Gibson Co. Pioneers

GCPioneer

Ya thats good but just wait until gibson county gets deeper into there schedule especially when they face u know who. they are goin 2 get spanked

Who is u know who? Go ahead and post it so the guys can read this and have a little extra bulletin board material coming into that game. Henry Co. was no doubt probably the best team we'll face during the regular season so "u know who" may want to keep their mouth shut. I was just giving props to our guys from coming out in these past 2 games and playing extremely hard. I wasn't trying to get blasted by "u know who".

I have no idea who u know who is either but for some reason..I just have that feeling...he/she is talking about Dyer Co...But could be Humboldt since yall are in the same county and after last year's games..But..this is a new year and Gibson Co may have it going on this year.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson County played very well! From what I was told they won their state championship last night from the way they were acting after the game... The only thing I disagree with is that HC was not at full strength. 3 guys, all of which could be possible starters(2 started last year and 1 has potential to work himself in), didn't even dress last night due to injuries. 2 should be back within 2 to 3 weeks and the other late in the season hopefully. But as I said, Gibson played as well as they could ever hope to play. So hats off to them, Congrats Pioneers!!

Good post but dont start the season making excuses. Just give Gibson County their due and leave it at that.

I'm not sure where thebenchwarmer was making any excuses. GCPioneer stated that Henry County was at full strength, which is obviously not true. Now there's very little chance that Haley makes a significant contribution this year, at least he shouldn't be expected to, but they are missing their starting center who may be their most versatile player. Now if memory recalls Gibson County gave Henry County a pretty good game last year as well, so congrats on the win and continued success throughout the course of the season.

He was making excuses by saying we weren't at full strength. Injuries happen in sports. He said GC played well and he should have just left it at that. The smart alec remark about how they acted after the game was uncalled for as well. Just play the game, congratulate them, and move on to the next one.

I have no idea who u know who is either but for some reason..I just have that feeling...he/she is talking about Dyer Co...But could be Humboldt since yall are in the same county and after last year's games..But..this is a new year and Gibson Co may have it going on this year.

Gibson Co. does not play Dyer Co. this year. We do play Humboldt and I do believe us beating Humboldt is a possibility. This years GC teams is so much more athletic and so much more quick than years past.

He was making excuses by saying we weren't at full strength. Injuries happen in sports. He said GC played well and he should have just left it at that. The smart alec remark about how they acted after the game was uncalled for as well. Just play the game, congratulate them, and move on to the next one.

His excuse is similar to this one you made after the Clarksville FB game, don't you think?

"I think the players were overconfident and it got us beat. Thank goodness the loss didn't cost us the district lead, at least I don't think it did."

Both are excuses.

GC played with lots of passion and won the game.

Gibson County played very well! From what I was told they won their state championship last night from the way they were acting after the game... The only thing I disagree with is that HC was not at full strength. 3 guys, all of which could be possible starters(2 started last year and 1 has potential to work himself in), didn't even dress last night due to injuries. 2 should be back within 2 to 3 weeks and the other late in the season hopefully. But as I said, Gibson played as well as they could ever hope to play. So hats off to them, Congrats Pioneers!!

Good post but dont start the season making excuses. Just give Gibson County their due and leave it at that.

I'm not sure where thebenchwarmer was making any excuses. GCPioneer stated that Henry County was at full strength, which is obviously not true. Now there's very little chance that Haley makes a significant contribution this year, at least he shouldn't be expected to, but they are missing their starting center who may be their most versatile player. Now if memory recalls Gibson County gave Henry County a pretty good game last year as well, so congrats on the win and continued success throughout the course of the season.

When an incorrect fact is stated as fact and is corrected, that is not making excuses. For examples of excuses, read any Dyer County thread after they lose a game.

Gibson Co. does not play Dyer Co. this year. We do play Humboldt and I do believe us beating Humboldt is a possibility. This years GC teams is so much more athletic and so much more quick than years past.

Great Job Gibson County! I think GC could be Humboldt as well!

When an incorrect fact is stated as fact and is corrected, that is not making excuses. For examples of excuses, read any Dyer County thread after they lose a game.

Does Dyer Co ever lose?

Man, I love basketball season! It's funny how this starts out being Gibson Co. Pioneers thread and turns into a Dyer County bash... I LOVE IT!!! :popcorneater::popcorneater:

• 2 weeks later...

GC GC GC GC GC WOW U GUYS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE REALLY GOOD THIS YEAR WHATS GOING ON 1ST THING I WANT 2 KNOW IS HOW U GUYS LET TRENTON PEABODY BEAT U GUYS IF U GUYS CONTINUE 2 PLAY LIKE THIS U GUYS WONT MAKE IT OUT OF THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENTS COACH HART CANT DO IT BY HIMSELF HE NEED SOME HELP FROM THE PLAYERS LIKE DAVANTE WATSON MITCHELL SIMPSON MARC ROACH DENZEL HARRIS AND MANY MORE THEM JUST THE 1'S THAT COME 2 MIND AND KORENSKY SIMPSON WHAT THA .......... U BEEN DOING LOL JK BUT GOOD LUCK IN THE REST OF THE SEASON

GC GC GC GC GC WOW U GUYS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE REALLY GOOD THIS YEAR WHATS GOING ON 1ST THING I WANT 2 KNOW IS HOW U GUYS LET TRENTON PEABODY BEAT U GUYS IF U GUYS CONTINUE 2 PLAY LIKE THIS U GUYS WONT MAKE IT OUT OF THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENTS COACH HART CANT DO IT BY HIMSELF HE NEED SOME HELP FROM THE PLAYERS LIKE DAVANTE WATSON MITCHELL SIMPSON MARC ROACH DENZEL HARRIS AND MANY MORE THEM JUST THE 1'S THAT COME 2 MIND AND KORENSKY SIMPSON WHAT THA .......... U BEEN DOING LOL JK BUT GOOD LUCK IN THE REST OF THE SEASON

I agree that there's no way we should've lost to Peabody, at allllllll. We should've been them fairly easily, but we didn't. GC lost to Haywood the other night by 11. They had the lead at the half by the score of 48-32, but went ice cold in the second half. I'm a believer in Coach Hart and that he's a great coach, the players just need to bring it 100% every night and not lose to teams like Peabody. Hopefully GC can bounce back from this Haywood loss and knock off Westview tomorrow night. Westview has the Lloyd boy, but outside of that they're limited. GC should win tomorrow night.