New Franklin Co HS FB Coach

RebelHeart

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The program needs stability. They have had 4 coaches over the past ten years. They need someone that is a good man who is a fundamental coach and one who is a fit in the community.

I guess your saying you don't need someone who runs the roads at night coaching the program @ FC.

That guy over at South Middle does a GREAT job!!!! From watching the coaches at FCHS the past few seasons, Id rather have him and whatever staff he could put together than keeping what hasnt worked there. Havent a few of those guys been on the staff under the last TWO head coaches?!? Maybe they need to go?!?

That guy over at South Middle does a GREAT job!!!! From watching the coaches at FCHS the past few seasons, Id rather have him and whatever staff he could put together than keeping what hasnt worked there. Havent a few of those guys been on the staff under the last TWO head coaches?!? Maybe they need to go?!?

With all due respect to middle school coaches and what they do, the jump from that to 6A football isn't realistic.

No offense to the last poster but the staff did a good job. The team was 4-6 but could have been 8-3 with 9 or 10 extra points. They lost several games by 1 or 2 points. Coach Brewer and Coach Winston are both former HC's and Jim Carr is well respected. Only a total idiot would get rid of them. Next years team will have a very good senior QB and junior RB. The key may be how quickly the new coach can put together an offensive line.

Scott Smith, Trae Aric, Steve Matthews have reportedly interviewed along with three local coaches. I also heard the Pigeon Forge HC applied plus an assistant from Tullahoma and Stewart County and the HC from Lighthouse Christian. The radio guy said Steve Carson withdrew his name after the interview.

Franklin County has one of the best facilities in the state but three good coaches (atkins, britton and mantooth) have struggled at times at this program. Mantooth won 7 games in one season and that's the best this decade. The next two years could be rebuilding seasons for the Rebs? It would be interesting to see Smith or Aric as head coach running the T-Franklin system with Wooten at QB. It could work!

I thought Jim Carr would be the next HC but he has not applied. I think Smith, Matthews and Aric would all be safe picks but none of them had any more success this past season at their schools than Coach Atkins staff this season with Martin and the Rebs. One thing is sure they will miss T.O. Martin! Best RB in school history IMHO. Whoever they hire will not be able to bring any coaches with him because there will be only 1 teaching slot open for the head coach. Everyone on staff has tenure except Brewer so the new guy had better make friends with the coaches on staff.

Coach Reed from South may be the next head coach at FC because he has done a great job at SM but I don't see Mantooth hiring him over Smith or Aric who are both proven experienced HC's at the HS level.