Attendance at state championships

MarkH

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty good I thought, especially considering how it was FREEZING cold. There was not a single game where I looked at the crowd and thought that there were not many fans there. Good showing by all fans this weekend. There were some great games.

yes it was very cold friday night during the columbia beech game i couldn't feel my but after about 20 minutes of sitting on the bleechers

Hate I missed the games this year, but caught at least part of every game on tv. It seemed like a good turn out to me, from what I could tell of the tube. I'm wondering, did Cookeville have an announcer calling the game, like who carried the ball, who made the tackle? We, the tv audience, were subjected to the absolute worst play by play and color analysis of the games! I had even read somewhere that the Tn Tech guy did one or more of the games. All I can say is WOW! What idiots. Someone needs to sit them down, hold there hand, and explain to them that this is high school football with high school rules. I heard, in at least 3 games the color guy go on and on about the "quarterback" being "out of the tackle box" and throwing the ball "past the line of scrimmage" when an intentional grounding was called. There is no "tackle box" as it relates to intentional grounding in high school football. And getting the ball past the line of scrimmage makes no difference. While they are at it, they need to read the high school rule book and learn what a chop block is and isn't, what encroachment is in high school, and need to learn the difference between the official's signal of a block in the back vs the signal for a hold. These guys were pitiful. The T$$AA should make a Public apology and make arrangments to get announcers who know the HIGH SCHOOL game. Who can we even complain to about this trash? I think all the companies who pay to advertise during the state championships should be made aware. For all the $ the T$$AA rakes in, this is how little they really think of us, the fans. Shame on the T$$AA. :roll: