Cody Robinson - Warren County High School

fbc98

I have followed Tennessee High School Football for many years. Occasionally a very talented kid will come along. Cody is one of them. I decided to research him after a friend told me to check him out. After seeing his highlight tape, he truly is something special. Here is the link to the highlight tape.

Check him out and see what you guys think.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great player and a fine young man! I've been blessed to know him and his family for over 10 years now and can say that they don't come any better than the Robinson's! This highlight film is his sophomore year. Cody works as hard as anyone to get better and is a leader to his teammates. Works hard on their farm and hitting the weights everyday! Benches well over 400, squats over 500 and power cleans over 300. When they go on vacation, he makes sure that he has a place to workout. Gets double teamed alot, which opens up other players to make the tackle.

I must be crazy! I thought a 4.9 40 was pretty darn good for a 6'4" 300 pound lineman. Also, I don't think 40 time is so important with lineman. Not sure what Cody's GPA is, but I know he makes good grades. Cody is being recruited by a number of schools. Kentucky and Alabama are very interested in him and I know of trips he has taken to Louisville, Tennessee and Western Kentucky. Cody's father Ray played for Johnny Majors @ Tennessee from 85 - 89 as an offensive lineman and was an Academic All American. So there are some facts for you bigmoney128.

Some people are determined to show their lack of intelligence. Cody has a work ethic I have only seen once in a young man. He will do what it takes and he will get a good education at a fine school. We should all watch and smile at his future accomplishments.

Sorry but with a 4.9 I dont see a big program giving him a look.

To be honest, maybe and I say maybe a small school NAIA or division III.

What is his academics like?

LOL...to be honest, "Offensive linemen come in two sizes: Big (275-300 pounds) and Really Big (300+ pounds).

Some coaches utilize speed over size and get smaller offensive linemen, and some utilize the bigger ones, and much of that depends on the particular conference they play against, but different types of linemen are used in different types of plays, so a team will have a variety of sizes and speeds.

Smaller linemen can run as fast as 4.7 seconds on the 40 yard dash, while the bigger linemen rarely break 5 seconds. There are some exceptionally talented individuals who weigh 265-295 who can run faster, and those individuals are typically used as running backs or linebackers where that exceptional speed/size combo is more valuable to a team. "

This was googled from answers.com