WHO will be the next Coach at INDY ? ? ?

sarahpalin

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is the latest whether Palin or Hogan believe it. I know for a fact that the job was offered to a coach out of Kentucky, and he said no thanks. The other situation I was referring to earlier was I know a local guy was being sought after pretty highly. My source told me that he also turned down the job, but I found out later that this coach actually "took his own name out of the hat" so I apologize for confusing anyone.

Hogan, any chance that Mr. Music City Miracle would get the job by default? I know he probably doesn't want it, but give us another clue to who is left out there. You claim the man will be named by this weekend so leak the info early if you truly are "The Wizard".

Coach Smith starts program in '05 goes 1-9, then follows that up with a 7-4 playoff campaign and he's gone after 2 years.

Coach Eubanks comes in '07 gets a runner up State Championship season, then is down in '08 with a 4-6 record; although 4 of those 6 losses were within 2 TDs.

Then comes back in '09 with 7-5 campaign and 2nd round playoff appearance and he's gone.

Any coach looking at this job better make sure what the expectations are.

Because if a State Championship appearance and a 2nd round playoff appearance in 2 out 3 years isn't good enough, then you had better think twice before accepting it.

Coach Smith starts program in '05 goes 1-9, then follows that up with a 7-4 playoff campaign and he's gone after 2 years.

Coach Eubanks comes in '07 gets a runner up State Championship season, then is down in '08 with a 4-6 record; although 4 of those 6 losses were within 2 TDs.

Then comes back in '09 with 7-5 campaign and 2nd round playoff appearance and he's gone.

Any coach looking at this job better make sure what the expectations are.

Because if a State Championship appearance and a 2nd round playoff appearance in 2 out 3 years isn't good enough, then you had better think twice before accepting it.

I agree with what you are saying but just to clear one thing up. Scott Smith did not take Indy to the playoffs. His final year they did go 7-3 in regular season but lost in tiebreaker rules and settled for a bowl game in which they lost to Overton.

For the players sake I hope the administration does not drag this out much longer. You can not make up time missed in the weight room. This is the time they should be working hard. Not only do they not have a coach(leader) they do not even have a complete weight room. Someone had the bright idea of having the benches reworked in the middle of offseason workout time.

Regardless this topic has been fun and all you have been great(and it appears you have inside sources or you don't)

Anyways the team that went to the fins was Smittys team, he started with them as frosh and left when the were sr. When smith departed to SH he told tennessean he left the program in top shape and the cupboard was full to have a great season (and they did). No offense to coach e but a peewee franklin cowboy coach could have taken them to state.......last year they made the playoffs thanks to the jacked up new playoff format-no region wins except 5A CHS and a poor hillsboro team.Did you catch both franklin games or the ravenwood game ,they were so outcoached. Birdy raptor pal whom has flew to coach the college ranks told me that talent wise IHS was much better then record.

Whomever comes in should be well off next year..good luck

Ok - the point is that a coach needs to be named so that the players have direction through the offseason workouts and into spring practice. What is the REAL hold up? The administration? The pool of applicants? Or the fact that this school is going to split in 2 years when the new school is built?

Just an educated guess, Clayton or Scharsch... My guess is Clayton. :popcorneater:

didn't Clayton turn it down?

Make him a bigger offer, but hurry before Webb signs

Isn't there a standardized rate of pay + supplement based upon level of degree and years of experience?

I'm pretty sure there is and there should be.

If you offer a guy coming to Indy some big offer, wouldn't you have to give that to all the coaches in the County?