Top AAA teams in the state??

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Juliet , Clarksville , Lavergne and Riverdale lead the pack in the mid state.

Memphis Central ,Shelbyville, Cleveland appear strong as well. Don't know much about the east teams but I'm sure the normal powers remain as it seems there is very little change in dominant schools from year to year in girls basketball.

MJ and Riverdale play at the cave this Friday Dec. 11. Should be a good one to see.

Mt. Juliet , Clarksville , Lavergne and Riverdale lead the pack in the mid state.

Memphis Central ,Shelbyville, Cleveland appear strong as well. Don't know much about the east teams but I'm sure the normal powers remain as it seems there is very little change in dominant schools from year to year in girls basketball.

MJ and Riverdale play at the cave this Friday Dec. 11. Should be a good one to see.

Wrong Date. Sorry. MJ and Riverdale play Tuesday Dec. 15

Although I haven't seen them all, here would be my list.

Morristown West, Lawrence Couinty, Riverdale, Blackman, LaVergne (where's Jefferson?), Mt. Juliet, Clarksville, Memphis Central, and Memphis Overton.

There are a couple of others that I am interested in but know nothing about-Millington, Jackson Northside, Tennessee High, and Cookeville.

I think Mt. Juliet is the best team in the state right now, but they are not invisible by any stretch. They'll probably lose a couple along the way, but barring an upset in the region, they should cruise to the state tournament.

Doesn't Riverdale and Shelbyville play tonight?? That should be a dandy. I've heard Morristown West was good and we play them twice later on in the year, we'll play Cookeville also. We've played Riverdale. ANd we open the Land Air Classic against Oak Ridge( anyone know anything about them?), and I'm sure we will see other great teams in that tournament. So all in all by the time district tournament comes around we should know where we stand.

Riverdale has played a heck of a schedule so far, I mean wow, those girls will definitly be ready come tourney time.

Did Hillsboro lose alot to graduation??

Doesn't Riverdale and Shelbyville play tonight?? That should be a dandy. I've heard Morristown West was good and we play them twice later on in the year, we'll play Cookeville also. We've played Riverdale. ANd we open the Land Air Classic against Oak Ridge( anyone know anything about them?), and I'm sure we will see other great teams in that tournament. So all in all by the time district tournament comes around we should know where we stand.

Riverdale has played a heck of a schedule so far, I mean wow, those girls will definitly be ready come tourney time.

Did Hillsboro lose alot to graduation??

Hillsboro is fighting injuries and if their player returns and rehabs correctly, they will be in the mix. I've found you don't overlook a previous winner. They may not be a winner but they will sure have a lot to do with who wins.

Hillsboro lost three starters and then lost Keisha Crouch (Xavier signee) to a knee injury. They are young and athletic, but still have a long way to go. They're still probably the best team in region 6AAA, but not by much. (6AAA is WAY down)

Yeah i figured it had to be something to that nature. So whats the timetable on her return or is she even goin to play this year?

Morristown West, Lawrence Couinty, Riverdale, Blackman, LaVergne (where's Jefferson?), Mt. Juliet, Clarksville, Memphis Central, and Memphis Overton.

There are a couple of others that I am interested in but know nothing about-Millington, Jackson Northside, Tennessee High, and Cookeville.

I think Mt. Juliet is the best team in the state right now, but they are not invisible by any stretch. They'll probably lose a couple along the way, but barring an upset in the region, they should cruise to the state tournament.

Jackson NS is extremely athletic and is coached by a legendary coach here in West TN, Ferris Lowery. Jackson NS is somewhat young, but their players can play extremely well. They're led by Jalita Fason and Jessica Cobb, 2 Juniors. Fason should start receiving some big time D1 interest by the end of the year. She's extremely athletic and she's long. Jackson NS could very well wind up in the 'boro this year if things fall into place for them. They're a very good team.

Millington is a good team as well. They made a great showing at the state tournaments 2 years ago losing in the championship by 1 or 2 points. They're led this year by UTM signee, Jasmine Newsome. Newsome is one of the top players here in West TN. If Millington stays healthy, they could make some noise in the post season. coachgat can give you more of a run down on them if he pleases to do so.

I know it's a long way off and a lot of things can happen but the projected Region 5 championship match up between Mt. Juliet and Clarksville should be something to see. These 2 teams have two of the best players in the state in Caya Williams and Bashaara Graves ( both Sophomores ). They battled last year in an early round region matchup won by Clarksville. If they each hold serve throughout the district year, the region championship game will be much harder than the sectional round to get to state.

Morristown West is by far the best AAA team in Upper East Tennessee. Taylor Hall is tremendous and Sydney Goins is also an outstanding player. They have several other good players and some depth. They are not very big, but they get after you. I believe they will make it to Murfreesboro this year. Tennessee High has lost two straight ( AA Elizabethton and Science Hill). They are a good team and have some young talent they are blending in.