East Lit's Kelli Cowan Scores 1,000 point

Parkrose

East Literature 5’ 9” senior post player Kelli Cowan scored her 1,000th point in the Eagles’ upset win last Friday at CPA.

Needing eight points to hit the mark, she scored 17, giving her 1,009 as the Eagles took over first place in the district. Crouch becomes the first player at East Lit to hit the mark since the school reopened a few years back as a magnet school at the same place old East High was located.

I think it couldve happen to a better person. She is a smart and a humble young lady, am very excited for her. Congrads, Kelli

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to Kelli. But my previous records show that she is the 4th following Brittany Davis, Jenna Cousins, and Shenita Gleaves.

It is unfortunate that the players mentioned above were not recognized by their coaches. When coach Ellis took over the program she asked for all the stats and scorebooks from the previous seasons, but was told that they could not be found. East is hosting a tournament today (Tuesday) and tomorrow(Wednesday) and Coach Ellis will be there all day. Please bring your records by so those girls can be recognized for their accomplishments.

I understand what you all are saying but lets dont take away what this young lady has achieved. If those other young ladies also achieved the same goal then I think you guys need to contact the coach or the school but far as am concerned, she has achieved the 1,000 mark and has continue to help her team. I got the information off the Tennessean and thought this was a great achievement.

None of the other girls listed scored 1,000 points. I thought at one time that Genna Cousin would have done it but she did not. Shenita Gleaves was up and down while she was here and Brittany Davis quit in the middle of her junior year. The biggest factor imo was that they played on bad teams. I think Genna would have been the closest. Kelly will be East Lits all time leading scorer when she graduates. It could be a while before anyone challanges her total points. In case someone has the idea of asking me how I know, or do I have the books I'll save some of the unnecessary posts. I do not have the books, but I have been here for all of the games.

well for a coach who only been there for waht? 3 years? she would not know any way. Newspaper and other coaches know the truth. I congradulate Kelli COwan for her 1,000 points but the title she is given is inaccurate.

Word of the day.

hater - One who hates; One who expresses unfounded or inappropriate hatred or dislike, particularly if motivated by jealousy.

I am not talking to anyone particular. But I am certain Jenna Cousins had more than 1,000 points. Playing her freshmen year scoring at least 15 pts per game, this girl was Awesome! Everybody else probably did not have it but if anything i am certain jenna cousins had it! everybody over there should know. Ask her coach!

Tweet,

Make up your mind- You said you had previous records that showed Brittany Davis, Jenna Cousins, and Shenita Gleaves had 1000 points and now you saying you know only Jenna Cousin has 1000. Coach Fey explained to you in an earlier post and Dont be a disgruntle fan or explayer bashing the honor of Kelli. Your feelings might get hurt because Sharonda Brabson is about to become the second.

Honestly, I think Sharonda Brabson should have got it before kelli! I can not wait to hear when she get it!! I love her game!! I remember her game sophmore year when I came to all East games! That girl is awesome!!! Congrats to Kelli like I said and I really hope Sharonda gets it!