#2 Sullivan South (11-2) @ #1 Columbia Central (12-1)

2000southreb81

Here is the bump and run rule as I read it in the rule book. A defender may contact a reciever at the line of scrimmage, but only with a legal blocking technique. And he may continue to block him all the way down the field until the ball is thrown. But when the reciever gets to the same yardline as the defender, the defender must stop blocking him as he is no longer considered a "potential blocker."

So what this means is that if the WR is equal to or has a step on the corner the corner is guilty of interference if he touches the WR...even if the ball is not in the air.

great clarification on the rules Comp. As far as attacking press coverage ,what does the book say about legality of picks or rubs on crossing routes to lose defenders? Watterson and Zanoni may be setting sail on some deep routes this week.

Cannot wait for this one. Check out the facility at the Columbia Central Lions website. Looks like a neat place to play. Nice pressbox, Looks like the field was moved at one time because the stadium is not centered on the field.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we talk about JJ for a moment. Please explain to me why this kid is not being utylized. Is it his physical ability? Is it his lack of control? Or is he just resisting the whole Stacy Carter mentality. This kid is strong and not slow. And I believe it is safe to say he has the killer instinct. I see him at Fullback. And I see him at MLB. And in all honesty, I see him as Heath's backup. He may be a problem child but when I talk to him I see a model of respectability. He is yes sir and no sir with me. I see a world of potential that I personally would not let go. We lost one super three sport athlete 3 years ago to a lack of vision in the young man and I'd hate to see that repeated.

Can we talk about JJ for a moment. Please explain to me why this kid is not being utylized. Is it his physical ability? Is it his lack of control? Or is he just resisting the whole Stacy Carter mentality. This kid is strong and not slow. And I believe it is safe to say he has the killer instinct. I see him at Fullback. And I see him at MLB. And in all honesty, I see him as Heath's backup. He may be a problem child but when I talk to him I see a model of respectability. He is yes sir and no sir with me. I see a world of potential that I personally would not let go. We lost one super three sport athlete 3 years ago to a lack of vision in the young man and I'd hate to see that repeated.

I thought like you when I read Volman referring to Coach Jenkins as JJ. We are so clued in to our own JJ and his potential. Trust the coaches.JJ is enrolled in the process. He will emerge next season. Fruit ripens in its own time. This harvest will begin with Knox West.

Here is the bump and run rule as I read it in the rule book. A defender may contact a reciever at the line of scrimmage, but only with a legal blocking technique. And he may continue to block him all the way down the field until the ball is thrown. But when the reciever gets to the same yardline as the defender, the defender must stop blocking him as he is no longer considered a "potential blocker."

So what this means is that if the WR is equal to or has a step on the corner the corner is guilty of interference if he touches the WR...even if the ball is not in the air.

great clarification on the rules Comp. As far as attacking press coverage ,what does the book say about legality of picks or rubs on crossing routes to lose defenders? Watterson and Zanoni may be setting sail on some deep routes this week.

Cannot wait for this one. Check out the facility at the Columbia Central Lions website. Looks like a neat place to play. Nice pressbox, Looks like the field was moved at one time because the stadium is not centered on the field.

There is a lot of freedom given to the official in the regard of crossing routes, setting picks and rolls so to speak. But the rule book is blatant when it comes to man coverage. In addition there is defined explanation of blocking the WR's view of the ball by using the hand to cover his field of vision. This is potential interference even though no contact is made. I am really concerned about this bump and run thing Crawdad. Especially with the Columbia posters lack of knowledge on the "legal" way to implement this devistating technique. I have a bad feeling on this one. If their D backs play this method then it means they have been taught to play it ruthlessly and to push the rulebook. Our WR's have only seen b-n-r one time. Just as you must know how to deliver it you must also know how to evade it. I feel Stacy needs to be very clear on the rulebook definition of this coverage and be well prepared for the obvious misuse of the rule under seige. I feel this is the one they will try and rape us with. I want to see film on these people and see if this is one the buttons they try and push. Something tells me we are walking into an ambush. Call me paranoid but I would feel better to know that the coaches are aware of this potential Greeneville situation.

Crawdad, if you started reading the rulebook you wouldn't stop. It is facinating. This is where GQ gets his ideas. There are legal ways of doing things in there that would make you shake your head. Especially if it happened to your team on the fly in a game and you had never heard of it before. Pretty good reading. :D

The foundation for success has been laid. What did we learn from GQ at the black hole about championship football and aggressive go for the throat play calling. Does the disappointment from Greeneville linger and motivate? This program has been knocking on the door. Time to kick it down.

REBEL NATION :D

ATTN REBEL NATION:

The charter busses have been requisitioned. $60.00 which includes the game ticket payable by Tuesday Noon. Make checks payable to Drenda Phillips as she will be at Sullivan South Office Tuesday morning. The convoy will leave Friday morning at 9-10 am from South parking lot and return to the parking lot after the game but not before the skirmish. :D:lol::oops::x She needs info ASAP so if you can commit or need questions answered following is her e-mail address: http://dodren7@aol.com I would imagine the bus will hold 60-80 people. The more the merrier. If a bus is not full it will not roll unless the passengers want to pay more $'s. First come first serve so get your group together and your list of names and get your seat reserved. I don't think Hors' Dourves or drinks are being served. BYOB. :oops:

There are only a couple of us on here so please everyone tell the madam and get the phones ringing. This ain't your normal Friday night you know. I know I know, you can't get off. So quit. We can all get new jobs on Monday. It's only money right? THE REBEL NATION

A few questions maybe someone can help answer. I work friday and am lucky enough to take 1/2 day vacation. Leaving out around 12:30! Will tickets be available thru South sometime this week? Is the Rebel band going to attend the game? Hope to see a strong turnout from the Rebel faithful!!

u can get a ticket at the gate, if you got correct change you dont even have to wait in line

Our WR's have only seen b-n-r one time. Just as you must know how to deliver it you must also know how to evade it. I feel Stacy needs to be very clear on the rulebook definition of this coverage and be well prepared for the obvious misuse of the rule under seige. I feel this is the one they will try and rape us with. I want to see film on these people and see if this is one the buttons they try and push. Something tells me we are walking into an ambush.

popcorneater:

Comp, ole buddy. Popped on to catch up and reaad a little (i must be really bored). I retired from posting as you know. Making this exception. Let's try to not point anything out for them on here please. BUT, I wanted to reassure you a bit. Remember all the combines and camps since sophomore year? B-N-R running at WR & DB vs some of the best, many D1 DB's, at Wake, Furman, Appy State, combines in ATL, CLT, DC, Cincy, Nashville, Etc. Then there's the whole Miami instruction specific to this. They (we took more than one with us) HAVE seen the bump and run many years during summers and are chomping at the bit for someone to try it. I hope this IS a track meet. Can we set up some hurdles too? See you all there.

A few questions maybe someone can help answer. I work friday and am lucky enough to take 1/2 day vacation. Leaving out around 12:30! Will tickets be available thru South sometime this week? Is the Rebel band going to attend the game? Hope to see a strong turnout from the Rebel faithful!!

u can get a ticket at the gate, if you got correct change you dont even have to wait in line

Thanks ssssssss, looking forward to the game.....just not the long drive! Got any recommendations of good eating places?