Big Games in Memphis ... Week 14 (Championship and Semis)

kwc

--------------------------

What is the deal with everyone pointing at Arlington's schedule? Come on man, they have been playing varsity football for 3 years! Do you think anyone public school would be scheduling White Station, MUS, CBHS, Whitehaven types in the first 3 years of varsity? Are district has been tough over the last few years. I would assume in the future they will schedule some more challenging out of district opponents.

But keep in mind, in the last 4 years they have sheduled: Ensworth, Germantown, and Collierville as out of district games. All of these are very good programs.

Congrats to White Station!!! Bring it home guys!!!

I typed that because after Arlington lost in the first round of the playoffs, Bmack wrote at length about the weakness of west Tennessee football, implying that it was the root cause of Arlingtons early playoff exit.

I actually like Arlington and hope more teams in the Shelby metro area mimic their adoption of the spread offense.

I wasn't saying that was the reason for Arlington's early exit. I was just stating a fact. I have been saying that for at least 12 years. White Station beating Brentwood doesn't prove anything except that they were the better team that night. IF White Station beats Maryville, then I'll be convinced that at least one team from here is making strides to catch up with the rest of Tennessee. That said, I'll be shocked if White Station is within 40 points of Maryville when the clock his 0:00 Saturday night. It took everything White Station had to beat Brentwood the other night. If Brentwood would have won, it would have taken everything they had. Maryville trounced a very, very good Riverdale team. I was watching the game with several other coaches, and we all agreed that it didn't matter who won the White Station/Brentwood game, if they struggled with each other, neither one of them would stand a chance against Maryville.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't saying that was the reason for Arlington's early exit. I was just stating a fact. I have been saying that for at least 12 years. White Station beating Brentwood doesn't prove anything except that they were the better team that night. IF White Station beats Maryville, then I'll be convinced that at least one team from here is making strides to catch up with the rest of Tennessee. That said, I'll be shocked if White Station is within 40 points of Maryville when the clock his 0:00 Saturday night. It took everything White Station had to beat Brentwood the other night. If Brentwood would have won, it would have taken everything they had. Maryville trounced a very, very good Riverdale team. I was watching the game with several other coaches, and we all agreed that it didn't matter who won the White Station/Brentwood game, if they struggled with each other, neither one of them would stand a chance against Maryville.

1994 Finals - Riverdale 14, Germantown 10

1996 Semi Finals - Brentwood Ady 17, Germantown 6

1998 Semi Finals - Hendersonville 21, Houston 14

1999 Semi Finals - Glencliff 39, Bartlett 7

2000 Semi Finals - Riverdale 12, Cordova 7

2001 Semi Finals - Hendersonville 17, Houston 6

2002 Semi Finals - Brentwood 24, Germantown 14

2003 Finals - Germantown 10 Riverdale 7

2004 Semi Finals - Franklin 31 Germantown 10 (I was at this game, gtown was winning at the half) :thumb:

2005 Semi Finals - Ravenwood 28 Ridgeway 10

2006 Semi Finals - Ravenwood 35 White Station 28

2007 Semi Finals - Independence 28 Millington 27

2008 Semi Finals - Franklin 35 White Station 18

2009 Finals ?

I would say the gulf in class is not as wide as you presume.

1994 Finals - Riverdale 14, Germantown 10

1996 Semi Finals - Brentwood Ady 17, Germantown 6

1998 Semi Finals - Hendersonville 21, Houston 14

1999 Semi Finals - Glencliff 39, Bartlett 7

2000 Semi Finals - Riverdale 12, Cordova 7

2001 Semi Finals - Hendersonville 17, Houston 6

2002 Semi Finals - Brentwood 24, Germantown 14

2003 Finals - Germantown 10 Riverdale 7

2004 Semi Finals - Franklin 31 Germantown 10 (I was at this game, gtown was winning at the half) :lol:

2005 Semi Finals - Ravenwood 28 Ridgeway 10

2006 Semi Finals - Ravenwood 35 White Station 28

2007 Semi Finals - Independence 28 Millington 27

2008 Semi Finals - Franklin 35 White Station 18

2009 Finals ?

I would say the gulf in class is not as wide as you presume.

Are you kidding me? You are trying to argue your point with that? Throw in White Station's win over Brentwood and Shelby County teams are 2-12. Thanks for proving my point. :D

Are you kidding me? You are trying to argue your point with that? Throw is White Station's win over Brentwood and Shelby County teams are 2-12. Thanks for proving my point. :?:

The NFC once won 13 straight Super Bowls.

If you look at the scores you'll see the majority are within two touchdowns...which is to say that west Tennessee is capable of competing.

If you look at the scores you'll see the majority are within two touchdowns...which is to say that west Tennessee is capable of competing.

I'm not so sure you can just look at scores and use that as a basis for "competing." Often times, scores can show that a game was closer than the final score indicates, or the final score can be deceiving. A difference of 2 touchdowns isn't really competing. It seems to me that a "competitive" game should be within one score. Take the first half of the Green Bay/Detroit game on Thanksgiving Day. The scoreboard showed 13-7. When I got up and saw that score, I thought "Hey.....Detroit is actually competing." But it wasn't near that close. Green Bay was manhandling Detroit and the Lions got their score due to a turnover deep in Green Bay territory. Other than that, Detroit was stagnant the entire game.

I'm not so sure you can just look at scores and use that as a basis for "competing." Often times, scores can show that a game was closer than the final score indicates, or the final score can be deceiving. A difference of 2 touchdowns isn't really competing. It seems to me that a "competitive" game should be within one score. Take the first half of the Green Bay/Detroit game on Thanksgiving Day. The scoreboard showed 13-7. When I got up and saw that score, I thought "Hey.....Detroit is actually competing." But it wasn't near that close. Green Bay was manhandling Detroit and the Lions got their score due to a turnover deep in Green Bay territory. Other than that, Detroit was stagnant the entire game.

Thank you!

?

?

OK, like I said, I'm convinced that one team from here is making strides to catch up with the rest of Tennessee. I lost all hope and faith in the game of football this weekend.

?

OK, like I said, I'm convinced that one team from here is making strides to catch up with the rest of Tennessee. I lost all hope and faith in the game of football this weekend.

Yet several Memphis area teams(Ridgeway,Melrose,Whitehaven) gave White Station a better game than Maryville.

That said, I'll be shocked if White Station is within 40 points of Maryville when the clock his 0:00 Saturday night.

You must have been positively electrocuted.