It is Very Fair for West Tennessee Teams to go to Cookeville

VolunteerCoach

It will be no big deal for MUS as they will probably just take their Leer Jets to Cookeville, but for Union City, Milan, and White Station I think the extra milage is not fair to them. The playoffs should be in the Center of the State just like the State Capitol is. Why not play these games at Vanderbilt?

Vanderbilt does not want them there....plain and simple! There simply is no return on the investment for Vanderbilt...why is that so hard to understand?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be no big deal for MUS as they will probably just take their Leer Jets to Cookeville, but for Union City, Milan, and White Station I think the extra milage is not fair to them. The playoffs should be in the Center of the State just like the State Capitol is. Why not play these games at Vanderbilt?

Vanderbilt does not want them there....plain and simple! There simply is no return on the investment for Vanderbilt...why is that so hard to understand?

I was in Indiana for Thanksgiving and listened to a couple of the title games there as I was driving around. The Indiana body plays their titles games at Lucas Oil Stadium. I thought that was pretty neat. The Colts and the IHSAA (I think) have a very good relationship.

.... then add the fact that most high school stadiums in Tennessee hold more people than "The Dud" at Vanderbilt !!!!!

.... then add the fact that most high school stadiums in Tennessee hold more people than "The Dud" at Vanderbilt !!!!!

name ONE!!!

I was in Indiana for Thanksgiving and listened to a couple of the title games there as I was driving around. The Indiana body plays their titles games at Lucas Oil Stadium. I thought that was pretty neat. The Colts and the IHSAA (I think) have a very good relationship.

True story. A guy I work with is from Indiana and his high school was playing for the title there. That is really cool. But I guess the Colts can afford to do something like that. Still very cool to know they are willing to open up their stadium for high school kids to play on such a big stage. I'd say for someone to ask Bud Adams if he'd do the same with LP Field, but he'd probably just flip em the bird. :wacko: