3-1 Oliver Springs vs. 4-0 Kingston Predictions

OS91

Homecoming? I did not know that. I hate homecoming! It's a major distraction from a perfectly good football game!

Come on swamp, I hope you didn't mean that -- that is as part of high school football as the coin toss. Its for the kids, schools, alumni - lets enjoy the whole experience of high school sports.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by bigreid:

I didn't know it was homecoming. Kingston's seniors won't be focused....OS 17 Kingston 3

Kingston's football players probably care less about it than I do. They will, like me, be aggravated because Kingston can't get it over with in 20 minutes, though (which is my main reason for hating homecoming). Kingston drags it out a lot longer than necessary.

As for alumni, most alumni that come to football games still live close by and either come to all or none; they don't come for the "festivities."

Posted by bigreid:

I didn't know it was homecoming. Kingston's seniors won't be focused....OS 17 Kingston 3

Come on, you gotta give Kingston more credit than that! Kingston has the game this year against OS. Just because they beat Rockwood doesnt mean they are the team of the county, or their region. THey are already planning on beating Sweetwater, and their is NO way thats happening. Its Kingstons homecoming, they will be focused, dont worry, it will make them even more determined to win this year!

Kingston-24, OS-0

Posted by swamp:
Posted by bigreid:

Kingston's football players probably care less about it than I do. They will, like me, be aggravated because Kingston can't get it over with in 20 minutes, though (which is my main reason for hating homecoming). Kingston drags it out a lot longer than necessary.

Swamp, I Know you are from Kingston, I cant believe you dont like homecoming, its a big thing for Kingston and for the girls that are on the court! Well, its a big deal for me since i am on the court! Ill try to make it faster this year so you wont be so bored :)

As for alumni, most alumni that come to football games still live close by and either come to all or none; they don't come for the "festivities."

Posted by swamp:
Posted by bigreid:

Swamp, I Know you are from Kingston, I cant believe you dont like homecoming, its a big thing for Kingston and for the girls that are on the court! Well, its a big deal for me since i am on the court! Ill try to make it faster this year so you wont be so bored :)

My Jackets will have to play much harder than they did Friday night to win. No fear, because Vic will have them in the right frame of mind, this time. I was shocked at how well the Highlander's looked friday night. The stage was definitely set for a major upset. I am sure all of Kingston, including myself, was looking past the winless Highlanders. Kudos to their players and coaches, they were well prepared. As a matter of fact, as much as it pains me to admit it, Scott Co. deserved to win. They may turn out to be the most physical team the jackets will play. That bunch will beat somebody they ain't supposed to, they almost did last Friday. Kingston won one they probabley did not deserve, but championship teams always do. Nobody else will be overlooked and the bobcats better be ready 'cause a mad bunch of jackets will be swarming this friday. Count on it.

Posted by RCHS03:
Posted by bigreid:

Come on, you gotta give Kingston more credit than that! Kingston has the game this year against OS. Just because they beat Rockwood doesnt mean they are the team of the county, or their region. THey are already planning on beating Sweetwater, and their is NO way thats happening. Its Kingstons homecoming, they will be focused, dont worry, it will make them even more determined to win this year!

Kingston-24, OS-0

hate to say it but I agree

Kingston WILL not score 24 points on OS's defense. OS has a considerable better defense than any of RCHS first 4 opponents and the most points Kingston can muster is 28, 21, 21, and 21. You are telling me that RCHS is going to score 24 against OS when the BOBCATS Defense has only been scored on in 3 of the 16 quarters they have played football. 2 of those quarters were against Smith County ( a top 5 AAA team) I dont think RCHS is the same caliber as Smith County this year. Expect a great game, not a 24-0 score by any team.

I think a lot of people have made good points. No Kingston's offense probably won't score 24 on touchdowns but with a kid that can kick 45+ with pretty much ease don't be surprised if they score a touchdown or two and 3 field goals at least. There won't be none of this punting from mid-field like we've seen all year. OS will have to play better on Offense though to have a chance so right now I think Kingston has a 23-13 advantage but who knows I might change that prediction later in the week.

Posted by cwp76:

It will be a close game, which I hope OS wins. The reason I hope OS wins is because Kingston gets way too cocky about beating teams who are much smaller than they are. I like the way OS has the guts to play teams like Smith County and other AAA teams.

For the millionth time, Smith Co. has a 2A enrollment.... I think OS had to schedule Kingston as much as Kingston had to schedule OS. Kingston has won their share of games against 3A teams, I think, just not last year.