Cody Robinson - Warren County High School

fbc98

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spotrssp, don't let Big Money get to you. First time the class of 2011 has lost to the Red Raiders since 7th grade. The sun shines on a dog's butt every now and then! As far as WC being down after next season, we will have to wait and see. There is some talent comming up, but the new coaching staff will have to get more players out and develop them. Go Pioneers!!!!

Thanks Nitro, We should move the game to Saturday and have a day game. Then there is know way WC can loose. (for those of you who don't know the MS game between these two teams is an in school day game. Which WC normaly dominates and cc always chokes in front of all the people.) How many seniors did cc have? WC is bringing everyone we need back.( except for Mark Harvey).

Lost Old Dad I don’t know for sure if Cody has registered yet or not, but I am sure him and his parents will have everything ready to go when it needs to be. I know he has taken the ACT test. :o

Until he is registered NO school will even look at him! If he is going to be a Senior this year he SHOULD have been registered before this last season started.

I do not know why coaches here in Tn do NOT emphasize this more as it DOES determine how many of the kids they coach will even be eligible to play at the next level.

Some coaches are great at it and then there are some at the other extreme end that act like they are doing the kids the biggest favor in the world by even telling them about it.

To me it needs to be told to EVERY kid in EVERY sport in Tn so we can get more kids to the next level. So many say other states programs are better because their programs are better. To this I say bull manure! The one thing they are superior about is the NCAA eligibility and getting kids registered in the clearing house.

This also should be stressed at the coaches conferences like TACA and the like ones the T$$AA puts on.

Amen! You have it right Lost Old Dad, TN does not hold its coaches to a higher standard. In TN going 5-5 is acceptable (especially at WC). While other States prepare they’re teams to be nationally ranked, and players to compete at the next level. (now there are some exceptions Alcoa and Maryville etc)

That has to be one of the best post I have read on Coach T Lost Old Dad!

You should been around for my ranting and raving when I found out about it too late for my son when he was playing for Rankin at R'dale! :o

That was NOT pretty. dry.gif

Since then I have sort of been on a mission about it for the kids. I still would like to see a step by step process to follow for the kids and parents on here in a sticky. I would do it but I do not understand it enough or write well enough for it to be understandable.

If nothing else a sticky listing the address and phone number should be listed to be able to contact the NCAA for their pamphlet on it.

The REAL shame is the T$$AA has NOTHING on it on their site that I could find!

Let me clear some things up. First off I will explain the clearing house is a group of NCAA officials who check high school athletes grades, test scores, etc to check eligibility. Also it checks about you individually for a lack of better words a “background check”.

There is NO NEED to register for it till the spring or end of your JUNIOR year. An athlete can take unofficial visits and the other things allowed in your junior year with out being registered.

Official visits cannot be taken until classes for your senior year begin. However You Must be registered in order to take an OFFICIAL visit.

I hope this helps :o