Liberty Tech vs. Giles County - Semifinals

ftball1956

Agreed. You watch. I can see Batman now, with his MOB, running across the crosswalk whipping the fans into a frenzy. LTM fans will be asking. Who is that masked man?????

Poor old ftball1956. Started this thread without knowing such a goofy bunch of people managed to exist in one geographical area. I bet he's over on the bad mitten forum seeking stress releif :blink:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things from last friday that were Great!

1. Perfection in the PAT plays!

2. The Bobcat growl was awesome, really sets a tone, its different from anything you hear anywhere else.

they put in byrd instead of valdiviezo. hopefully he will stay consistent. neither one has been very consistent this year.

Agreed. You watch. I can see Batman now, with his MOB, running across the crosswalk whipping the fans into a frenzy. LTM fans will be asking. Who is that masked man?????

Poor old ftball1956. Started this thread without knowing such a goofy bunch of people managed to exist in one geographical area. I bet he's over on the bad mitten forum seeking stress releif :o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, poor old ftball 1956 is right here just enjoying the posts of some really die hard Giles County fans... :o Love the hometown support you show! As I have said before, we look forward to entering Giles County on Friday and playing a very good Giles County High School football team. LTM fans will be ready to enjoy your new stadium and the great crowd it seems that you will have as well as we will bring. ;)

Here's to a great game between two great teams and wishing both sides a great game & all to stay healthy!

GO CRUSADERS...Moving on Up! :blink:

Neely...Smokey Vol is that you?!?!? Is this 02/03? Is this a basketball thread about T Smith? !?!

Funny all this arguing about BO amongst people claiming to be Bobcat fans. Back in the day the only arguing about Tyler were with people outside of Giles Co. Wish I had a way to get in touch with GOMAB or Gonads or what ever he called himself...always talking about how the Delks would go so much farther than Tyler.

Neely...forget the cape, it's time for you to paint your chest. Those boys started out BOBCATS when it was warm....got cold so they only had enough for GCHS. I think they will supply the paint for you!!

Hey I know you guys will probably be in town for turkey day. These cats have gone farther than any other cat ever in football. You guys rocked during the Tyler years. You would make a difference if you got together and set an example for the 12th cat. Think about it. :lol:

I'll see if I can assemble a quick meeting of the minds. I've been quietly enjoying the games from the fence/bleachers and they haven't lost yet. Definitely don't want to jinx anything.

When I first heard the "growl" I thought it was my stomach and apologized to the couple sitting next to me! :o It is pretty slick :o

Okay, I feel a little embarrassed right now :lol: . Me and people sitting around me thought that Lexington was playing those! A lady sitting next to me said they must have brought their own sound system to have played those. Thought they were tiger growls-never heard a Bobcat sound like that. We used to have one behind our house, come to think of it got a pretty good sized one living in the house now and he gets a little loud sometimes :o . Will they play the growls again this week?

The more I look at the stats for Liberty the more I think the strategy for GC will be the same as usual. Make them pass the ball to keep up. They appear to have a great running game, one they depend on and very good at. Like all 3 of the previous playoff games if we can get a little point seperation and force them into a passing game, our offense can take over the game. Easier said than done of course but it seems that all the previous playoff games have been a primer for this one. All have been run orientied teams with an occasional pass mixed in, Liberty was 2 for 4 vs Crockett...that won't get it done this week. Its gonna be interesting to see what OC does to stuff the run, We've seen exceptional speed before and stopped it(DL last year). If we can stop....or even limit the run, we win this game.

As has been stated before on here our balanced offense is our greatest asset, The balance itself doesn't make it great. What makes it great is the high quality of the passing game and running game, Houston gets no where near the credit he deserves and has earned.

Friday won't get here soon enough!

The more I look at the stats for Liberty the more I think the strategy for GC will be the same as usual. Make them pass the ball to keep up. They appear to have a great running game, one they depend on and very good at. Like all 3 of the previous playoff games if we can get a little point seperation and force them into a passing game, our offense can take over the game. Easier said than done of course but it seems that all the previous playoff games have been a primer for this one. All have been run orientied teams with an occasional pass mixed in, Liberty was 2 for 4 vs Crockett...that won't get it done this week. Its gonna be interesting to see what OC does to stuff the run, We've seen exceptional speed before and stopped it(DL last year). If we can stop....or even limit the run, we win this game.

As has been stated before on here our balanced offense is our greatest asset, The balance itself doesn't make it great. What makes it great is the high quality of the passing game and running game, Houston gets no where near the credit he deserves and has earned.

Friday won't get here soon enough!

Good post. If we can get ahead on anyone we should win. No one can keep up with our offense. The only thing that I think will threaten us is a team with a close to equally good pass game or if our offense isn't clicking for some reason(which I don't see happening).

Very true about Houston...I've been saying that all year. He is very underrated.

When I first heard the "growl" I thought it was my stomach and apologized to the couple sitting next to me! :roflol: It is pretty slick :roflol:

Okay, I feel a little embarrassed right now :lol: . Me and people sitting around me thought that Lexington was playing those! A lady sitting next to me said they must have brought their own sound system to have played those. Thought they were tiger growls-never heard a Bobcat sound like that. We used to have one behind our house, come to think of it got a pretty good sized one living in the house now and he gets a little loud sometimes :lol: . Will they play the growls again this week?

Hahaha That's funny. I hope they do it again this week. I've never heard a Bobcat make those noises either, they sounded like Tigers to me but dadx5 says they weren't.