#2 Sullivan South (11-2) @ #1 Columbia Central (12-1)

2000southreb81

"Hopefully it will sink in and I think it will. Several coaches are to blame for this. Should have been addressed years ago. Like you said though, if it doesn't work out, it'll be a shame." quote from volman

Trust me on this. No coaches are to blame for JJ. His antics have continued no matter the discipline that has been handed out. He's been benched, suspended, ran to death, etc. He's been analyzed, psychologized, exorcised, and proselytized to no avail. His comrades think he is bipolar.

Anyway, he is a good kid off the field/court and will be an impact player. His full role, though, may depend on if/when he matures and will do what the coaches want.

Good Luck Rebels!! Let's take it to them Friday.

I know this. I was referring to his youth coaches all the way through middle school. He should have been taught then. If anyone can do it though, SC can. He will not put players on the field that act that way. Some area coaches will, but not SC.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think JJ might benefit from some Mama Taylor attitude adjustment medication? I happen to have some extra leftover....

I love that kid, really. I think he has huge potential and agree that he must be held in check- but he has to want to do it himself: "There are only two stimulants to one's best efforts: the fear of punishment, and the hope of reward." He has to figure that one out.

A little analysis is in order.

From the boards and the papers...

1. Columbia has a RB that knocks out 3 or 4 LB/DBs a game. :?:

2. Columbia has a WR that should be playing in the NFL right now. :lol:

3. Columbia has a QB that can throw a strike from 70-80 yards. :lol:

4. Columbia has cops for coaches. (Hope they aren't packin' on the field.) :lol:

5. Columbia has all TSSAA refs in their pocket. :lol:

6. etc., etc.........

Why is South spending the effort and money to travel to the "Lion's Den"?

1. South has.........a TEAM.

Rebels - 35

Central - 31

A little analysis is in order.

From the boards and the papers...

1. Columbia has a RB that knocks out 3 or 4 LB/DBs a game. :?:

2. Columbia has a WR that should be playing in the NFL right now. :lol:

3. Columbia has a QB that can throw a strike from 70-80 yards. :lol:

4. Columbia has cops for coaches. (Hope they aren't packin' on the field.) :lol:

5. Columbia has all TSSAA refs in their pocket. :lol:

6. etc., etc.........

Why is South spending the effort and money to travel to the "Lion's Den"?

1. South has.........a TEAM.

Rebels - 35

Central - 31

Columbia has kids 15-18 on the team, same as South. Unless middle tn is hiding athletes that we don't comprehend, it'll be a close one as you say. Those things on Columbia sound more like intimidator factors...South has big kids up front, a good qb and rb, good recievers, and a defense that flies to the ball. My only question is the passing game on your D. You won't be able to sit back like you did unless you want to give up 10 yard strikes all night against a spread o. You did it to us, so you know what I am talking about.

Sigh, I wanna play you all again....haha next year tho!

You think JJ might benefit from some Mama Taylor attitude adjustment medication? I happen to have some extra leftover....

I love that kid, really. I think he has huge potential and agree that he must be held in check- but he has to want to do it himself: "There are only two stimulants to one's best efforts: the fear of punishment, and the hope of reward." He has to figure that one out.

good lucke in Columbia i think you all will when ,i was listening on the radia when Bobby made that run TOm said that was the best run he has ever seen ,i know he will keepit up ,like i said we will be watching him on sat. good luke and be safe going down

Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams. Sullivan South, represent the eastern side of the state well. It sure is a long drive. Will the team be going over early on Thursday?

Oh, littlebobbybucks, I heard a rumor you were a cross-dressing Nazi who regularly makes anti-semitic comments on behalf of the Columbia area schools. Is that true?

No one can answer my question. Why won't anyone answer my question? Are all teams in the Columbia and greater Nashville area like littlebobbybucks and his anti-semites? Do they all believe in pogroms against others who aren't of the same religion? Do they hate Woody Allen movies?

Sorry for the digression folks. I just got caught up in some littlebobbybuck type logic like he employed with respect to Anderson County.

I really do wish both teams (but not certain of one team's fans) well in the game.

Tom, first of all, it's BobBBucks, not littlebobbybucks. I asked the Anderson County fans a good question. Why do the Anderson County HS football players not shake the hands of their opponents after the game. I asked if they are classless, racist (roughly half our team is minority), or is it customary for East Tennessee teams to not shake hands after a ballgame is completed. Around Middle Tennessee it is a show of good sportsmanship to shake hands of their opponents after a game, in all sports. It may not be customary in other places, including East TN, but I suspect that it is customary to shake hands over there. I'm not used to this behavior after a game, so I think it is a fair question. Nobody answered it.

If you want to answer it, lets take it over to the Anderson County thread, and not hijack this one. Anderson County is done. Let the fans of Sullivan South and Columbia Central have their day in the sun. They deserve it.

I'll be looking for your answer over in the Anderson County/ Columbia tread. I will not address you again here.

Comp.. you guys have a safe trip down there..can't lie ..wish we were goin instead ..but you are and thats cool you guys deserve it.. so since your goin... tell them boys to hit something hard enough to leave a mark :blink: ..NET's pullin for ya. Think I'll go watch Ole Betsy take on them boys from Alcoa..a little shorter drive ;)

Sullivan South Here is the low down on Columbia; Sorry Bucks all is fair in Love and War:

Columbia backs can be stopped. Anderson County did it at certain time for a loss. What they like is for you to load up the line then they sneak a pass across the field. Sullivan South defense is sound so you will not have to do that. Your coach has all the film he needs. He knows what to look for. One thing about it is there QB does have an arm; keep that in mind it may be one of the best in the state so do not let them fool you. The key to the whole game is do not give him all day. He does not run very well. If you put the least bit of rush on him then he is in trouble. Anderson County was very quick but did not stack the beef so the quarterback had all day. Like I said if he is rushed this is the difference in the game. The running back do well in the open field and braking tackles but they are not speedsters for the most part. And last but not least and after the fight Anderson County has put up you should not have to worry about the officials as they know to be good this time. 3rd time is the charm. But just be weary if they give you a good call because they will take 3 back that really count. That is the way they work.

Good Luck Sullivan South