Gallatin vs Canton McKinley Ohio opening game 2010

GWAVE1

Wow, the game I listened to sounded a little different. Sure the Wave played them tough, but it sounded to me like Gallatin was overmatched in this one. They had no answer for the Bulldogs ground game, as they had to be approaching 300yds along with 150yds passing. Mckinley also fumbled the ball away twice driving in Gallatin territory, or it could very well have been worse. They had their share of penalties that cost them too. Mistakes aside, the Green Wave couldn't sustain a drive until the 4th, when the game had already been decided. Halftime yardage totals....McKinley 43 plays/292yds-Gallatin 18 plays/22yds. Even the announcers came across as being a little in awe with their take/comments on McKinley's speed, D-line and rb's. Also stating they hadn't seen a team like McKinley in years. For the most part, that's a team that lost 4 games last year, and could very easily lose 3 this year, starting next week against Braxton Miller and Huber Heights Wayne, who whipped them last year. They have some big games ahead of them, as does the Wave. It will be interesting to see how each team fares from here on out, and best of luck to both programs.

Gallatin did not play them tough at all. They got whipped! I told you before that Gallatin is not a powerhouse TN program. If you recall I said they haven't been good since the late 80s/early 90s. As a matter of fact, I believe I predicted the score to be 34-13. I think I nailed it on the head with that game. However, I am proud of them for stepping up and taking on a tradition-rich program from OH. I hope this trend continues. I am anxious to see how McKinley does against Wayne and that all everything QB. Also, congrats to your Glenville boys with their solid win over a powerhouse Warren Central team. Next up for them is FL champ Dwyer. That should be another good one.

Gallatin did not play them tough at all. They got whipped! I told you before that Gallatin is not a powerhouse TN program. If you recall I said they haven't been good since the late 80s/early 90s. As a matter of fact, I believe I predicted the score to be 34-13. I think I nailed it on the head with that game. However, I am proud of them for stepping up and taking on a tradition-rich program from OH. I hope this trend continues. I am anxious to see how McKinley does against Wayne and that all everything QB. Also, congrats to your Glenville boys with their solid win over a powerhouse Warren Central team. Next up for them is FL champ Dwyer. That should be another good one.

You must not recall the 03-04 team that went 10-0 during the regular season and would have went through the playoffs with EASE, but a jealous and scared coach went digging. and found a 4th string Wr that NEVER Saw the field that was an ineligible transfer and got robbed of 6 wins. Shame on the TSSAA for that one.

We did get robbed because it was a bona fide change of address to a different parent, but the kid saw significant playing time at wide receiver and was the backup qb. Records don't mean anything in the playoffs though if you don't gameplan specifically for each team instead of running your bread and butter that's worked all year. Gallatin went 10-0 in '06, but didn't have a gameplan for Ravenwood and it showed. They were outcoached by a less talented team. And on the other end of the spectrum, Livingston Academy went 5-5 but ran through the playoffs and beat David Lipscomb for the title in '05.

Just listening on the web, noone can/should doubt the fact they played their hearts out for 4 qts, and that's a sign of a great team in itself. They have nothing to be ashamed of. Turnovers aside, as McKinley had 2 of their own while driving on Gallatin, total yardage was 480 to 170. Twenty-two yds of offense in the 1st half. As bad as things started out for the Wave, they were overmatched. The McKinley rb stated that they were not happy with themselves after the game, as they slacked off in the 2nd half.

Bulldogs start strong

Omaha, Gallatin has been more of a powerhouse in TN over the last 5 or 6 yrs than McKinley has been in Ohio for sure. Seventeen losses in the last 3 yrs by the Bulldogs is far from powerhouse. Please don't disregard the fact that both teams came into this game expecting to go deep in the playoffs this year.

Just got home from the trip. Was impressed by the history of Canton and Football. The people who i encountered for the most part were super nice. Gallatin came out unfocused IMO. Not to make excuses Canton is not the type of team that needs any help from the opposition. 5 turnovers will NEVER win a game. It was a game of Horrors as far as I was concerned. A kickoff that is fumble away, a high snap through the end zone, a kickoff that hits off the upmen and bounce back to Canton. Those 3 plays hardly ever happen much less in the same game. The RB for Canton was super impressive he was outstanding in getting away from the tackles. The good news is it's over now on to Mt. Juliet.

Wow, the game I listened to sounded a little different. Sure the Wave played them tough, but it sounded to me like Gallatin was overmatched in this one. They had no answer for the Bulldogs ground game, as they had to be approaching 300yds along with 150yds passing. Mckinley also fumbled the ball away twice driving in Gallatin territory, or it could very well have been worse. They had their share of penalties that cost them too. Mistakes aside, the Green Wave couldn't sustain a drive until the 4th, when the game had already been decided. Halftime yardage totals....McKinley 43 plays/292yds-Gallatin 18 plays/22yds. Even the announcers came across as being a little in awe with their take/comments on McKinley's speed, D-line and rb's. Also stating they hadn't seen a team like McKinley in years. For the most part, that's a team that lost 4 games last year, and could very easily lose 3 this year, starting next week against Braxton Miller and Huber Heights Wayne, who whipped them last year. They have some big games ahead of them, as does the Wave. It will be interesting to see how each team fares from here on out, and best of luck to both programs.

I saw this game first hand and Gallatin was overmatched in this one. I haven't seen a team that loaded here in Tenn in probably 4 or 5 years. McKinley has to have 5 or 6 Division I prospects. Both defensive ends were outstanding and fast. The Qb was really good running the offense. Most impressive to me was Farrakan the running back. Not only was he very fast but he read the blocking to a T. He made great cutbacks and was very hard to tackle. Overall McKinley was very impressive and I wish them the best. I got to see several different games on the Ohio stations from Friday night and none looked even remotely like McKinley.

Gallatin had problems all night. There were some just stupid mistakes and the turnovers really helped McKinley control the tempo of the game. It looked like Gallatin settled down in the third and started playing some ball. Gallatin threw the ball well under heavy pressure in the 4th. Woodard had some fantastic catches.

Really impressed by the stadium and atmosphere. Hopefully Gallatin will regroup and come back fighting. I know they can't be happy with how they played. Good learning experience and I seriously doubt anyone in the state that Gallatin will play will be that talented.

Well believe what you want about TN football but I believe we hung pretty tough considering the 5 turnovers.

I didn't make a comment about TN football....it was about Gallatin football. Don't get me wrong, I think it was a good thing to step up and play a big school OH team like McKinley. I just thought they would be in over their heads....and they were. Gallatin will do just fine in 5A this year. I think they have a decent shot at the title if they put everything together. This experience will help them down the line. They can beat Mt. Juliet, Beech, and Columbia on their side of the bracket. The Anderson Co./Catholic winner will be tough at state.

Omaha, Gallatin has been more of a powerhouse in TN over the last 5 or 6 yrs than McKinley has been in Ohio for sure. Seventeen losses in the last 3 yrs by the Bulldogs is far from powerhouse. Please don't disregard the fact that both teams came into this game expecting to go deep in the playoffs this year.

Not really. Gallatin is 5A in TN. Remember that our classification system is watered down, also. TN has no business having 6 classes. OH has 742 teams playing high school football with 6 divisions, which seems appropriate to me. TN has 336 teams playing and they have 6 classes. TN should be no higher than 4A based on those facts. Gallatin would probably be placed in Division II in OH and would be, MAYBE, a top 20-25 team. So, McKinley(a Division I team) should've beaten Gallatin the way they did. So, to retort, I would have to say that Galltin has NOT been a powerhouse in TN the last few years. The powerhouse teams have been Maryville, MUS, MBA, BA, Oakland, and usually Riverdale. Of course, our best team has been Alcoa, which is a small school powerhouse that is similar to a team like Youngstown Mooney. Mooney is Division III, if I'm not mistaken, and I think it would be safe to say they could hang, if not beat, any of the Division I teams in OH. Would you agree with that?

On another subject, I was kind of surprised Good Counsel beat St. X yesterday. I didn't see that one coming, especially after St. X manhandled DeMatha a few years ago. Also, I see Moeller came back to beat a good Wayne team(Mckinley's next opponent, right?)

Not really. Gallatin is 5A in TN. Remember that our classification system is watered down, also. TN has no business having 6 classes. OH has 742 teams playing high school football with 6 divisions, which seems appropriate to me. TN has 336 teams playing and they have 6 classes. TN should be no higher than 4A based on those facts. Gallatin would probably be placed in Division II in OH and would be, MAYBE, a top 20-25 team. So, McKinley(a Division I team) should've beaten Gallatin the way they did. So, to retort, I would have to say that Galltin has NOT been a powerhouse in TN the last few years. The powerhouse teams have been Maryville, MUS, MBA, BA, Oakland, and usually Riverdale. Of course, our best team has been Alcoa, which is a small school powerhouse that is similar to a team like Youngstown Mooney. Mooney is Division III, if I'm not mistaken, and I think it would be safe to say they could hang, if not beat, any of the Division I teams in OH. Would you agree with that?

On another subject, I was kind of surprised Good Counsel beat St. X yesterday. I didn't see that one coming, especially after St. X manhandled DeMatha a few years ago. Also, I see Moeller came back to beat a good Wayne team(Mckinley's next opponent, right?)