So. Pitts Pirates in 2010

OLD PIRATE

Merry Christmas SP fans. Even you too Old Pirate. :lol:

A bit late, but I'll second that, and BBS fans as well. Hope you all had a goodun. :lol:

Dad burnit Grunt, Old Pirate is rite touched by reaction wishing us Pirate folkes a Merry Christmas. Leastways this ole cage rattler. recon he has taken offense to a few of OP's posts regarding a few closed door deals. :lol:

Old Pirate hopes everyone had a joyous and Merry Christmas and with the New Year approaching best wishes ther as well. :lol:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess everybody in the Valley will be running the Veer on SP next year. :roflolk: P.C. and U.C. demonstrated that talent and speed doesn't always perform well when it gets smacked in the mouth repeatedly.

Probably so...however not every team will have the big linemen like UC had....

I guess everybody in the Valley will be running the Veer on SP next year. :thumb: P.C. and U.C. demonstrated that talent and speed doesn't always perform well when it gets smacked in the mouth repeatedly.

Old Pirate says you fellers that continue to claim SP don't play smash mouth football need to stay off the juice. Now, the Pirates were against a bigger team that played ball control and was able to pull off a huge win. OP says those teams that intentionly kick out of bounds on kickoffs should be flagged jest like intentionally grounding a pass to avoid disasterous play on them. :lol:

OP says AGAIN.........................the Pirates make simple plays then another GOLD ball would be sitting in the SP trophy case. Yous got to make the simple passes and kicks. Don't believe OP, jest ask the Pirates from EC. Routine plays such as receptions, kicks and tackles will kill you upon a team's failure to get-er done.

Recon the Pirates don't mind the Veer, so this OP says bring it. Jest got to make plays regardless. :thumb:

Merry Christmas SP fans. Even you too Old Pirate. :lol:

A bit late, but I'll second that, and BBS fans as well. Hope you all had a goodun. :lol:

Dad burnit Grunt, Old Pirate is rite touched by reaction wishing us Pirate folkes a Merry Christmas. Leastways this ole cage rattler. recon he has taken offense to a few of OP's posts regarding a few closed door deals. :thumb:

Old Pirate hopes everyone had a joyous and Merry Christmas and with the New Year approaching best wishes ther as well. :lol:

:thumb: OP, Christmas makes folks a bit giddy anyway. Reckon ole Reaction is going mellow on us?

Probably won't last past August though. LOL

I hope all you fine SP folks had a great Holiday Season and wish you all well in 2010. Ive been reading alot of the posts and am pleased to see that most of you have come to terms with The Championship game. I just want to say one thing and be done. Our guys (UC) Prepared themselves mentaly physically and emotionally to play SP in the championship. We knew that once TC moved up to AA the most likely team out of the East would be SP. And we were determined to be the team out of the West. Our boys worked very hard at being more physical than anyone they played. With the exception of a 3 week span in which we were devastated by the flu and injuries we succeeded. The single most motivating factor our coaches used to spur our kids on when they sensed a lull in intensity was to ask them "I wonder how hard SP is working right now?" They would refocus and get after it like they wanted to do more and be more. Now the attitudes that we recieved from around the state the week prior to the Championship were ones of disrespect and utter hopelessness for UC to have a chance of winning that game. Some of you folks did the same. But we knew who we were playing. The Mighty Pirates. You all didnt seem to care who you were playing. Just some team from the west. "they dont play real football over there" "should we introduce them to the half a hundred club?" Your boys and our boys alike heard and read that crap. The problem is you guys believed it and we didnt. Heart my friends. You cant coach it or tame it or compete against it. We knew who you were. Now you know who we are.

I offer some advise to some of the SP posters. dont say such pompus arrogant things about a team you know nothing about. You only pour gas on a ragging inferno. You also give a false sense of accomplishment to your players who read that stuff. Your tradition is rich and full. You will rise to the big game again very soon. Next time dont count your win until the game is played. By the way The run through poster declaring thAt SP was 2009 State Cahmpion is only proof of the predtermined attitudes I was Talking about.

I hope all you fine SP folks had a great Holiday Season and wish you all well in 2010. Ive been reading alot of the posts and am pleased to see that most of you have come to terms with The Championship game. I just want to say one thing and be done. Our guys (UC) Prepared themselves mentaly physically and emotionally to play SP in the championship. We knew that once TC moved up to AA the most likely team out of the East would be SP. And we were determined to be the team out of the West. Our boys worked very hard at being more physical than anyone they played. With the exception of a 3 week span in which we were devastated by the flu and injuries we succeeded. The single most motivating factor our coaches used to spur our kids on when they sensed a lull in intensity was to ask them "I wonder how hard SP is working right now?" They would refocus and get after it like they wanted to do more and be more. Now the attitudes that we recieved from around the state the week prior to the Championship were ones of disrespect and utter hopelessness for UC to have a chance of winning that game. Some of you folks did the same. But we knew who we were playing. The Mighty Pirates. You all didnt seem to care who you were playing. Just some team from the west. "they dont play real football over there" "should we introduce them to the half a hundred club?" Your boys and our boys alike heard and read that crap. The problem is you guys believed it and we didnt. Heart my friends. You cant coach it or tame it or compete against it. We knew who you were. Now you know who we are.

I offer some advise to some of the SP posters. dont say such pompus arrogant things about a team you know nothing about. You only pour gas on a ragging inferno. You also give a false sense of accomplishment to your players who read that stuff. Your tradition is rich and full. You will rise to the big game again very soon. Next time dont count your win until the game is played. By the way The run through poster declaring thAt SP was 2009 State Cahmpion is only proof of the predtermined attitudes I was Talking about.

I thought I would post a comment about this since it was brought back up. I don't post much but guarrantee you when I do it is with thought and it will have some insight. Okay, Congrats UC on the win you beat SP the way SP usually plays. This year we scrapped our regular offense for a more finesse style of play which some of us diehards (not the boasters) didn't like a whole lot. Yes, offensively we were very good in 2009 and really wasn't stopped except the first half of the Polk game but then in the second half they had no answer either. The Boyd game was without #6 and we were still in the game. You guys had the perfect game plan you used your offense to play defense. Whether you admit it or not you couldn't stop SP (we stopped ourselves a couple of times) but we only stopped you guys a handful of times but your style of play kept the ball away from the Pirate offense. Keep away was your best defense and that style of play what some of us older more seasoned SP followers remember when we would do the same to teams in the past. Congrats on the win and one thing you have to remember (because we have been there) enjoy it because now there is a bullseye on your back.

svcfan,

You are correct my friend. We used ball control to win the game. our coaching staff knew we couldnt match your speed and skill positions man for man so we did the next best thing. We kept them out of the game. You guys had a dropped pass in the endzone and a missed feildgoal that would have possibly won the game. Luck has a lot to do with any sucessful team. We know that SP is deep in tradition and you will be back. We believe that after this season that our tradition has begun and we will also be back. I was only pointing out that its counter productive for posters to count out any team that makes it to the Show. Who knows when you will run across a team that was built to beat you and your style. Good Luck in the future . I hope we can make this an annual meeting.

Old Pirate agrees with BS and svcfan, UC was well deserving of the championship. Points OP has made repeatedly has been the Pirate's failure to make simple scoring plays the last 2 years that would have won both final games. Hopefully..... some over the top SP posters have learned a lesson. Hum..... not likely, skillet heads are hard folkes to change. OP has attempted for the last 2 years to discourage too much "BIG TALK" and disrespect. The Pirates have been upset in both to end the year and send the Pirate faithful home with the bitter taste of defeat. Recon it don't gits any better after back-to-back short falls.

Leastways a new year has come and the Pirates have to find new leaders and Git Back To Work In The Weight House..cause theys will be more UCs out there for sure. OP says it maybe best to keep the SP players out of the pop corn prior to playing to prevent becoming butter fingers. :flower:

Old Pirate says you fellers that continue to claim SP don't play smash mouth football need to stay off the juice. Now, the Pirates were against a bigger team that played ball control and was able to pull off a huge win. OP says those teams that intentionly kick out of bounds on kickoffs should be flagged jest like intentionally grounding a pass to avoid disasterous play on them. :thumb:

OP says AGAIN.........................the Pirates make simple plays then another GOLD ball would be sitting in the SP trophy case. Yous got to make the simple passes and kicks. Don't believe OP, jest ask the Pirates from EC. Routine plays such as receptions, kicks and tackles will kill you upon a team's failure to get-er done.

Recon the Pirates don't mind the Veer, so this OP says bring it. Jest got to make plays regardless. :flower:

OP, you got it right in your last statement. "The good teams make plays regardless." UC made them and SP did not. As for speed, SP had the best team speed, but they had no one that could match #27 from UC. (Based on observations from the championship game.) Although I am not from SP or US, I think they would split if they played 10 times. From reading the posts, the UC fans will probably agree and the SP fans will disagree. Just an unbiased observation.