Who will make it to state this year in 1A?

dmoney1nc

Better not forget about my MARION COUNTY WARRIORS. They have been in the AA State Tournament the last several years and now they have dropped to A. Lookout Valley must now beat them to win the district. The other teams in this district are a joke. MARION and Lookout Valley are the only two teams in this district with good players and good coaching. MARION COUNTY will be a force to reckon with in 2010.

Marion and LV are definetly the teams to beat. Recent state tourneys for both make both automatic favorites. Both teams lost huge senior leadership and pitching. Don't sleep on Signal Mountain and South Pittsburg. Signal Mountain played in Region as a 1st year program last year and returns their entire team. SM swing the bats well, pitching is their question mark. South Pittsburg finished second to LV in regular season, 20 win season while starting 5 freshmen and a sophomore. SP top 12 players(no seniors) all had significant roles last season. SP strength should be thier pitching. 6A may be the toughest single A district in the state. Top 2 teams from this district have a great chance at making a deep run in postseason.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the boys on the mountain will fair pretty well (monterey) they usually meet up with friendship in the region championship and have made it to sub state the past three years. They put out LV last year in the sub state and the pitcher that came and closed that game to win is still there. Monterey might not be as strong as they were last year but you can never count them out they play with a whole lot of heart.

I strongly believe that whoever wins District 12A will have a pretty good shot to advancing to the state tournament. This district included Summertown, Wayne Co., Lorreto, and Perry Co. All four teams will be good next couple of years. Good luck all! :thumb:

I agree with you on this. S'town is still fairly young with a lot of Juniors and a couple of good sophs. WC will be better than they were last year and PC is coming along. Loretto will change things in our district because they have been AA for a while and now dropped back to A. They have several good players over there and will push to be #1 in our district.

Yes i wouldnt be surprised if Lorreto doesnt finish number one in this district..Also ppl have been counting out the reining state champions (Summertown), just bc they lost Gobble and some more senior studs. WC and PC are coming along and will surprise people..Dont be surprised if District 12A doesnt produce another state champ

Greenfield should have a very good team for the next 3 years with the boys they have on the team. The Jackets fans are very excited about this years team, even though we only have 2 seniors, and both of them are hurt, and one of them may not be able to play this year. Our young boys are very good baseball players, and we have a really good coaching staff.

Huntingdon and Union City are always good. Halls has been tough in the past, although they lost a lot off of last years team. Dresden should be pretty good, as well. Decatur Co. Riverside should be a favorite to make it to the state playoffs with their pitching.

Greenfield should have a very good team for the next 3 years with the boys they have on the team. The Jackets fans are very excited about this years team, even though we only have 2 seniors, and both of them are hurt, and one of them may not be able to play this year. Our young boys are very good baseball players, and we have a really good coaching staff.

Huntingdon and Union City are always good. Halls has been tough in the past, although they lost a lot off of last years team. Dresden should be pretty good, as well. Decatur Co. Riverside should be a favorite to make it to the state playoffs with their pitching.

Riverside dont just have great pitching...THEY KILL THE BALL HITTING..Thats why they were RunnersUp last season..Their coach is very vocal and gets his players pumped!

How can you say that Riverside doesnt have good pitching when they have that kid...a sophomore I think....who can throw it 90 miles an hour??? I cant remember his name right now, but I believe his older brother plays college ball right now.

Stephen Gant and Ryne Fisher are both talented RHP's for Riverside. I bet you are talking about Gant.

Everyone is overlooking Adamsville. They have a top 3 defensive team, more pitching than I have seen in a while and a group of players that seem to mesh. If the bats stay hot, they are going to be TOUGH.

Summertown and Riverside are on the schedule early. We will know more after that.

How can you say that Riverside doesnt have good pitching when they have that kid...a sophomore I think....who can throw it 90 miles an hour??? I cant remember his name right now, but I believe his older brother plays college ball right now.

I think he said that they have great pitching and not only do they have great pitching they also have great hitting as well.

the sophomore stud is Stephen Gant and I believe he is the real deal. He was a key part in Riverside's run to the state title game last year and this year he is the main ace. His brother is Clayton who is currently at UT-Knoxville playing baseball. He was a 08 graduate of USJ where he was very successful as well.

Riverside is poised to do very well again this year. They are well coached and have a solid core of players they only have 1 senior this year which tells you alot. Look for Riverside to go deep into the playoffs again this year