Smith County football 2010?

owls32

You are telling me that Trousdale County would have lined up and ran the football at a Milan defense that included a defensive lineman like Christian Coleman and 2 linebackers like Jobronski Gilbert & Avery Williamson?

Milan would have scored on Trousdale. They had some big fast backs and were physical up front. They would have scored 3-4 times on Trousdale's defense.

It would have been a 28-0, 28-7, 21-0 type of game in Milan's favor. Don't be such a "homer". Anyone with eyes that saw both teams last year would know that Milan was just a superior team in far too many aspects of the game for Trousdale County to deal be able to keep up with.

Trousdale County is a strong program. Smith County is a strong program. Trousdale County is a smaller school that gets to play in a much weaker classification than does Smith County due to their enrollment. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that but it is the truth. I saw TC last year at the State Championship in Cookeville. I do not believe they would have even been able to compete with Alcoa or Milan, teams I saw the previous day. Smith County lost twice to Alvin C. York Institute last year including a close game in the state quarterfinals. I believe York, Smith County, & Trousdale County were all very comparable teams last fall. Trousdale County won a state title because they played in a much weaker class than did the other 2 schools. Anyone who disputes that fact is simply crazy!

Also snoball5278 it is true that Trousdale County wanted no part of having to play David Lipscomb or Goodpasture back when they moved to 3A in 2001. The Yellow Jackets were set to move to 2A that year with their enrollment but when they found out they were destined for a playoff quadrant that included David Lipscomb & Goodpasture they elected to jump on up to 3A. That was how Trousdale County ended up in the same region, 4-3A, as Portland & Smith County in 2001. Again, anyone who disputes that fact is simply crazy (as well as a liar).

first of all, welcome to coacht and i can see you've really taken a liking to it here in the last few weeks. and i agree that smith should have beaten york in the playoffs last year but, alas... i also know that sc struggled with consistantcy as evident with the westmoreland game and a less than steller showing at gordonsville, but a win is a win is a win. and i also believe neither team (york or sc) would have faired as well with mckenzie or boyd as trousdale did, possibly they could have even struggled with fcs if one were to be terrribly picky, which while disputable is a more than a fair assessment in my humble opinion. so while comparable, trousdale still comes out on top when you take a closer look at thsoe 3 teams from last season.

as far as your second paragraph goes, i never brought up or disputed that old rehashed argument from ten years ago(one that most us of here discussed years ago. well before you joined the conversation), so i tend to wonder your motivations for bringing that into the discussion. anyways, there are several directions to counter that view with including the facts that you're speaking of teams that recruit (which the "fairness of" is greatly disputed amongst many posters and on several boards of this site and i'll decline to further get into the sorbid details and pitfalls of that topic) and the fact that trousdale was entering a drop in previous years talent levels that left us much more suited to competing with public schools that played with home grown kids such as ourselves, not to mention the fact that it alllowed us the opportunity to join a region with teams from 3 surrounding counties. it seems you join the ranks of anti-tc folks being you left out of your statements the facts that in previous years, to the ones in question, that tc was forced to play out of state teams regularly due to the fact that schools with much greater enrollments than us wouldn't accept our offers to play them or the fact that after we did join region 4-3A we were able to end portland's(the truely dominant 3a team in those days) playoff run that year, a feat that teams in that region had failed to do for numerous years prior to tc's arrival. so while there are well formed arguments and opionions that you present to discredit the rep of tc, you not surprisingly leave out other facts that hurt your arguments and opinions.

finally, it's pretty audacious to end a statement on a discussion board with the line that anyone that disagrees with your post is easy "crazy or a liar." you are completely entitled to your opinions and your posts are well formed but, you sir, or not the be all end all to these discussions that have been going on well before you ever logged on. :thumb:

*again, sorry to the smith county posters, i didn't mean to get into this and i won't comment regarding tc again. :roll:

** if scaldeddog disagress with me, then the terrorists win and he hates america! :thumb:

I just find it fitting that your name is "snoball" because TC would have stood "a snowball's chance in.....(finish for yourself)" of beating or even competing with Milan last year.

As far as beating the 2001 Portland Panthers in the TSSAA State Quarterfinals goes I will say ABSOLUTELY that was a great win no question about it. At the same time however I will also say that Goodpasture that year was a team I saw in the state finals against Westview. I also saw the Austin East team that beat Crockett County that year in the state final the very next day. Goodpasture was too dominant defensively and would have worn AE out.

Trousdale County had success at the 3A level in 2001 & 2002 absolutely. They were a 2A team back then enrollment wise though. They did not compete in 2A because they didn't want any part of Goodpasture or David Lipscomb. That is all that I am saying snoball5278. No reason to get your panties in a bunch because I called it like it actually was.

Good Luck with Red Boling Springs & Gordonsville this year. I'm sure you'll be comparing those teams to Alcoa, Goodpasture, David Lipscomb, Milan, etc. in no time :thumb:

You are telling me that Trousdale County would have lined up and ran the football at a Milan defense that included a defensive lineman like Christian Coleman and 2 linebackers like Jobronski Gilbert & Avery Williamson?

Milan would have scored on Trousdale. They had some big fast backs and were physical up front. They would have scored 3-4 times on Trousdale's defense.

It would have been a 28-0, 28-7, 21-0 type of game in Milan's favor. Don't be such a "homer". Anyone with eyes that saw both teams last year would know that Milan was just a superior team in far too many aspects of the game for Trousdale County to deal be able to keep up with.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!! Dead horse okay. You seem to take life a little too serious and see everything from a skew. Actually the original jab about Smith County going to 1A was a joke. You obviuosly cannot sense the humility embedded in the joke because if anything, it sheads the same light on Trousdale since we did move back to 1A. Wasn't trying to cause a fuss. Just seeing who I could rib a little . Guess I figured that out. Don't really appreciate the elementary namecalling either "scranus". I also apologize to any Smith county faithful i may have disrespected in the previous posts. Also, that name "scaldeddog" is so appropriate after snoballs reply to your post. Ouch!!! :popcorneater:

Sniff! Sniff! Its almost here!!! Football time. I love smack talk!!! LOL :popcorneater:

Lets put the gloves on!!! No pun intended :thumb:

77 days 4 hours 10 minutes. :roflolk: I been juiced all year. Good luck throughout yalls season. Is #34 still playin for SC? He's family ya know. :ph34r:

Say your not counting down or anything huh? :)

Well...............it's almost time. Not yet, but almost. Glad to see some are sharpening their sticks early this year, and even jabbing a few folks with them.

Give me a few weeks or 2 to get back in the football mode. SC made a little noise on the baseball field this year, and kept some out of spring practice.....(SC going to STATE in BASEBALL??)

We'll see how they come together after the 1st scrimmage or two. Find a few linemen and a LB or 2..they should be fine.......

Sniff! Sniff! Its almost here!!! Football time. I love smack talk!!! LOL

Lets put the gloves on!!! No pun intended :o

77 days 4 hours 10 minutes. :roflol: I been juiced all year. Good luck throughout yalls season. Is #34 still playin for SC? He's family ya know. :roflol:

Say your not counting down or anything huh? :arrow:

74d 11h 40m :lol:

Sniff! Sniff! Its almost here!!! Football time. I love smack talk!!! LOL :wacko:

Lets put the gloves on!!! No pun intended :wub:

77 days 4 hours 10 minutes. :o I been juiced all year. Good luck throughout yalls season. Is #34 still playin for SC? He's family ya know. :D

Playing fullback and had a good spring. Could play a lot next year.