Gibson Co. Pioneers

GCPioneer

I want to give major props to Coach Hart and the Gibson Co. Pioneers. He has them playing extremely well to kick off the season. This is one of the quickest Gibson Co. boys teams that I've seen in a long time! Gibson Co. beat Dresden the other night by around 20 points in a game where GC didn't play particularly well. Tonight GC beat a very talented Henry Co. team 68-63. Some may look at the score and think that the football players didn't play for Henry Co., however Henry Co. was at full strength. I hope the boys keep this up and keep playing like they are! Teams are going to underestimate you guys and then wonder what happen just like tonight. Keep up the intensity and good things will happen!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to give major props to Coach Hart and the Gibson Co. Pioneers. He has them playing extremely well to kick off the season. This is one of the quickest Gibson Co. boys teams that I've seen in a long time! Gibson Co. beat Dresden the other night by around 20 points in a game where GC didn't play particularly well. Tonight GC beat a very talented Henry Co. team 68-63. Some may look at the score and think that the football players didn't play for Henry Co., however Henry Co. was at full strength. I hope the boys keep this up and keep playing like they are! Teams are going to underestimate you guys and then wonder what happen just like tonight. Keep up the intensity and good things will happen!!!

I hope the GC Pioneers have a good season. I have heard Coach Hart is a very good coach and in time will have the boys on track! Good luck on the season! :roll:

Gibson County played very well! From what I was told they won their state championship last night from the way they were acting after the game... The only thing I disagree with is that HC was not at full strength. 3 guys, all of which could be possible starters(2 started last year and 1 has potential to work himself in), didn't even dress last night due to injuries. 2 should be back within 2 to 3 weeks and the other late in the season hopefully. But as I said, Gibson played as well as they could ever hope to play. So hats off to them, Congrats Pioneers!!

Gibson County played very well! From what I was told they won their state championship last night from the way they were acting after the game... The only thing I disagree with is that HC was not at full strength. 3 guys, all of which could be possible starters(2 started last year and 1 has potential to work himself in), didn't even dress last night due to injuries. 2 should be back within 2 to 3 weeks and the other late in the season hopefully. But as I said, Gibson played as well as they could ever hope to play. So hats off to them, Congrats Pioneers!!

Considering Henry Co. is probably one of, if not the best team, they'll play during the regular season, they had every reason to be excited about winning. Those boys knew how good Henry Co. was. A win like that could carry alot of momentum through the season. Like I said, this is probably the quickest GC boys team that I've ever seen. We pressed for the majority of the first half and pulled out of it in the second half. We are also much deeper this year, playing 4-5 deep into the bench with no drop off in talent. Coach Hart's doing great things right now and it's showing. I just hope we can keep this up.

Great Job!!!! I guess i cant crack jokes anymore!!!!

Legend..Were you just cracking jokes all this time..Or kis it getting close to Thanksgiving and you're in a gnerous mood..I actually miss your posts..Come on over to 14A and blast Lake Co..But ..Congrats to Gibson Co on their wins..!

Good post but dont start the season making excuses. Just give Gibson County their due and leave it at that.

Ya thats good but just wait until gibson county gets deeper into there schedule especially when they face u know who. they are goin 2 get spanked

Who is u know who? Go ahead and post it so the guys can read this and have a little extra bulletin board material coming into that game. Henry Co. was no doubt probably the best team we'll face during the regular season so "u know who" may want to keep their mouth shut. I was just giving props to our guys from coming out in these past 2 games and playing extremely hard. I wasn't trying to get blasted by "u know who".

Legend..Were you just cracking jokes all this time..Or kis it getting close to Thanksgiving and you're in a gnerous mood..I actually miss your posts..Come on over to 14A and blast Lake Co..But ..Congrats to Gibson Co on their wins..!

go check 14A out now, thats classic legend stuff!!! lol!!!

Good post but dont start the season making excuses. Just give Gibson County their due and leave it at that.

I'm not sure where thebenchwarmer was making any excuses. GCPioneer stated that Henry County was at full strength, which is obviously not true. Now there's very little chance that Haley makes a significant contribution this year, at least he shouldn't be expected to, but they are missing their starting center who may be their most versatile player. Now if memory recalls Gibson County gave Henry County a pretty good game last year as well, so congrats on the win and continued success throughout the course of the season.