scott smith resigns as topper headcoach

sissygirl

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to say that alot of us players already miss coach smith, he came to all our games and we were sad when we were told that he was leavin. tuesday was our first day of workouts and we had almos 50 players at the fieldhouse....nobody talking about transferring to other schools, we want to be db andn tenn high not go there....lots of upset friends today in the halls so im just saying we didnt have people missing workouts....we had one day of workouts yall can hate on him all you want to...we miss him good luck coach smith wheere ever you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Uhh...I'm not sure what circle you are in young man, but I don't know of ANYONE who plays or has played for Smith that has a positive attitude toward him. Smith is a likable fella, but the feed back I have received has been negative. I've been around since day one.

So another 3 years, another coach gone. Is it the coach, is it the kids, is it the fans, or is it a combination of the three that keeps SH from dominating like they used to?

I can't remember them ever "dominating" and I'm pretty old. What was their best season in say the last 20? How bout it Topper fans? When was the last 9 win season?

So another 3 years, another coach gone. Is it the coach, is it the kids, is it the fans, or is it a combination of the three that keeps SH from dominating like they used to?

I can't remember them ever "dominating" and I'm pretty old. What was their best season in say the last 20? How bout it Topper fans? When was the last 9 win season?

97 they were pretty good, 93-96 maybe. Topper fans input we need ya!

97 they were pretty good, 93-96 maybe. Topper fans input we need ya!

CoachT scheduler only goes back thru 01,FB. Their best season during that time was 03 when they went 8-3,also in 01 a 8-4 record. For the decade they were 52-44, winners but bordering mediocrity.

There is a lot of emphasis put on baseball and basketball in JC. Don't know if that detracts from building a championship football program or not. You would think out of 2100-2200 students there would be plenty of athletes to go around.

Let me throw out another name--Steve McCurry, who led the Greeneville Green Devils to 2 straight conference championships, beat Sullivan South in the quaterfinals last year and hosted Maryville at home in the semi-finals. Word is he still has a house in Greeneville.

Heh....anyone who knows the stories surrounding him will know that as far as him getting along with anyone in charge...haha. Isn't he coaching in Asheville? He was that team that beat Elizabethton this year?

1) For those of you bashing the Johnson City Press, you obviously have higher expectations for that paper than I do. The paper overall is ok but the sports section is a joke. Seriously I get a laugh when I see articles from Tusculum College and I see the dateline is TUSCULUM. Newsflash, the college is Tusculum the town is in fact located in GREENEVILLE. Morons

2) Steve McCurry was at Mooresville, NC this season. They went winless and has already resigned after one year.

3) If you want to win and have a great (and i mean great) man as your head coach, then the choice is Mike Turner. He is a true Christian man in every aspect of the word and the most successful Science Hill run in recent memory was under his guidance. He is one of, if not the reason why Carson Newman football is where they are today (the semifinals of the national playoffs).

1) For those of you bashing the Johnson City Press, you obviously have higher expectations for that paper than I do. The paper overall is ok but the sports section is a joke. Seriously I get a laugh when I see articles from Tusculum College and I see the dateline is TUSCULUM. Newsflash, the college is Tusculum the town is in which it is located is GREENEVILLE. Morons

2) Steve McCurry was at Mooresville, NC this season. They went winless and has already resigned after one year.

3) If you want to win and have a great (and i mean great) man as your head coach, then the choice is Mike Turner. He is a true Christian man in every aspect of the word and the most successful Science Hill run in recent memory was under his guidance. He is one of, if not the reason while Carson Newman football is where they are today (the semifinals of the national playoffs).

No baby the college is actually in Tusculum City Limits....

No Sugar the college is in Greeneville, TN.

Tusculum College

60 Shiloh Road

Greeneville, TN 37745-0596

That is why every paper in the region (Greeneville Sun, KNS, Citizen Tribune....) puts the dateline as GREENEVILLE. Has nothing to do with this topic. it is just a huge pet peave of mine and another example of the JC Press' ignorance.