Top Freshmen in the State...........

gomab2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micah Williams at Coffee County is a stud freshmen. Last year was MVP for team USA in 14-under tournament in Switzerland. Only problem is that he has been ruled ineligible b/c he transferred from city schools to county schools but he actually lives in the county which confuses me. He was paying tuition to go to the city. TSSAA sets a double standard.

Posted by Blue21SallyAt7:

Dustin Lindsey-Alcoa, also a beast on the football field.

I agree lindsey is a specimen. but i dont know about best freshman basketball player in the state. he is finding out that he is not in middle school anymore where he was bigger than everyone and can have his way. don't get me wrong he is still outstanding. but as far as an overall athlete ronald osborne (another freshman at alcoa) might be the best one. he is also on the football and basketball team.

Posted by Rukidnme:

Micah Williams at Coffee County is a stud freshmen. Last year was MVP for team USA in 14-under tournament in Switzerland. Only problem is that he has been ruled ineligible b/c he transferred from city schools to county schools but he actually lives in the county which confuses me. He was paying tuition to go to the city. TSSAA sets a double standard.

so he can't play this season? :confused:

This kid that plays for Smyrna named Chris Baynham is tall and agrresive. In middle school he wasn't all that great, but over the summer, he has improved. He's gotten stronger, faster, is a better rebounder,a better shot blocker ,smarter, and can jump higher. Also, Oakland's freshman team has two twin towers in Keith Ramsey and Rod Alexander. Both of them can jump and block shots very well. Oakland's Darius Roper is a well rounded player. He can jump, play great defense, and he is an excellent three point shooter. Riverdale has a point guard by the name of Gaston Miller. If you have seen this kid play football, get ready. He can drive, dribble and jump, but he is not that great of a shooter. Put a hand in his face and I guaruntee he will miss. This will be an exciting freshman b-ball season.

• 3 months later...

LaVergne has got six good freshmen on their team. Many would see some varsity minutes consistently on other teams.

Topping the list would be Marrio Hunter who will really be a nice player the next few years. They also have a 6'8" kid by the name of Nathaniel Greene. He needs to get much stronger but does many good things already for a 14-15 year old.

Expect good things from these players and others in their program the next few years.

If you havent seen Gaston Miller play you are missing Xcitement. Unfortunately you won't see him play BBall on the freshman team because he is a fulltime varsity player for Riverdale. but if he were to play freshman there wouldn't be a team that could contain him. He would average 20+ points and 10+ assists. in the Eighth Grade he was clocked at a 4.5 flat in the 40 and although he is only 5'5" he can catch alley oops. this kid is exciting with a capitol X. If you havent seen him check him out.