Cleveland Duals

BigTex

How many kids does collins hill have in their highschool program this year?

I'm not around the room this year, but with another 5A school, Mountain View, opened up about 2 miles away it's probably down to 65 or 70. It's enough to put the JV in the County tournament and the JV2 in the JV County while the varsity is in Kansas City.

Ghouse......the final against Danny's team tonight was 64 - 6.

Ouch, I had little doubt it would be a big score though. Peachtree Ridge isn't as deep and doesn't have the studs CH does. They have seemed down quite a bit the last few years. The last time I remember them being truly strong was maybe the 05-06 team with Sartain, Albert(s), Son and a few others.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland High School

Lopez Brothers will go undefeated at the Clev Duals

then go on to win the state in their weight classes :wacko:

well for one bud you are completely wrong about that cause turbo smith(of soddy daisy) has already beat both of the lopez brothers and turbo will be at 135 so one of them will lose nice try though

Anyone going to venture out and pick the pool winners, semi's, and finals?

My pool guesses are:

A - Collins Hill - too deep for anyone in their pool, maybe the tourney

B - Baylor - Not sure anyone in the pool has enough talent to beat them even if they are missing some as rumored

C - Father Ryan - with Soddy still in a weakened state I see TFI taking this one

D - CBHS - I am partial obviously and Cleveland puts up a fight

Anyone else want to put their pool picks down or pick-up the next round?

Definitely excited to see the teams this weekend.

Obviously Baylor the favorite in pool B and Collins Hill in pool A. Brentwood Academy, Hoover, McCallie and Walker Valley are no slouches, Don't know much about the GA teams. In C, Ryan is the obvious favorite, D Cleveland is the obvious favorite. It will be interesting to see what Soddy team shows up. There will be a LOT of good individual match-ups. Looking forward to some good wrestling this weekend.

Good luck to all.

Obviously Baylor the favorite in pool B and Collins Hill in pool A. Brentwood Academy, Hoover, McCallie and Walker Valley are no slouches, Don't know much about the GA teams. In C, Ryan is the obvious favorite, D Cleveland is the obvious favorite. It will be interesting to see what Soddy team shows up. There will be a LOT of good individual match-ups. Looking forward to some good wrestling this weekend.

Good luck to all.

Some good picks in there.

I think you will find that in Pool A, BA is going to be a little down from previous years. They graduated a lot and are pretty young so far this year. I don't know much on WV this year from a dual perspective, do know some individuals. Same goes for Hoover (though I have seen them in duals the last few years). At any rate that pool is very much Collins Hills to lose.

The coaches around the state would disagree with you on the obvious favorite in Pool D though (at least according to the poll). But that is why we wrestle the matches. I am definitely looking forward to that one. It should be one of the best pool matches of the day.

I also believe that Ryan and Cleveland have a dual schedule for tonight. I hope a good box score of those results gets posted.