Cookeville Cavs

LAfan4Life

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to LA on the win tonight. I will say I was dissappointed by the crowd of Cookeville's. Very nice facility, decent product on the floor (Hill and Houston especially) but where were the fanbase. Not that long ago you couldn't have gotten a seat in this game. LA and Cookeville should always be a huge gate night. Been rivals for many years and LA probably had more fans there. A school this size with all the sponsors that are on the gym walls, this gym should be packed. Making it tough on the opposing teams.

Good game tonight vs. LA. Good luck the rest of the year. The one thing that drives me nuts is the Cavs student section being roped off on the visitors side of the gym. Not just a small section, HALF OF THE VISITORS SIDE!. LA brought a good sized crowd and we basically had to sit on top of each other while Cookeville's 50 fans had 15 feet between each other if they wanted. Are you kiddin me? If I have to sit like that again in cookevilles gym, that rope is moving! (Same goes to Baxter, same thing happens there)

Congrats to LA on the win tonight. I will say I was dissappointed by the crowd of Cookeville's. Very nice facility, decent product on the floor (Hill and Houston especially) but where were the fanbase. Not that long ago you couldn't have gotten a seat in this game. LA and Cookeville should always be a huge gate night. Been rivals for many years and LA probably had more fans there. A school this size with all the sponsors that are on the gym walls, this gym should be packed. Making it tough on the opposing teams.

Dont be dissapointed its normal cookeville is a pitiful sports town one of the largest schools in state no fan support or administrative support its sad!!!The neighboring counties white,la,smith all have great crowds and support why is this?The 1st round football crowd against franklin county shocked me it was like an average game wow whats wrong wit you guys and girls in cookeville?

its true, Ensworth game has been postponed. And whats up with the rude announcer at the Cookeville game talking on the mic while we were shooting free throws? We will show them true hospitality when they come to HOGEYE COUNTRY!!!! :roflolk:

That wasn't the worst! When he was reading the TSSAA rules of the game with 1:30 left in the game with LA inbounding the ball and moving toward the basket. Now that was very unprofessional! :unsure:

]

That wasn't the worst! When he was reading the TSSAA rules of the game with 1:30 left in the game with LA inbounding the ball and moving toward the basket. Now that was very unprofessional! :roflolk:

You are riight. that was one of the times that stood out to me, they will get their's, but we have way more class!

a few things,

one... Whenever Tech basketball plays on the same night as a home game, Cookeville attendance is usually a little down. It happens in a college town.

two... Cookeville doesn't play at """hog eye country """ this year I don't believe so good luck trying to show them real hospitality. This must be scheduling issues as there was only 1 game last year at LA

three.. It looked like the PA guy was told to read off the sportsmanship statement. There were some questionable calls being made both ways (which happens, part of the game ) and it was getting a little rowdy.

to say Cookeville doesn't have class is kind of not having class itself isn't it? Congrats on your win and good luck getting back to state