Who will be the next QB in Div II AA....

CantBstopped

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

@Rumble

Wirth Campbell is 6'4", yes. But he is certainly not as proven as you describe him to be. He is a strong kid and a hard worker, but has no game experience at the varsity level. He will have one heck of an offensive line, sure, but it's too quick to say he will be the best.

As for my pick, I'd take rising Junior Aaron Simonis from MBA over anyone right now. Dual threat, and appears to be an excellent competitor.

Can't wait to see how this year plays out.

@Rumble

Wirth Campbell is 6'4", yes. But he is certainly not as proven as you describe him to be. He is a strong kid and a hard worker, but has no game experience at the varsity level. He will have one heck of an offensive line, sure, but it's too quick to say he will be the best.

As for my pick, I'd take rising Junior Aaron Simonis from MBA over anyone right now. Dual threat, and appears to be an excellent competitor.

Can't wait to see how this year plays out.

I'm certainly hoping Simonis is all he looked to be at the end of last season. I am, however, first and foremost a pessimist. My gas tank is always half empty, and I've been known in more than a few quarters as "Eeyore." So....

One thing to remember about Simonis' performances in the Ensworth-BA-MUS run last season is there was almost no film on him. Ensworth would have seen nothing at all. BA had the Ensworth game to review, but one game really doesn't give you much more than a glimpse of a QB's capabilities. MUS had two games to consider, but that's still not enough to establish any real tendencies to discuss with your defense. Then you have to consider the fact that MBA could do a lot of utterly unpredictable and unorthodox things given Lassing's versatility. He could run, pass, or even change the field with a quick kick (though I don't recall them doing that).

Much more of the onus will be on Simonis, and Simonis alone. MBA will also probably have to stick with a more orthodox game plan, which in turn is a little more predictable. He certainly looked good at the end of the year, but I don't know a lot about jis supporting cast this season.

Even with his injury many MBA insiders wondered secretly why they didn't go to Simonis earlier last year. MBA has a funny way of respecting who is "in line" to accept responsibility for a position. There is one thing no one can deny and that is he is a winner. Aaron Simonis has the "it" and is just a plain, good ole winner. He just does what it takes. I predict he may go down as one of the absolute best. Go get a few Dominican Nuns across the street to block for him and he'll do a lot of winning.

Even with his injury many MBA insiders wondered secretly why they didn't go to Simonis earlier last year. MBA has a funny way of respecting who is "in line" to accept responsibility for a position. There is one thing no one can deny and that is he is a winner. Aaron Simonis has the "it" and is just a plain, good ole winner. He just does what it takes. I predict he may go down as one of the absolute best. Go get a few Dominican Nuns across the street to block for him and he'll do a lot of winning.

I'm not sure at what point in the season he was actually able to play. He had a pretty nasty concussion in the preseason, and wasn't immediately cleared to play.

Well said Mr. Simons. I look for your son to have a good year :thumb:

Well said Mr. Simons. I look for your son to have a good year :thumb:

It's Simonis, I prefer Chris. While I find it interesting (and even amusing) to read other folks' opinions and predictions, I can assure you that I keep mine to myself, especially when they concern my family.

It's Simonis, I prefer Chris. While I find it interesting (and even amusing) to read other folks' opinions and predictions, I can assure you that I keep mine to myself, especially when they concern my family.

Chris, I hope most of these forum inputs are innocent "opinions and predictions" and the personal stuff is not published. It would be nice to have you join in the DII discussions.

Chris, I hope most of these forum inputs are innocent "opinions and predictions" and the personal stuff is not published. It would be nice to have you join in the DII discussions.

Thanks, as you can see by the number of posts I have made in the past 9 years I am not one to join in often, but I do like the facts to be right.

I wanted to answer Mr. Woodroof’s question, Aaron was cleared after nine weeks. The “baseline” testing regimen that MBA follows would not allow him to play any sooner. I have a lot of respect for their concern over his complete recovery. He played a few JV games to get his feet back underneath him and then started the final game of the regular season against JPII.

So here is to a great season, some great football, and most importantly,,, good health !