Pickett Co is Back...18-0 before Gordonsville scores

bobcatfan300

The Bobcats have the talent but they had better play better than they did against Arts & Sciences Saturday. They looked awful for most of the game, got down by at least 15 but came back within 3 to lose 51-48. But, they showed that they could come back against a traditionally good team. LA will be all over them if they play like they did Saturday.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bobcat300.. This is an absurd post. Pickett Co has had better and deeper teams in the last ten years, they had taller and more athletic teams in the last 20 years. Is this team better than last years? Much, Much, Much better. This years team is more athletic and has a lot more height. Nick Cross is very, very raw still, he tried to shoot a couple the other night with his back to the goal (which is what I expect from someone who hasn't played in nearly four years), but by the end of the season, he will be more of a force. On the defensive end, he looked very good I'll add. Dowdy and Elder look good too starting out the other night. This team is deep in the Forwards and Center with Dowdy, Elder, Cross, and Pennycuff, but this team lacks a true shooter, and after Cummings there isn't a point guard or someone who can really handle the ball. This team isn't the teams that Jacob Wright played on, it isn't the '05 squad that went to state, it isn't close to the teams from the first of the decade, and it certainty isn't the teams from the early 90s. This team could go far, because the state of single A ball is down as a whole, but lets not compare them to those other teams, because that simply wouldn't be fair. There where teams with Amonett, Melton, Beasley, and Meadows that were taller, those early 90s and late 90s teams where deeper for sure. I mean Meadows was coming off the bench in 1990 guys, that tells you how deep we really used to be. When you say there isn't a drop off from the starting five to the second team, its because the first five isn't leaps and bounds better than the first couple that come off the bench. When Wright played, the second five wasn't as deep because their was a major drop off from them to the bench, same in '05. I like this team, and they will be much more fun to watch this year than last, but its unfair to compare them to anything but last years team.

To those LA fans who think size doesn't matter: It does..If it didn't, every state in the country (other than Kentucky, and they are discussing it) wouldn't have classifications. Classifications make it a fair playing field to different sizes of schools. PC isn't complaining about playing LA, its a good thing, it helps us by playing up against tougher competition. LA is one of our out of district rivals, along with Clinton Co. Ky. and they are PC's biggest gates of the year. For years LA couldn't beat us, now they are good and we can't beat them, it goes in cycles.

Touchy for beating you like a drum? Ok.

just wait about four years....pickett will be playing LA like a guitar. :roflol::roflol:

And just where do you think LA is going to go?

Well every game I have watched pickett's 6th grade and 8th grade teams play, they have won. Mainly against Overton County teams. From what I've heard PC's 8th hasn't lost a game and 6th has lost only a few.

This thread is amusing, I am a fan of all the local teams. But i played at LA in the 90's so that is my team. Players like Amonet, Beasley, Melton, Meadows, Crouch, Mitchel, and Parrish only come along once and a while. They just happened to play within a few years together. This years team is smaller and less talented but as posted earlier that is not fair to compare the two. As for the ignorant post about waiting 4 years, sorry to tell you but liivingston has a freshman class this year that could be compared to last years graduating class! Looks bad 4 other teams in our district. Good luck to all local teams and hope everyone stays injury free!

This thread is amusing, I am a fan of all the local teams. But i played at LA in the 90's so that is my team. Players like Amonet, Beasley, Melton, Meadows, Crouch, Mitchel, and Parrish only come along once and a while. They just happened to play within a few years together. This years team is smaller and less talented but as posted earlier that is not fair to compare the two. As for the ignorant post about waiting 4 years, sorry to tell you but liivingston has a freshman class this year that could be compared to last years graduating class! Looks bad 4 other teams in our district. Good luck to all local teams and hope everyone stays injury free!

im pretty sure in four years,this years freshman will be gone..

To bobcat300.. This is an absurd post. Pickett Co has had better and deeper teams in the last ten years, they had taller and more athletic teams in the last 20 years. Is this team better than last years? Much, Much, Much better. This years team is more athletic and has a lot more height. Nick Cross is very, very raw still, he tried to shoot a couple the other night with his back to the goal (which is what I expect from someone who hasn't played in nearly four years), but by the end of the season, he will be more of a force. On the defensive end, he looked very good I'll add. Dowdy and Elder look good too starting out the other night. This team is deep in the Forwards and Center with Dowdy, Elder, Cross, and Pennycuff, but this team lacks a true shooter, and after Cummings there isn't a point guard or someone who can really handle the ball. This team isn't the teams that Jacob Wright played on, it isn't the '05 squad that went to state, it isn't close to the teams from the first of the decade, and it certainty isn't the teams from the early 90s. This team could go far, because the state of single A ball is down as a whole, but lets not compare them to those other teams, because that simply wouldn't be fair. There where teams with Amonett, Melton, Beasley, and Meadows that were taller, those early 90s and late 90s teams where deeper for sure. I mean Meadows was coming off the bench in 1990 guys, that tells you how deep we really used to be. When you say there isn't a drop off from the starting five to the second team, its because the first five isn't leaps and bounds better than the first couple that come off the bench. When Wright played, the second five wasn't as deep because their was a major drop off from them to the bench, same in '05. I like this team, and they will be much more fun to watch this year than last, but its unfair to compare them to anything but last years team.

To those LA fans who think size doesn't matter: It does..If it didn't, every state in the country (other than Kentucky, and they are discussing it) wouldn't have classifications. Classifications make it a fair playing field to different sizes of schools. PC isn't complaining about playing LA, its a good thing, it helps us by playing up against tougher competition. LA is one of our out of district rivals, along with Clinton Co. Ky. and they are PC's biggest gates of the year. For years LA couldn't beat us, now they are good and we can't beat them, it goes in cycles.

In 89-90 Meadows, Melton and Beasley all rotated the 5th starting position until just after Christmas break...thats when Meadows started all the time thru the rest of the regular and post seasons. That was one of their deepest teams.

Im pretty sure in four years LA will be just fine when it comes to playing the Bobcats. :blink:

Im pretty sure in four years LA will be just fine when it comes to playing the Bobcats. :lol:

everyone has a right to there opinion,no matter how wrong it is.