Top AAA teams in the state??

Interesting Ratings. Your comments on Memphis only provides creditability to me of the comparison of the losses to the wins. Memphis loses after a while and record should not keep them at the top and likely drops the to 5 or six. Morristown should do the same thing. Clarksvilles soft schedule along with a loss two nights ago to a school with 2-3 losses drops them some.The loss came after some of best players did not show up on the box scores. Lavergne is not on your list. Blackman beat Lawrence County again in overtime. but only shows those two schools are playing close. Riverdale keeps winning but could not keep the level of competition after they beat Mt. Juliet. Memphis Overton refuses to post their record. Cleveland and Walker Valley are playing close in District 5. Hillsboro has dropped down to between 15-20. Smyrna and Siegel, both with one losss, are close.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see some of the best of Tennessee step into the national limelight--Congrats to Memphis Central who did the state proud taking on some the nations elite in Arizona--They will be much better for the experience come tourney time

Looking at the schedules-and wins and losses--this would be my guess of the best in AAA

I would have to go with Memphis Central--Their losses have been to elite teams--and hung around to the end for one of the best teams in California and Pennsylvania-beat Riverdale Baptist (MD) after an early loss to the same team-Beat an excellent Potter's House Christian (Jacksonville, FL) (71-70), and Riverdale

Lots of other potentials especially Oak Ridge who are coming on strong after an early stumble

Memphis Central also beat H.D. Woodson pretty handily at the TOC. That's another notch on their belt. They took the #2 team in the nation down to the wire, losing to St. Mary's,CA 76-73. Central had them on the ropes winning by as much as 12 points at one point in the game. They are definitely the most seasoned, and best, team in Tennessee. They are also a top 10-20 team nationally, as well. Oak Ridge's stumble came against Hoover,AL. Hoover is a top 15-20 team nationally. So, not a terrible loss.

I hope MoWest represents as well as Central did at the TOC. I just wish they would've played in the Joe Smith bracket with Central, instead of a weak Hillsboro team.

Interesting Ratings. Your comments on Memphis only provides creditability to me of the comparison of the losses to the wins. Memphis loses after a while and record should not keep them at the top and likely drops the to 5 or six.

I hope I read what you typed correctly. There is no way that Central should be ranked 5 or 6 in Tennessee. All three of their loses came to top 20 nationally ranked teams, including a nail-bitting loss to the #2 team in the country, St. Mary's,CA 76-73. With victories over H.D. Woodson, Riverdale Baptist, Potter's House, and Riverdale they have more than covered the "quality win criteria" for a #1 ranking. No other team can boast that schedule.

I appreciate your post and the information. Please excuse my feelings on this matter but Tennessee feels like they own its high school teams. They relate to comments about them and each player mentioned is just like someone very personal to them. Being able to see them play each year is just like a special event. After all the players are special young people and just seeing who is coaching them and the parents who have nurtured them to this point is more than special. Finding a place to watch them just gives encouragement.

The current way schools wind up playing everywhere except where their fans can see them seems inappropriate. But maybe its not. If a school can't showcase their students in state, and they find ways the students can get out of the state with their education, what reason is there to have that feeling. its not the only chance to showcase. Most of the time the summer is filled with AAU exposures. A lot of times players have already been signed. But to represent a school to the state is special. You say this school is special in its play. Your words are a little hollow. Many of us will never know. This State is girls basketball heavy and we remember the Memphis area 4 years ago when things were not as good. In fact it was sub par. Many on this site prodded those in the area to get them to be better. Maybe one of these days, an event can be held in the state. Mentioning all of these schools mean little to most fans. Mentioning in state schools relate to 99.9% plus. Best of luck.

I appreciate your post and the information. Please excuse my feelings on this matter but Tennessee feels like they own its high school teams. They relate to comments about them and each player mentioned is just like someone very personal to them. Being able to see them play each year is just like a special event. After all the players are special young people and just seeing who is coaching them and the parents who have nurtured them to this point is more than special. Finding a place to watch them just gives encouragement.

The current way schools wind up playing everywhere except where their fans can see them seems inappropriate. But maybe its not. If a school can't showcase their students in state, and they find ways the students can get out of the state with their education, what reason is there to have that feeling. its not the only chance to showcase. Most of the time the summer is filled with AAU exposures. A lot of times players have already been signed. But to represent a school to the state is special. You say this school is special in its play. Your words are a little hollow. Many of us will never know. This State is girls basketball heavy and we remember the Memphis area 4 years ago when things were not as good. In fact it was sub par. Many on this site prodded those in the area to get them to be better. Maybe one of these days, an event can be held in the state. Mentioning all of these schools mean little to most fans. Mentioning in state schools relate to 99.9% plus. Best of luck.

PHargis, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I have been a huge fan of Tennessee girls bball since my high school years in the late 80s at Oak Ridge. If you know anything about Tennessee girls bball then you know that OR has always been a tradition-rich area for the game. I even remember the powerhouse days of Shelbyville. So, if I get a little excited about one of Tennessee's own doing well at an out-of-state tournament don't come down on me for being proud of the representation. I happen to think that YOUR words were a bit hollow, sir. I'm sorry that you can't see the big picture here. BTW, Tennessee does have a great in-state tournament getting ready to start at the Ladies Classic. That is always a tough tournament. Of course, they put OR against Cleveland in the first round. I wish OR could've gotten an easier opponent.

Don't think Lavergne doesn't know whats going on. Jazzy Lady has got the big L healed and rehabbed. Nobody is saying much about the confrontations. It is best to stay low and quiet. Look for standing swings as there are 6 schools who think they can win it all. Somebody has to be mistaken.

It is likely right about those AA schools but its hard to get them out of bed in Gibson County. Over around 7AAA, 7AA, and 7A, its hard to tell the difference when you go to the Plateau. They play each other almost even. Don't have to duck out of state to play instead. It is called bragging rights, not anything though as complicated as national rankings. We've already encountered that and its called "Football Playoffs". :angry::angry::angry:

Don't think Lavergne doesn't know whats going on. Jazzy Lady has got the big L healed and rehabbed. Nobody is saying much about the confrontations. It is best to stay low and quiet. Look for standing swings as there are 6 schools who think they can win it all. Somebody has to be mistaken.

It is likely right about those AA schools but its hard to get them out of bed in Gibson County. Over around 7AAA, 7AA, and 7A, its hard to tell the difference when you go to the Plateau. They play each other almost even. Don't have to duck out of state to play instead. It is called bragging rights, not anything though as complicated as national rankings. We've already encountered that and its called "Football Playoffs". :angry::angry::angry:

why dont you get over yourself about the out of state crap. maybe your just mad because your little school couldn't play out of state because there is no way they would be invited to such an event like the toc. to the schools that choose to step out and compete against the top teams from across the country i applaud you. go represent this state and dont listen to people like this guy.