Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

Rams lose several key sr's but also have many solid young players coming back in 2010. The biggest questions are 1. How hard do they want to work in the offseason with weights and spring practice and 2. who will the leaders be that will step up and say "NO" to the penalties and lack of discipline that seemed to pop up in about 75% of the games this season including the games against SPitt and Gibbs/Rockwood and 2nd Harriman game. Go Rams in 2010!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rams lose several key sr's but also have many solid young players coming back in 2010. The biggest questions are 1. How hard do they want to work in the offseason with weights and spring practice and 2. who will the leaders be that will step up and say "NO" to the penalties and lack of discipline that seemed to pop up in about 75% of the games this season including the games against SPitt and Gibbs/Rockwood and 2nd Harriman game. Go Rams in 2010!!!

Yes UVF,grace should be tough again,but to your comment on whos going to be a leader,i'm not being mean when i say this, but you have to look at the coach for the past couple of years and put the blame where it goes,i was at the south pitt game,and williams should have never went back in the game,but your coach pushed him right back out there,your coach has to instill discipline in the team,and there has to be consequences for those actions,not just by the tssaa,but by the school.after what he did to Greenback in the playoffs last year, he should have been released from the team,and we were not the only team he did that to all year,then this year.Winning isnt the only thing you have to teach as a coach in high school.The example has been set there,win first find morals later.The basketball coach did the same thing.Once the coach has put his foot down, then some of the leadership will start to show on the field.

I agree with both Skippy and Pepsi500's comments..There have been many questions rasied regarding the situation that occured in the SP Game..We were all embarassed frankly....LEt's hope that we can take the many positives the program had in 2010 and more forward eliminating the obvious negatives.

i agree but keep in mind this is a young program. i think this is the third year that mckamey has been a head coach all have been at grace. he is not supposed to have it all figured at this point. i would look for some things to change. this is going to be a good thing its only going to help us get better as a team and as people. the fact is this staff has not been around long enough to see how they will respond and what changes they will make. i will wait and see before i start to worry.

Good point Dline, I haven't thought about the tenure of the staff as a possible weakness ( as far as reaction to certain situations, penalties, etc.) I think your point is valid. I'm sure we will continue to see changes with the team, and I'm sure we will see changes this year regarding penalties and discipline. All of these guys get on here and bash Randy, saying he's a bad coach / person, etc. They don't know Randy on a personal level, he's a good man and will continue to cultivate and grow our team into a powerhouse.

Congrats to the All State RAMS. Glad to see the Frank brothers made it together. They are both class acts and great kids. Glad Minga got in there as a sophomore, he really grew into a great player as the year went on, I look forward to seeing Davis and Jake lead this defense next year and punish offenses. Nice job RAMS.........the 2010 season has already started, its game week for the next 8 months. Go to youtube and search "Alcoa 2008 workouts" and see what it takes in the off season to build a championship.

• 2 weeks later...

What does the 2010 recruitin class look like? Any new studs up front? How about those former Dragons from Clinton , how many of those yall gettin for next year? Will there be ANYONE playing for yall next year that we recognize from this years team or will it be a whole new group of kids like youv'e had the last few years?

What does the 2010 recruitin class look like? Any new studs up front? How about those former Dragons from Clinton , how many of those yall gettin for next year? Will there be ANYONE playing for yall next year that we recognize from this years team or will it be a whole new group of kids like youv'e had the last few years?

When is signing day? :o

Ha ya we've lost 5 guys off of this years team, so we'll be looking to sign at least that many. I think we had about 15 freshman and sophomores playing this year, all of which will be back but you may not recognize them from the weight room and sweet feed lol. As far as signing day, why do you ask? Are you interested in sending some players our way....because we could use some back-ups. We were not very deep this year. We could use some back-ups and kids that want to play an extra 4 or 5 games a year lol.

Not sure about all this "signing day" stuff? dliiiine how many new kids played this year? Seems to me there were alot of kids from the previous year on the field this year from the games I got to see. I hope you all have a great off season, I am really looking forward to watching more games this year. As for all the talk about the coaching / moral delima......... I believe that this will be a much more disciplined team in 2010. That can only be bad news for the opponents of the "RAMS". Think about it....If this team can play without so many penalties, that will make them alot better. Good luck and hopefully those extra games you talk about will help and continue!!!!!!

well most of them were freshman and spoh. just off the top of my head i do not think we had any players starting for there first time all of them have been at grace. we will have one next year i know of for sure. big boy who sat out all year. i agree about the disciplined next year. it will be a much different story. i think buy the time it started showing it was to late this year. i talk to some of the coaches and they say it will start in the weight room. we will just have to wait and see i guess.

• 3 weeks later...