Sweetwater Rolls 48 - 20 over wartburg

Swildcat1967

Sweetwater rolled on Homecoming 2002. Was never close, wartburgs last drive was 52 yards, with 45 yards coming on penaltys, 2 of which were very bad calls, and the 3rd in a row came because coach was telling the refs what he thought! It was worth it after the bad calls. Oh well, sometimes that happens. TJ Brock went out in the first quarter, with a foot injury, I would like to ask for everyone's prayers, we hope that it wasn't serious, he was going to get xray's tonight. Our prayers are with him!

Posted by Swildcat1967:

Sweetwater rolled on Homecoming 2002. Was never close, wartburgs last drive was 52 yards, with 45 yards coming on penaltys, 2 of which were very bad calls, and the 3rd in a row came because coach was telling the refs what he thought! It was worth it after the bad calls. Oh well, sometimes that happens. TJ Brock went out in the first quarter, with a foot injury, I would like to ask for everyone's prayers, we hope that it wasn't serious, he was going to get xray's tonight. Our prayers are with him!

I hope TJ is alright. It would be a shame to see him get hurt.

Posted by goosevol:

What was the score when TJ went down? I heard after the first quarter that the Bulldogs played pretty well and was wondering how much the loss of Brock will hurt the team.

Not sure of score, I think it was 21-6, after first quarter, maybe 14-6 when TJ got hurt, but not sure. Wartburg did ok, but they were never in it. They had a couple good runs, Sweetwaters defense was chasing wartburg's QB all over the field, but he scrambled, and made some good plays, he's a good QB. As for Brock, he is a great player, and person and we will miss him very much! We would like everyone to pray for him! There won't be much of a drop-off, Sweetwater is loaded at RB, and have 5 backs that would start for most teams. Sweetwater is very deep at RB, and they were already having problems getting enough touches for all there backs! Don't expect much of a change, Sweetwater will still score lots of points! Besides all the RB's, Sweetwater also has one mean offensive line! TJ, we will be with you tuesday, and look forward to seeing you run again! We will pray for you, and hope to see you back for the play-offs! TROCK is the man, and he will be back!

[Edited by Swildcat1967 on 9-22-02 1:30P]

the game could have been closer if wartburg would have came out stronger in the first half.Near the begining of the second half,in one quarter they racked up 14 on them,but if they would have played strong the whole game it would have been a lot closer mabey even won by wartburg.There effort was good thoe.hopefully sweatwater will win on out so that they will have another chance to play them in the play offs.