OC vs. Westview

redbirdfan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this game played in the BARN or in the new school? This sounds kinda like the old days against Obion Co....did any horns go off while the ball was in play?

New school, Mr. Rat........no horns during play, but they have added 21st century special effects sound system, which is sort of neat.

Wow...thanks for the info, NSHD...I cannot believe Obion Co is finally up to date, they probably have internet and everything now.

NSHD, have you had any nights since the promotion like the nights at HAY#$%^&**((&*$@#@#^*&??? :lol:

Ok first, congrats to Obion on the win. They wanted it more and Fussell was nonstoppable tonight.

Second, tonight's game was the worst officiating game I have ever seen! The referees let it get way out of hand! First, you have an Obion player sling a Westview player down right in front of the ref and no call was made. Coach Stephenson then gets a technical foul for yelling at the refs! (I would of been yelling too had my player just got slung to the ground and no call was made) Then there were hard fouls and pushing back in forth by both teams with no warnings or anything given. Then, Grace Ann Swaim is pressuring the ball and the ref calls a foul on her and AFTER the whistle was blown gets elbowed in the face hard by Katie Pate. Swaim gets upset but does not hit her back or anything and she still gets thrown out of the game too?! Guess she should of hit her back since it would have been the same consequence. Oh yeah and after Pate elbowing Swaim in the face, they get to shoot free throws and get the ball back. What sense does that make??

All I am saying is there better be a good officiating crew when the two teams play at Westview because if not it will get ugly!! Again, congrats to Obion tonight

Sounds like it just keeps going up the ladder. We have played a lot of ball over the years against a lot of teams and Obion seems to be the worst for playing dirty that we have ever played. From 4th grade, through jr. high and into high school. 4th grade coach told his girls to elbow ours in the mouth if they were guarding them too closely - Jr. High girls were elbowing in the back and taking cheap shots running down the court - guess these girls are just playing like they were taught.

After watching the film of the incindent, in slow motion frame by frame, I saw it a little different. Game will be shown on Chater Media tonight and Thursday beginning at 7pm. Two great competive teams got caught up in the emotion of the game, things like this will happen. Not saying either one was right or wrong, two great players just trying to do their job, one protecting the ball and the other trying to get it away from her, and both got a little too physical. Can't wait until the next meeting between these two teams. :)