Liberty Tech vs. Giles County - Semifinals

ftball1956

Way to go Liberty Tech Crusaders tonight!! You played with all heart & soul - what a great game! :|

Next ... Giles County - keep up the great work and ALL your Liberty Tech fans will be there cheering you on next Friday Night!

Giles county info??? I know they have a great QB in Bo Wallace as I've heard...

GO CRUSADERS! :|

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense wins championships!!!!!!!!! The only way Giles loses this is if becomes a high scoring game. Obviously defense is not as big of factor in west Tn. I am sure they can all score....but a Good defensive effort wins this one for GC.

This will be a good game...let's see now....let me think......I am going to go with........yes.. I believe it will be Giles County.

We hear a lot about the Crowder kid.............but what I hear about is a bunch of different GC players....AND a QB who is a cut above the others.

Still think GC is better prepared for this run than west Tn. I sure was hoping for a Crockett matchup but as usual...their soft schedule failed them at playoff time.

I see where the Lexington fans are going with Liberty....and that's ok but GC beat Lex worse than Liberty did.

My 2500th post and I sure hope it dead right!!!!!!!

Giles Co last night showed once again they are a total team. Strong line play on both sides (against a monsterous backfield), The run game was strong for the cats, the pass game was there and against a defense that thought they could manup and out muscle us found out they couldn't.

Lexington, like others discovered how not to defend the long ball. Single up 14 with your best db and you get toasted, double him and 4 others are wide open and run lanes are everywhere for 33 and 12.

The defense..what can I say, except for that mystery 15 yard penalty, the game would have been a 36 - 3 game. The boys were flying around everywhere, like so many times this year you took the other team out of their game and it was game over.

No doubt Liberty will bring their A game but they will quickly discover the Brickyard is our house and the Cats aren't friendly to strangers.

I am pulling for Giles. it is unfortunate they have to play a magnet school with all their unfair advantages in how they get their athletes. Just curious where is the RB really zoned to go? I heard Jackson South Side.

You heard wrong .........

It will be reallly good football on Friday night. Two great teams playing in this semi-final round, no doubt. Liberty takes nothing away from a very good Giles County team and wishes both sides a great game! When it comes down to this time of high school football, all teams are to be respected for their accomplishments and hard work put in all season. :thumb:

Libety fans will talk no smack about their opponents as they are a team full of respect for the game and those they play. ;) We do congratulate a very good Lexington team for their accomplishments this year and being a great opponent for us this year ... the same to Crockett! Both should be very proud of their 2009 season.

GO CRUSADERS ... Movin on Up! ;)

Giles Co last night showed once again they are a total team. Strong line play on both sides (against a monsterous backfield), The run game was strong for the cats, the pass game was there and against a defense that thought they could manup and out muscle us found out they couldn't.

Lexington, like others discovered how not to defend the long ball. Single up 14 with your best db and you get toasted, double him and 4 others are wide open and run lanes are everywhere for 33 and 12.

The defense..what can I say, except for that mystery 15 yard penalty, the game would have been a 36 - 3 game. The boys were flying around everywhere, like so many times this year you took the other team out of their game and it was game over.

No doubt Liberty will bring their A game but they will quickly discover the Brickyard is our house and the Cats aren't friendly to strangers.

The pass game didn't look as good as usual last night for us. I noticed that everything changed when there was good defensive line pressure. Bo looked almost rattled on a few plays. I imagine that play he got lucky on, when he just threw it up, didn't look to good with recruiters. There were a few plays when they even had all of our recievers covered. But you can't cover everyone all the time as we know, and Bailey made some big plays.

Someone tell me! What was that 15 yard penalty for? This should be a great ballgame. Defense Wins Championships ! Oh, and we need more cowbell!

I'm not sure what the penalty was on, I think someone was probably talking a little too much smack on the field.

I remember when yall made those shirts with that on them. :thumb: I liked them.