Top AAA teams in the state??

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morristown West is awesome. But, I don't agree that they have depth. They have 6, maybe 7 players. Having said that, they range from great (Hall) to very good. Not many teams have 6-7 solid players. I think in a closely called game where you can get into their bench early, a really good team might have a chance. That's a lot to hope for though! haha

If the state touny started today I feel like this would be the finished order.

1.Mt Juliet

2.Lavergne

3.Mem Central

4.Riverdale

5.Morristown W.

6.Clarksville

7.Law.Co.

8.Mem Overton

9.Cleveland

10.Blackman

It should end up with 7 out the 10. I may miss the order of finish a little but this is just an observational guess.

1.Mt Juliet

2.Lavergne

3.Mem Central

4.Riverdale

5.Morristown W.

6.Clarksville

7.Law.Co.

8.Mem Overton

9.Cleveland

10.Blackman

It should end up with 7 out the 10. I may miss the order of finish a little but this is just an observational guess.

By the way, some of these teams have to play each other in regional play so they can't all move on. In an open tourny this is how they should rank.

She was suspended for 10 school days. I heard she was out for 9 games.

its unfortunate, we also have had another starter out due to injury and had another one go down tuesday, althought I'm not sure if either will play tonight. Have a freshman point guard starting in place of Jessica, and everyone coming off the bench are freshman. So yeah we are facing some adversity right now, but having younger kids play should help our depth come Feburary, March.

1.Mt Juliet

2.Lavergne

3.Mem Central

4.Riverdale

5.Morristown W.

6.Clarksville

7.Law.Co.

8.Mem Overton

9.Cleveland

10.Blackman

The schools posted are strong. We can disagree with the order and whether the total state teams are included. Region 2 is not correctly represented. Region 4 unfortunately will be without two of the schools and until the smoke clears in that Region and injuries resolved it will not be known. As far as strength is concerned, can't argue with the schools. Would add Hillsboro and Jackson North Side(GC), Millington and Tennessee High as a "possibility" irregardless of their record. Just looking at the schools and box scores, the disparity with some teams with their overall balanced scoring can cause some problems and sudden upsets with injuries. One thing for sure the last week and a half of regular season can cause a swing in Tournament schedules and smaller Distrcts might find some surprises,

As someone who grew up in east tennessee and now lies in west tennessee I have seen several of these teams play. Clarksville high was very impressive last year and have what i think is the best sophomore in tennessee but they are still a little young and besides playing northeast their district is not that strong so they will have to play some tougher non-conference teams. Mt. Juliet has always been a strong team so you can never really count them out even during a down year. Hillsboro could make some noise but being so young is going to be tough on them. Morristown West in my opinion will be the team to beat in Murfreesboro. They were mere seconds away from making it last year and nobody expect much out of them outside of the conference. They have two division one signess already in Hall and Goins and with the stigma of losing in sub-state last year there will be nothing to stop them from getting there this year. And to help bolster their confidence and help them play against the best during the Christmas break they are playing in the prestigious Nike Tournament in Arizona which is by invite only. They should be the toughest team in the state come this spring. They only roadblock i see is if they have to face a team with a lot of height but im sure coach Gaylon will find a way to win in the end

Millington has another strong team... In my opinion i think they are better this yr than last. They have several 9th graders who are big and can play down low. So there bench is deep unlike last yr. Millington has several girls in the 6- 6'3" range. They will be in the mix during post season. I hear the only loss they have was against an Arkansas team which Millington played terrible couldnt make baskets but was up and seemed to give up??? Anyhow Jasmen Newsom is fun to watch she scored 42 against Bricrest and a few 20 point games...