WHO will be the next Coach at INDY ? ? ?

sarahpalin

SarahPalin "you mentioned coaching changes-

Ravenwood - Was year one, and lets face it he did lose alot of key players

CHS - Well under Gregory they never even sniffed the playoffs , at least coch M took them to the playoffs 2 years ago and again they were hit hard with graduation last year ie Scales QB

BA what are you talking about no?

Spring Hill - i think in 3 seasons thier old coach ( Army guy ) took them to playoffs once

but look at coaching changes that are good -

Anways BACK TO EUBANKS........ yes he is a good man no debate but again he was not a great coach, a good coach but not a great coach ... lets take a look -

year 1 - inherited a coach Smith team that smitty raised and groomed since the school opened - the team Eubanks inherited was stocked and loaded - a franklin cowboy peewe coach could have guided them to state runner-up

year 2 - hit by loss of many key players Baugh,Pettigrew,Consiglio etc - the team still was talented and even Eubanks in a preseaon paper stated they should make a run at the region title-the offense was a complete joke and you had to feel bad for Heckman

year 3 - made the playoffs but only by default and the new TSSA playoff system - in region the lost to FHS, BHS,Ravenwood - beat CHS and Boro ( both 5A teams and very poor teams)

I wish the best for coach E but a change was needed to take IHS to the next level and by watching coach E he was not that coach - Now present time, did they think they could get webb (we might have to ask hogan on that ) but my 2 cents is that they did - would it be nice to have a coach now? sure but IHS is making sure they get the coach they want, they shouldnt rush it just to fill the void- tell you what if i was a coach i would be a lil worried that the school is going to be split in a few years due to the new school being built in SOWILL CO."

Palin, there are times where your posts make some sense then there are times when they make no sense at all and you tend to really reach for material to bring to this forum. I see why you chose Palin as your hidebehind name, every time she opens her mouth you never know what you might get.

To touch on some of your "facts" previously posted:

Ravenwood-They returned several key starters from the previous year, so they had key players to play with. Poll the raptor nation, I bet they were very disappointed. The families I know there were.

Centennial-Your facts are skewed. Greg Gregory took the cougars to the playoffs many moons ago. I know, because I was at the game, moron.

BA-Dont know the coach well, but those I know in BA land have never really been sold on him.

Spring Hill-who cares.

You make it very clear that you are not a fan of Eubanks. I can assure you that he has many more fans than critics. My time with Indy was during the building stages and glory year which Eubanks was a part of. I am one of those that firmly believe that Eubanks was the only hire for that job when Smith bolted for east tenn and it paid off. You like to make excuses for every program but Indy when it comes to disappointing seasons and why they were disappointments. You can get on here and say Eubanks was a good coach all you want, but I and many others know what he did for the Indy program and what he meant to it.

As for where Indy will go from here, that is for the current principal to figure out. I personally fear the worst for them, maybe the glass half empty philosophy?

Your are correct about Greg G. and CHS. In '03, he beat an Antioch team that had Coker at rb and then lost 27-26 at Hendersonville in the second round. The '04 team went 6-4 but fell a game short of the playoffs after losing the season finale at Clarksville. Rezoning then decimated the population and its been mostly uphill since.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of factual statements.

1-Eubanks was NOT forced to resign. Anyone that says otherwise has NO clue what they are talking about.

2-All knowing Hogan has given us absolutelu NO information so to be asking him these questions is like asking a any other poster questions(me included) what is going on with the administration.

The only FACTS that I know are that Eubanks was not forced out and the job was offered to Webb. And Scharch did interview.

Personally I feel the program goes in the wrong direction by hiring Scharch.

Finally the last couple of years the program has not had the talent level they had when they went to state title game. Remember they had an unseen amount of luck in the playoffs that year. (tipped ball versus Franklin, Millington collapsing etc etc.) Anyways maybe Indy has struggled because of talent. Skill positions were very very average speed at best compared to other teams in region

You are correct in he was not forced to resign if you mean he was told either resign or you will be fired. If you feel this is the only way you can be forced out then you are incorrect. Being fairly close to the situation I know that there were other ways that he was forced to resign. You can hide behind saying he was not forced out if you want to but those of us close know better.

As for the talent level the past two years you are right on target. There was no comparison between the past two years and three years ago in players.

FranklyMyDear ......... i think Fairview's program has already gone in the wrong direction. Guess that's why u hate on Scharsh every chance you get......That 25-6 beating you took at the hands of S H. I really wish that he would not have called off the dogs when he did. It could have been a lot worse. ........... You Sir are a Stein.

Sarah Palin, I guess my and everyone else definition of success is different. You refute my statements with playoff wins or appearances. I am talking about success on a championship level and the only coach to do that at Indy was Eubanks. You again can critize Eubanks or any coach but the fact of the matter is unless the next guy does better in alot of areas then it was a bad and wrong decision to force him out of his job. Yes he wasnt formally but from what I've heard life was going to be way to difficult for him to succeed. Again the next guy better do well or a major mistake was made. You disagree with me about BA. I am not associated but I know this the only thing accepatable their is championships period so I know what Im talking about. In the end your team or any team is built in the offseason through hard work, discipline, and relationships. That is not happening and Indy is continual falling behind. Be careful what you wish for because the hypothetical coach or ideas may not show up. Good luck Indy it looks like your going to need it.

2 months, 20 pages, 200 posts, 10,000+ views, countless speculations, predictions, denials, turned down offers...and still no Independence football coach?

The bloom is off this little rose. I said it before...sounds like the admin should have looked before it leaped. I hope they can find a good one, but if they could have, I think they already would have. Young administration has lots to learn. Tough break for the kids.

:thumb:

FranklyMyDear ......... i think Fairview's program has already gone in the wrong direction. Guess that's why u hate on Scharsh every chance you get......That 25-6 beating you took at the hands of S H. I really wish that he would not have called off the dogs when he did. It could have been a lot worse. ........... You Sir are a Stein.

I don't think I have hated on Scharch what so ever. But if you want we can look at his credentials. Eagleville was no better off when he left then it was when he opened the school. Spring Hill-stays 2 years and then wants to bail because he know they have "nothing coming back" (his words) Did take them to playoffs (with 25 seniors I might add) but got embarrassed in the 1st round. I simply made the statement that coaching in Williamson County will be a whole lot different than coaching in Maury County. He will be held accountable on his teaching in the classroom ability and his coaching ability. Therefore................................You Sir are a Moron.

I hear an announcement will be made later on today.