Class A Mr. Football Winners

GCPioneer

Yeah i believe Z.Chubb was after Lear. 87 or so.Jjuan Fennell we are proud of you son.SP's second D-1 commitment in 10yrs! As long as i've coached you and known you.The offense always ran away from you and or tried to double down on you! Coach Tony Dungy eerrr, Tony Chubb will attest to that! You and your efforts will forever be remembered. Now go bring that gold-ball back home!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i believe Z.Chubb was after Lear. 87 or so.Jjuan Fennell we are proud of you son.SP's second D-1 commitment in 10yrs! As long as i've coached you and known you.The offense always ran away from you and or tried to double down on you! Coach Tony Dungy eerrr, Tony Chubb will attest to that! You and your efforts will forever be remembered. Now go bring that gold-ball back home!

Old Pirate says that can't be right bossbro..........Z.Chubb is older than that. OP remembers him and R.Tipton playing as freshmen with a whole cast of fellow freshman that was thought to be special, but most all quit playing after their freshmen year. Can't rightly remember, but it was before them 2 teams brought home them Silver balls with Sisco and Lehr.

Again,Congrats to all the winners and the ones nomonated.

Well Dad burnit, Old Pirate says CONGRATS to Terrell. Figure them voters was a thinking like OP.

Don't rightly know ifin another school has had Back-To-Back Mr. Football winners or not. Least ways none that OP knows.

Did Marco Daily from Mt. Pleasant not get it twice? I don't rightfully know.

Yeah Marco won it twice

Well Dad burnit, Old Pirate says CONGRATS to Terrell. Figure them voters was a thinking like OP.

Don't rightly know ifin another school has had Back-To-Back Mr. Football winners or not. Least ways none that OP knows.

Did Marco Daily from Mt. Pleasant not get it twice? I don't rightfully know.

Yes, his Jr And Sr year. Mt Pleasant had five straight nominees and three straight winners, up to this year. Pretty good for a small town school.

yea mt daily of mt pleasent :wacko:

Marco daily

Perhaps you got me on that 1 OP. You know i've had to do much research being a naturalized Pirate lol.You are right Chubb's about 83',84'. Might as well name them all then.J.Wigfall,Sam Greer,etc.

Actually chubb was 81 and 82... Chris Jones was 83 84 and Randy Kirkpatrick was qb Johnny major's took Zalmer Chubb to knoxville were most everyone in this town knows now.. he outran Willie Gault.. he was just that fast.. Carl lehr was 85 sisco was 86 i do believe.. PS lets dont forget the man that went as far as eddie Moore has and was a beast!!! Bo Haden.... we all know Bo :blink:

Perhaps you got me on that 1 OP. You know i've had to do much research being a naturalized Pirate lol.You are right Chubb's about 83',84'. Might as well name them all then.J.Wigfall,Sam Greer,etc.

Actually chubb was 81 and 82... Chris Jones was 83 84 and Randy Kirkpatrick was qb Johnny major's took Zalmer Chubb to knoxville were most everyone in this town knows now.. he outran Willie Gault.. he was just that fast.. Carl lehr was 85 sisco was 86 i do believe.. PS lets dont forget the man that went as far as eddie Moore has and was a beast!!! Bo Haden.... we all know Bo :blink:

Chubb's last season was 1982, Kirkpatrick's last season was 1983, Jones' was 1984, Sisco's last season was 1985, Lehr's last season was 1986. There some other good ones after that Ferrell and Cummings in 1987, Patrick Pitts in 88 and 89. So in the 80's SP had some very good football players. We also had some very good ones in the 60's and 70's also. More recent 90's and 2000's has had some studs too. SP hasn't really lacked talent in a while when they have had a down year or two it has been because the talent had been young.