Welcome to Cookeville

disgustedfan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think this is a terrible location for football. Cookeville is a nice city but nothing will be going to the Boro/Nashville every year. I will drive up early friday to watch Alcoa and then return home that night. If it was Boro I would have been there the entire weekend and I wont be surprised if Im not one of many that return to blount county after the game is over

Well, woopity-spit! Who really cares what you and the rest of Blount County will be doing before or after the game? Do you really think Nashville Metro needs your money?

I still think this is a terrible location for football. Cookeville is a nice city but nothing will be going to the Boro/Nashville every year. I will drive up early friday to watch Alcoa and then return home that night. If it was Boro I would have been there the entire weekend and I wont be surprised if Im not one of many that return to blount county after the game is over

Well, woopity-spit! Who really cares what you and the rest of Blount County will be doing before or after the game? Do you really think Nashville Metro needs your money?

Lionsheart, you're just mad because you won't be spending that Chattanooga money in Cookeville. Red Bank lost, get over it and go watch a basketball game.

Cookeville is terrible location for the state title game. The game should be centrally located every year at the best facility possible. LP Field would be ideal, and Vandy was a great host too. Boro worked as well....T$$AA would play it in Atlanta if they could make more money. That's what its all about. There's no consideration whatsoever given to travel times, convenience, recreation, or the host city. It's all about the $$

Yes that makes a lot of sense-if you are from west tn-Cookeville is one hour longer driving distance than Nashville and Murfreesboro-if your from east tn then it is one hour shorter. So travel times it is one hour longer for some and one hour closer for others.

Convience- it is more convenient for some and less for others.

Recreation- yea people normally play a lot outside in Dec. in Tenn. We have more golf courses than Nashville and Knoxville within 50 miles. I guess Nashville has some go cart tracks that we don't have.

Money- yea Cookeville is loaded with money compared to nashville and Murfreesboro-give me a break. The truth is Nashville didn't want the tourney and Murfreesboro didn't want it bad enough to go the extra mile to get it!

I can't understand how people can be so misinformed about how Cookeville is not centrally located. It is 532 miles from west to east across tennessee. Cookeville is exit 286. It is 3 hours from Johnson City and 3:45 to Memphis. Unlike Murfreesboro it is easy to get to. I think the stadium being full for games will look and feel alot better as far as atmosphere goes than playing in a half to one third full stadium that the games have been played in before.