Can anyone shed some light about Beech ?

highschoolking

highschoolking, are you a mitchell coach? It almost seems like you couldn't get a hold of any film, so you came to coacht to get information about beech...

No I'm not a coach. I have seen Mitchell play several of games, but I didn't know anything about Beech ? I want to see how Mitchell stacks up against Beech formations and vice versa.

formations don't matter - what matters is the bucs will stuff it down your throat if you don't stop them and if you do they will throw it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say unstoppable, but I heard they had over 500 yards of offense last friday, against a good gallatin team. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Beech wear them down with long sustained drives. I mean, it's pretty demoralizing to know what's coming and not be able to stop it.

I'm not doubting the size of Mitchell, I know they're big. I just agree with the previous post that they best competition is yet to come. I am certain that Mitchell is very athletic, but I still believe that the constant grind they will see on friday will wear them down.

Undoubtedly some Beech fans have read the claims of Highschoolking and have taken offense. I don't blame you guys because I would take offense as well. We are talking semi-fianls here. There aren't any weak teams at this stage in any part of the state.

That being said ... Mitchell has faced some stiff competition by virtue of the district that they play in. District 16 had four representatives in the quarterfinals this year. The top two 6A teams and the top two 5A teams that faced each other in the quarterfinals are all District 16 teams. Mitchell comes from one of the toughest districts in the state. The SEC of the WEST ... in high TN high school football. Will Beech be the toughest team that Mitchell will have faced all year? Maybe ... maybe not. If Beech is the best team that Mitchell will face ... the margin of difference from the teams that made it to the quarterfinals from District 16 and Beach is probably miniscule ... if any. Is Beech a quality team ... you better believe it. You don't make it to the semi-finals otherwise. I feel confident in saying this ... this is going to be a high scoring game. I believe that Beech will present an offense that Mitchell will find challenging. The same will be said for Beech. From what I am reading ... Beech is a grinding team that prides itself on sustaining drives. Mitchell on the otherhand overwhelms with disciplined talent. Beech will have it's hands full trying to overcome the mismathes that Mitchell will exploit. Mitchell hasn't seen the determined drive that Beech will present. Beech hasn't seen the abundance of talent and speed that Mitchell will present.

One thing is certain ... the game will be worth the price of admission and then some!

Beware of Beech I have been looking at a certain player so i have seen alot of game film on them...You look at them and you come away with the question how are they winning ? they are sound ball players doing the simple fundementals tackling, blocking etc and they dont put the ball on the floor.

HOWEVER saying that BEECH did have the pleasure from playing in a district that was average at best ,the teams they played wwere a combined 48-51...playoff opponets records were 18-12 so .......

again looking at game film, it ws week 1 but smyrna shut them down on offense due to thier size and speed...

memphis teams overated

Beech takes this 40-31

Beech has an incredible run game. They have a great offensive line led by senior offensive tackle Jamie Howell. He is about 6 foot 3 and 350 lbs. I have not seen anybody stop him all year. He is one of the best i have seen in a while. He is a great leader. Sites and Haymer are also incredible. Zinchini blows my mind as well. This is a great Beech football team that is determined to go to cookeville but is not looking over this week

How do you make all these contrast's to Beech's credibility and then predict them to Beat Mitchell? Are both teams overrated then since their Beech's district was average and Mitchell is from Memphis? Do you even know anything about Mitchell? I don't think any team in 5A wants to be in a shootout with Mitchell.

There aren't many overrated teams in Memphis this year besides the usual teams Gtown and Olive Branch. Millington as well this year, but Mitchell is not one of them.

Beech has an incredible run game. They have a great offensive line led by senior offensive tackle Jamie Howell. He is about 6 foot 3 and 350 lbs. I have not seen anybody stop him all year. He is one of the best i have seen in a while. He is a great leader. Sites and Haymer are also incredible. Zinchini blows my mind as well. This is a great Beech football team that is determined to go to cookeville but is not looking over this week

IHOP are you talking football or are you in loe with the above mentioned?

How do you make all these contrast's to Beech's credibility and then predict them to Beat Mitchell? Are both teams overrated then since their Beech's district was average and Mitchell is from Memphis? Do you even know anything about Mitchell? I don't think any team in 5A wants to be in a shootout with Mitchell.

There aren't many overrated teams in Memphis this year besides the usual teams Gtown and Olive Branch. Millington as well this year, but Mitchell is not one of them.

uhmmm you forgot to mention Arlington a # 1 seed beaten by INDY in first round

Arlington was still a good team, but got shafted by the playoff system. If anything Cordova should've been shipped off, but thats for another day. Now what do you know about Mitchell to say they're overrated? Anything about Their best offensive weapon? What about Their QB? I don't think you know much since you're predicting a shootout!