3-1 Oliver Springs vs. 4-0 Kingston Predictions

OS91

This Roane County rivalry was renewed last year for the first time in 8 years with the Bobcats winning 10-6 at DJ Britian Field. Even though a non-region contest, this game is turning into the biggest rivalry in Roane County. Like last year, Kingston enters the game with a perfect 4-0 record and will be looking not to duplicate last years fall after losing to the Bobcats and not qualifying for the playoffs. A win would be HUGE for both teams as they need momentum for their respective region races. OS will be looking for its first win over Kingston at Kingston in more than 30 years (?) OS defense has only given up 27 points and plays outstanding team defense. OS Freshman standout David Collett has already picked off 6 passes on the young season of four games.

Kingston's defense has been almost equally impressive allowing just over 30 points on the season and should be especially tough at home.

Look for a huge crowd/packed house as OS looks to sanp a LONG losing streak at Kingston as the Yellow Jackets looks to avenge last year's defeat to the Bobcats.

Oliver Springs 14 Kingston 12

OS has seemed to pull out close narrow victories on the road and away ( with exception Sweetwater last year) Look for this treand to continue as OS defense comes up tough all night in the 2nd Half.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Kingston was looking a bit ahead to the OS game at Scott County last night. The Highlanders outplayed the Jackets 10 to 1. Heading into the 4th quarter of play, Kingston had all of 2 first downs, but still led 16-10 thanks to a 3yd INT return, a 27yd FG set up by a blocked punt at the 10, and a fumble revcovery inside of the Highlander 30. All in all, if Kingston plays the way they did last night, it could be a long night in Jacket land.

Posted by TheAnswer9:

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Kingston was looking a bit ahead to the OS game at Scott County last night. The Highlanders outplayed the Jackets 10 to 1. Heading into the 4th quarter of play, Kingston had all of 2 first downs, but still led 16-10 thanks to a 3yd INT return, a 27yd FG set up by a blocked punt at the 10, and a fumble revcovery inside of the Highlander 30. All in all, if Kingston plays the way they did last night, it could be a long night in Jacket land.

TheAnswer9- tried to email you. Did Coalfield play Friday night, winning 61-16?

The last time I checked the Cats can kick the ball around a little bit too--punt, kickoffs, and FGs. So...if duty and action calls, OSs Conrad can kick the ball through the uprights as can Kingston's McMillan. If I do say so, I belive that Kingston has a solid kicker who put the ball into and through the endzone all 6 times at Scott Co and Oliver Springs have the only true kicking game--PATs and FGs--in the county.

As for my prediction, I'll save it for a little later on down the road. I will say I'm looking for a chin strappin', slobber knockin' heckuva game. The fact the game is being played at Dr. Nat Sugarman Field (I believe that is correct) has to account for something. So...

TheAnswer has spoken.

OS is looking foward to another win against Kingston this year. Its not going to be that easy. The game will be played at Kingston, for homecoming, and Kingston is ready to get revenge. If Kingston plays like they did last week, the game will be a different story, but if the two teams play their best..... Kingston 24, OS-10

Posted by Wildcat3:

OS is looking foward to another win against Kingston this year. Its not going to be that easy. The game will be played at Kingston, for homecoming, and Kingston is ready to get revenge. If Kingston plays like they did last week, the game will be a different story, but if the two teams play their best..... Kingston 24, OS-10

Homecoming? I did not know that. I hate homecoming! It's a major distraction from a perfectly good football game! :)