Who will make it to state this year in 1A?

dmoney1nc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are some of the teams that were contenders for state last doing so far this year?

Riverside is 8-2 and I believe averaging around 9 runs a game. Stephen Gant is the ace of that staff this year after the graduation of Logan Hays who is now throwing for the Bethel Wildcats.

I saw riverside play Perry County, Lewis County this year and they are not as consistent as last year.

The games i saw only 2-3 players hit and they wasn't facing real good pitching. I don't know if they will take both games from Scotts Hill.

Well i did say they had some pitching but could kill the offensively. And the Gant kid is a good pitcher but he does not throw 90 miles. The mid 80s is a whole other league than the 90s...Riverside will more than likely go big again this year but lets hope their heads dont get to big from last season.. And Scotts Hill will be tough but I believe they got beat in a scrimmage by a very young PC.

scotts hill did loose to PC but they also were missing 5 starters due to basketball

scotts hill is coming together, they took 2 from TCA, they have a good coach ,

and they are playing consistent baseball. Their centerfielder is as complete ballplayer,they have

some Lexington tranfers. Their test will be Riverside , I don"t think they will beat gant but if they

split with Riverside they could and probably will take 15A.

looks like nashville christian isnt as good as everyone thought. clarksville academy should be a real contender for state this year

Clarsville has lost 3 in a row up to tuesday night, but i havent seen tuesday's scores yet. If you are talking about Clarksville beating NCS, yes clarksville hit in double digits both nights but then lost to Franklin Classical, who NCS beat by 8... probably against better pitching... Sycamore, and East Robertson on Monday. Clarksville started off pretty hot but we all know that teams arent known for how they start.

Can someone fill me in on how many teams reach the state? Is it the top 2 from each district, 2 from the region and so on?

2 teams from each district advance to Region play

Monday - region play is must win.

Wednesday - winner host sectional - loser travels

Friday - sectional winners advance to state

8 teams make it to state total

Only 2 possible from each district or each region.

Hope that helps.

Here is an example of last years Region Play.

District 12A Champ Mt. Pleasant vs District 11A Runner-up Columbia Academy

District 11A Champ Richland vs District 12A Runner-up Summertown

Region Championship

Summertown vs Columbia Academy

Sectional

Summertown vs Clarksville Academy at Summertown

Cascade vs Columbia Academy at Cascade

Summertown and Cascade reach state tournament.

Where does Landon Hehe play on this team? I do know he is a very good baseball player. I remember him from when he played at lexington

He was playing center the last time I saw SH play and he is a good all around player, its a shame

he doesn't pitch. He has a great arm and good baseball head. He is a lefty which is always tuff

to hit.

Can someone fill me in on how many teams reach the state? Is it the top 2 from each district, 2 from the region and so on?

2 teams from each district advance to Region play

Monday - region play is must win.

Wednesday - winner host sectional - loser travels

Friday - sectional winners advance to state

8 teams make it to state total

Only 2 possible from each district or each region.

Hope that helps.

Here is an example of last years Region Play.

District 12A Champ Mt. Pleasant vs District 11A Runner-up Columbia Academy

District 11A Champ Richland vs District 12A Runner-up Summertown

Region Championship

Summertown vs Columbia Academy

Sectional

Summertown vs Clarksville Academy at Summertown

Cascade vs Columbia Academy at Cascade

Summertown and Cascade reach state tournament.

Gotcha. Thanks. I figured it to be something like that but I wasn't sure. I know the TSSAA has changed a lot the last few years and I was not sure about baseball.

Where does Landon Hehe play on this team? I do know he is a very good baseball player. I remember him from when he played at lexington

He was playing center the last time I saw SH play and he is a good all around player, its a shame

he doesn't pitch. He has a great arm and good baseball head. He is a lefty which is always tuff

to hit.

Yea kid is a true athlete