Wilson Central Opening

Glade1

The spread is a great offense....just like any others ones out there. I think the thing with the spread is that people think just having it will make you better. If you have the personel, meaning a smart qb and rb, at least 3 receivers...you can do a lot of damage with it. People without the personel but keep running it thinking it will do some good just aren't going to get it done. Defenses have gotten smarter and have figured out ways to play against it...but if they have a great personel it will always be hard to defend.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have better personnel it doesnt matter what offense you run. But the spread takes the perfect personnel unlike other offenses. Well Scott Smith resigned yesterday stating he wanted to be back in middle Tennessee, so why else would you go ahead and resign if you didnt have another job. There arent but two other openings siegel and Ezell. All signs point to Smith.

i tell you what, we are interested to kind of see where smith lands. He had a quarterback this year, kid was only a sophmore, stood about 5"6, but he threw for almost 1,700 yards....we ran some spread but smith kind of changed up the offense to fit his kids....lots of 2 back stuff with play-action....seemed that his biggest problem was the offensive line...just could not run as much as he wanted to....i would say that the hill rushed for 250 yards or more a couple in a couple of games this year. I think our next guy will be more run oriented, i hope coach turner from carson newman......like him or hate him smith made it fun to go to football games...i guess live by the sword or die by one....

I dont know where he lands but i can tell you we have alot of very disappointed kids today in johnson city....kids loved playing for him

good luck in your search

Scott Smith will not be the next coach at Wilson Central. Also, I'm in agreement that Wilson Central does not need a spread coach. Watching them this season, they do not have the talent to run the spread. If they had two players like Sonny Gray and Rod Wilkes, I would say run the spread, but they do not have two athletes like that.

Biggest problem WC has ALWAYS had no matter the offense is NOT enough time spent SERIOUSLY in the weight room by ALL the players and especially the lines. No matter what offense you run the QB either needs holes for those he hands off to or runs thru himself or time to throw a pass if that is the play that is being run. This is not just a problem at WC but at Lebanon and MJ as well. Until someone converts the Super of Wilson County schools to allow the atheletes to LIFT WEIGHTS for their PE period EVERY DAY y'all will be coming in behind the schools that do.

Whatever HC y'all look at you may want to ask them about their strength and conditioning program they plan to run.

What WC pays WILL hamper y'all in the ability to hire and KEEP some coaches.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY runs a better stregnth and conditioning program than Roger Perry. I know from experience. You can't throw MJ into your argument. I am sure all the WilCo coaches would love to lift during PE, but Perry will make sure his guys lift, even if it's at the crack of dawn.

Very True, but I bet he would LOVE for his players to be able to lift during their PE period like Oakland and Riverdale do. MJ may want to haunt the Supers office for funds to KEEP Coach Perry! As there ARE other schools looking at him that DO pay more.