Freshmen impact players in Middle Tenn

oldkodger

I love how people get on this website and start a thread like they are interested in anybody other than the kid or coach they are trying to promote. Hilarious

I suppose everyone could be like you and make a majority of their posts negative. Personally, I much prefer posts like the one on this thread by 'oldkodger' that you are apparently referring to. I believe the promotion of a player or players in a positive manner, regardless of the motive, helps promote the greatest game that exists, 'high school basketball'. Hopefully some day you'll get over your bitterness so that you can then enjoy watching the game like most of the rest of us who post here do. :thumb:

Come on rabbit. Misery loves company. Pianoman knows that it is much more professional to get on a site like this and insult people for any number of childish reasons. I wonder if piano is really this miserable in real life. Poor guy. Maybe life would be better with a new hobby.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I need to promote Ramsey as he is doing a fine job himself! I did want to give him props as well as hear from other teams, to see who to watch. It is fun for me to follow these guys and see how they devlope their games. And as for the CPA 8th grader, that is awesome. I believe his coach had a team mate that was an 8th grader at Goodpasture who went on to Ky then to NBA! Maybe he will be the next Ron Mercer! Good Luck!

I love how people get on this website and start a thread like they are interested in anybody other than the kid or coach they are trying to promote. Hilarious

I suppose everyone could be like you and make a majority of their posts negative. Personally, I much prefer posts like the one on this thread by 'oldkodger' that you are apparently referring to. I believe the promotion of a player or players in a positive manner, regardless of the motive, helps promote the greatest game that exists, 'high school basketball'. Hopefully some day you'll get over your bitterness so that you can then enjoy watching the game like most of the rest of us who post here do. :thumb:

Come on rabbit. Misery loves company. Pianoman knows that it is much more professional to get on a site like this and insult people for any number of childish reasons. I wonder if piano is really this miserable in real life. Poor guy. Maybe life would be better with a new hobby.

The posts that are annoying are the ones by folks who claim to be, or at least imply to be, supporters from outside the area of the player they're hyping. Yet some of those same posters often have zero subject matter except on the school "they're not a big fan of" or "have to travel to see." That may be some of what Piano was getting at. I do agree with him, why beat around the bush when you're wanting people to talk about a particular player, just say, "Do you think so-and-so is among the best in (whatever area)" instead of "who are the best players". I'm sure there will be plenty of follow-up.

Indian. Oldkodger started this thread and however he worded it, he went on to give his opinion of one of the best freshman and even gave his reasoning. Pianoman just has negative sarcasm for Livingston Academy. Apparently doesn't like something about the coach or the program there. It's kind of an ongoing thing that is quite humorous.

The posts that are annoying are the ones by folks who claim to be, or at least imply to be, supporters from outside the area of the player they're hyping. Yet some of those same posters often have zero subject matter except on the school "they're not a big fan of" or "have to travel to see." That may be some of what Piano was getting at. I do agree with him, why beat around the bush when you're wanting people to talk about a particular player, just say, "Do you think so-and-so is among the best in (whatever area)" instead of "who are the best players". I'm sure there will be plenty of follow-up.

Indian! You have no clue what my intentions on this thread was! I explained why I mentioned Ramsey and he deserved it! I didnt claim to be from outside the area, I am from and reside in Overton Co. I try to follow other players to see who is stepping up! There where several good players from the area moving up this year from Clay Co and Crab Orchard etc... If you are just jealous that who ever you support hasn't stepped up then YOU can start a new thread "Midstate freshman flops" :thumb:

Indian! You have no clue what my intentions on this thread was! I explained why I mentioned Ramsey and he deserved it! I didnt claim to be from outside the area, I am from and reside in Overton Co. I try to follow other players to see who is stepping up! There where several good players from the area moving up this year from Clay Co and Crab Orchard etc... If you are just jealous that who ever you support hasn't stepped up then YOU can start a new thread "Midstate freshman flops" :thumb:

I didn't mean you at all, I just agreed with the other poster in general.

Cornelius Elder from Ensworth is going to be the starting guard running the offense as a freshman so big shoes to fill after Tavarres Jefferson and Miles Asafo-Adjei.

"Corn" is awesome! He played with the Celtics 15U. Great outside shot and can take it to the basketball. Great BB IQ reads the floor like a Steve Nash.

I didn't mean you at all, I just agreed with the other poster in general.

My bad Indian, thanks for explanation! Good luck to you and your team :thumb:

Well, those Upper Cumberland teams / players seem to be Very well indeed. Keep an eye on Monterey Freshman point guard reserve Logan Jones. He's quick, fast, good ball handler, and has a lot of court sense. He's the All-time leading scorer at Burks Middle, coming off a 5th in State finish, in last year's James C. Haile Tourney. Look for him to continue to improve and mature as a floor leader this year. By his senior year, look for Monterey High School to be heading to the 'Boro. We'll see. 3 years from now, hopefully, we'll see.