 112 last year named Patrick Bryant who might be able to backfill

2) Hayes, Doster, and potentially Stavrum slide down

3) TJ Satterfield potentially slide down (have heard rumors) - McCallie had Ty Youngblood on the mat some last year at 215 as a freshman

Just what I might guess with where I have people slotted now and barring any strategic moves by coaches.

Have at it!

Oh what the heck. I know I shouldn't fan the flames but I will put down the line-ups I am projecting as of right now... I just like seeing people talk wrestling. Won't go into my predictions... you could come close enough once you see the first rankings.

103 - ? (Baylor) vs Adam Connell (McCallie)

112 - John Eady (Baylor) vs Alex Ward (McCallie)

119 - Zach Watson (Baylor) vs Tim Westbrooks / Riley Scott (McCallie)

125 - Alex Manley (Baylor) vs Taylor Silberman (McCallie)

130 - ? (Baylor) vs Kendall Ray (McCallie)

135 - Cole Hayes (Baylor) vs Turner Martin (McCallie)

140 - Stuart Doster (Baylor) vs Houston Clements (McCallie)

145 - Trey Stavrum (Baylor) vs Michael Hooker (McCallie)

152 - Matthew Cate (Baylor) vs TJ Duncan (McCallie)

160 - Adam Shufford (Baylor) vs Chase Martino (McCallie)

171 - Nelson Pinkstaff (Baylor) vs Nate Condrey (McCallie)

189 - Mac Ferguson (Baylor) vs Hayden Cronan (McCallie)

215 - David Helton (Baylor) vs ? (McCallie)

285 - John Mackey (Baylor) vs TJ Satterfield (McCallie)

Potential variations:

1) Watson and Manley could slide up - Baylor had backup at 112 last year named Patrick Bryant who might be able to backfill

2) Hayes, Doster, and potentially Stavrum slide down

3) TJ Satterfield potentially slide down (have heard rumors) - McCallie had Ty Youngblood on the mat some last year at 215 as a freshman

Just what I might guess with where I have people slotted now and barring any strategic moves by coaches.

Have at it!

Ghouse---rather than fanning any flames, you may have thrown a wet blanket over any flames by posting that line-up for TBSFBAG. I didn't realize they had that many starters coming back from last year's traditional state runner-up. I realize that a lot can happen between now and February, but barring injuries or illness, looks to me like the rest of DII may be wrestling for second.

103 - Nick Standifer (Baylor) vs Alex Elsea (McCallie) Elsea Dec

112 - John Eady (Baylor) vs Alex Ward (McCallie) Eady Dec

119 - Zach Watson (Baylor) vs Tim Westbrooks (McCallie) Watson Fall

125 - Alex Manley (Baylor) vs Taylor Silberman (McCallie) Manley Maj on fire beat lil Bearcat 13-3

130 - Reece (Baylor) vs Kendall Ray (McCallie) Ray Dec

135 - Cole Hayes (Baylor) vs Turner Martin (McCallie) Hayes Maj

140 - Stuart Doster (Baylor) vs Houston Clements (McCallie) Clements upset Dec

145 - Trey Stavrum (Baylor) vs Michael Hooker (McCallie) Hooker Dec

152 - Matthew Cate (Baylor) vs TJ Duncan (McCallie) Duncan Fall

160 - Adam Shufford (Baylor) vs Chase Martino (McCallie) Martino Dec

171 - Nelson Pinkstaff (Baylor) vs Nate Condrey (McCallie) Pinkstaff Fall

189 - Mac Ferguson (Baylor) vs (McCallie) Fergenson Dec

215 - David Helton (Baylor) vs ? (McCallie) Helton Fall

285 - John Mackey (Baylor) vs TJ Satterfield (McCallie) Mackey Fall

Baylor 38 McCallie 21

125 - Alex Manley (Baylor) vs Taylor Silberman (McCallie) Manley Maj on fire beat lil Bearcat 13-3

Baylor 38 McCallie 21

Ok a few things wrong with this one:

125 - Alex Manley a major decision over Taylor Silberman? Ever heard of Jack Silberman? Yeah, his little brother. The kid has wrestled his whole life, and remember this match is in January. Not now. It wont take the Silbondo trained Taylor to get back into the swing of things and more than a couple weeks. He is extremely athletic and I am glasd to see him back out here. I am not a tornado fan, so we can throw that out of our minds, but the match interests me more than any other dual in the state; or the southeast for that matter (Maybe Collins Hill vs. Parkview a few years ago).

135 - Cole Hayes. Before I go any further, remember to think about the passion this kid has for wrestling. Especially since he captured mono just before his walk through state tournament bracket. The future OW at the state is back with vengeance this year. PIN

140 - I still think Doster Hooker is the most sensible matchup, but if I must throw it out there, Doster will use maturity and 2 state championships under his belt to (at the very minumin) squeak this decision out.

145 - Say Hooker does wrestle Stavrum............ Anywhere between a major dec. and a pin. 4,5, or 6 pts for the Blue

152 - Duncan is an outstanding wrestler with some of the most fierce aggression in every one of his matches. I've seen the kid wrestle since he was the star at the Hammerhouse program in GA. However Cate has increased his wrestling tactics tremendously, So unless TJ he gets some funky haircut (very possible) before the match, I don't see him pinning Baylor's young, but mature immproved Cate.

160 - Adam Shuford vs. Martino (GOOD CHOICE) Martino by major decision or fall. I'll give the blue 6 pts here.

Baylor 38 McCallie 21

125 - Alex Manley a major decision over Taylor Silberman? Ever heard of Jack Silberman? Yeah, his little brother. The kid has wrestled his whole life, and remember this match is in January. Not now. It wont take the Silbondo trained Taylor to get back into the swing of things and more than a couple weeks. He is extremely athletic and I am glasd to see him back out here. I am not a tornado fan, so we can throw that out of our minds, but the match interests me more than any other dual in the state; or the southeast for that matter (Maybe Collins Hill vs. Parkview a few years ago).

135 - Cole Hayes. Before I go any further, remember to think about the passion this kid has for wrestling. Especially since he captured mono just before his walk through state tournament bracket. The future OW at the state is back with vengeance this year. PIN

140 - I still think Doster Hooker is the most sensible matchup, but if I must throw it out there, Doster will use maturity and 2 state championships under his belt to (at the very minumin) squeak this decision out.

145 - Say Hooker does wrestle Stavrum............ Anywhere between a major dec. and a pin. 4,5, or 6 pts for the Blue

152 - Duncan is an outstanding wrestler with some of the most fierce aggression in every one of his matches. I've seen the kid wrestle since he was the star at the Hammerhouse program in GA. However Cate has increased his wrestling tactics tremendously, So unless TJ he gets some funky haircut (very possible) before the match, I don't see him pinning Baylor's young, but mature immproved Cate.

160 - Adam Shuford vs. Martino (GOOD CHOICE) Martino by major decision or fall. I'll give the blue 6 pts here.

I won't go into the other statements made but isn't this the same Silberman that Manley majored two years ago in the state semi-finals and then dropped down to finish 5th? I will take the Alex Manley who has been wrestling for those entire past two years (and that includes darn near year round) to have widened the gap over Silberman who was at home not wrestling. Silberman is a good kid I am sure and not trying to discredit him but you have got to lean with the guy who has been wrestling the whole time and who was better before Silberman's break.

i think those were some bold predictions. however, i dont think doster will lose. i think doster will get the major. The matchup between Martino and Shuford will be a close one. Shuford could not wrestle last year because of a shoulder injury, but his soph. year he had a good year. I think he is tougher than Martino and can come out with a win. he could possibly get a pin.

Baylor 38 McCallie 21

I dont see how you think Silberman will beat Manley, Silberman hasnt wrestled in years and Manley beat him handily 2 years ago.

I think the Hooker Stavrum match will be much closer than a pin. Match of the night.

Also the Martino Shufford match will be tight. Adam hasnt lost much skill in his time off

I dont see how you think Silberman will beat Manley, Silberman hasnt wrestled in years and Manley beat him handily 2 years ago.

I think the Hooker Stavrum match will be much closer than a pin. Match of the night.

Also the Martino Shufford match will be tight. Adam hasnt lost much skill in his time off

Don't try to confuse this argument with facts. Shufford -Martino matchup should be a good one.