Fandetti Brawl 2010

ncwrestlingfan

How strong is this tourney this year? North Carolina has its #1 ranked team participating in it. I personally think they are a stronger dual meet team (they have won 152 straight matches) than tourney team, but folks they are strong...real strong. They have CRUSHED some pretty good and highly ranked teams already this season. This team is also competing in Tennessee Jan. 9th in "Brawl in the Hall" in Bristol. How's the comp in that? Is that a dual team tourney or individual?

parklandwrestling.com

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010 Fandetti-Richardson Brawl

Abingdon HS (VA)

Bearden HS (TN)

Bob Jones HS (AL)

Christian Brothers HS (TN)

Cleveland HS (TN)

George Walton Academy (GA)

Hewitt-Trussville HS (AL)

Jefferson Co. HS (TN)

John Hardin HS (KY)

Kingston HS (TN)

North Henderson HS (NC)

Ooltewah HS (TN)

Owen HS (NC)

Parkland HS (NC)

Perry Central HS (KY)

Science Hill HS (TN)

There are many highly ranked teams from several different states that are attending Fandetti this year. We try to make this tournament as good as possible for both the wrestlers and the fans.

Wrestling starts at 9:30 AM EST

Freedom Hall Arena

1320 Pactolas Road

Johnson City, Tennessee 37604

2010 Fandetti-Richardson Brawl

Abingdon HS (VA)

Bearden HS (TN)

Bob Jones HS (AL)

Christian Brothers HS (TN)

Cleveland HS (TN)

George Walton Academy (GA)

Hewitt-Trussville HS (AL)

Jefferson Co. HS (TN)

John Hardin HS (KY)

Kingston HS (TN)

North Henderson HS (NC)

Ooltewah HS (TN)

Owen HS (NC)

Parkland HS (TN)

Perry Central HS (KY)

Science Hill HS (TN)

There are many highly ranked teams from several different states that are attending Fandetti this year. We try to make this tournament as good as possible for both the wrestlers and the fans.

Wrestling starts at 9:30 AM EST

Freedom Hall Arena

1320 Pactolas Road

Johnson City, Tennessee 37604

Correction: Parkland HS is a North Carolina Team

This may be a silly question for all the Tennessee wrestling fans, but being from out of state.....

Which division, in general, is stronger? D1 or D2? I know there maybe exceptions but in general which is stronger and why? Does one division have more larger schools from which their pool of athletes is greater? Or some other reasons?

This may be a silly question for all the Tennessee wrestling fans, but being from out of state.....

Which division, in general, is stronger? D1 or D2? I know there maybe exceptions but in general which is stronger and why? Does one division have more larger schools from which their pool of athletes is greater? Or some other reasons?

28.gif

That is a great question, and depending on who you ask there will be several different answers. There are several quality teams in both divisions each year. The majority of both public and private do wrestle each during the season at different tournaments. Although one of the strongest public school programs Bradley Central High School does not wrestle private school teams during the season. The reasoning is unclear depending on who you ask, and for me the argument has valid points on both sides. The private schools have several tough teams each year, just to name a few Baylor, McCallie, Christian Brothers, and Father Ryan. This year the private school division is as close as I have seen it in many years and will provide a great weekend in February when our state duals will be wrestled in Nashville. In the public school division several schools are making noise on the mat. Here are a few of our better teams Bradley Central, Cleveland, Ooltewah, Clarksville, Independence, and Science Hill. All of these teams have their eyes on the prize and that is to knock off Bradley Central who have been at the top of our ranks for several years. At this time the private school division is the toughest with several of the teams mentioned above beating the public schools in matches this season. Hope this helps and hopefully this doesn't start a huge debate.

good post matcat,,,,although you did fail to mention that the current top ranked team is a public school team and not a Div. 2 team. And I believe that the end of the year ranking for last year also had a public school team as the number one ranked, not a Div. 2 team.

And I forgot to mention that at least one of those Div. 2 schools was beaten by Cleveland in their duals tournament about a week ago. And then either last year or the year before, I am getting older I can not remember which year it was, but Father Ryan was Ranked number one in the state and Cleveland beat them, again Div. 1 beats a high ranked Div. 2 team.

Thanks everyone. I think I get it. In fact I think I got it by the aviator poking the behive!! haha. Seriously, it was not meant to be agitation for an argument. I simply did not know what the divisions are. In NC, we have private schools and public schools and a FEW private schools cross over into public school tourneys during the season. Post season is totally seperate. There are a few exceptions, but in general the private are FAAAAR behind the public schools. The public schools are broke down according to enrollment. 4A, 3A, 2A, and 1A, with 1A being the smallest schools. WITH exceptions, larger schools are tougher than smaller schools. Which brings me to a VERY hotly contested debate. Cary HS has won 20 state 4A tittles and has only lost 3 regular season matches since 1977. Totally dominated the state over the long haul with very few hiccups along the way. Parkland over the last 5 years or so have been just as dominate over the 3A division. The last 3 years Parkland has been off the charts, setting all kinds of state records and national records too. This year Parkland has been reclassified into the largest class 4A with Cary. They are on a collision course in the dual team state championship as Parkland will emerge from the West region and Cary from the East. In years past it has been hotly debated as to who was better as they had not met. This year Cary is not as strong as it has been (though still VERY strong) and Parkland may have their best team ever. (two years ago they set so many state and national records I lose count). Both should make it to the finals and this state will pack the gym unlike EVER for a high school match in North Carolina. It should be a war! Check out both teams and see what you think, Parklandwrestling.com and Carywrestling.com . Make sure you click on the tabs and check both teams history and you can see what all the buzz is about. Parkland is wrestling in Tennessee a couple of times in January so you can check them out yourself. You may have seen better wrestlers (I'm sure you have) but it has all 14 weights loaded with very good wrestlers.

Parkland was in a tourney with Bob Jones, Al before Christmas at KOTM in NC. Due to weather and the economy what was usually a 40 team tourney was down to only 20 teams. Bob Jones was a pretty good team, taking 3rd place. Here's the top 5 from KOTM.

Plc Points Team CH CONS

1 286 Parkland, NC - -

2 195 Lake Norman, NC - -

3 172.5 Bob Jones, Al - -

4 149 Upper Perkiomen, Pa - -

5 103.5 Glenn, NC - -

Link to all placers and all team scores: http://www.ncwrestlingscoutreport.com/f ... =7&t=11071