14a predictions

diamondstud10

is the senior out for year the smitson kid? does anybody think there will be any surprises this year? A lower tier team stepping up or trenton get out of the middle of the pack? I still say uc and greenfield make it to region this year with trenton/halls being a wildcard.. From what I heard about halls is that Blackwood got out last year at a good time and they would not be very good this yearbut that is all i know.. and by the way potts/crouse district starters for greenfield is going to be scary..good luck to all..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The senior that might not be able to play this year is Jake Lassiter. Ty Smithson is hurt right now. He's the other senior, but he should be back after a few games.

What happened to Jake ..I saw him walk by us at the basketball game the other night and my son nudged him..And also..No love for the Falcons?..lol

Jake Lassiter tore both sides of the ACL on his knee? or, there were two tears? or, something like that. It happened in the middle of football season.

Yes, Greenfield will play a scrimmage game against Obion Central today at 3:30 at Obion Central. Coach T is our coach, and I'd say that he'll probably not play this to win it. I think he looks at it as a glorified practice. But, it should be interesting to watch, and it's the FIRST BASEBALL of the season. Wooo hooo!

Jake Lassiter tore both sides of the ACL on his knee? or, there were two tears? or, something like that. It happened in the middle of football season.

Yes, Greenfield will play a scrimmage game against Obion Central today at 3:30 at Obion Central. Coach T is our coach, and I'd say that he'll probably not play this to win it. I think he looks at it as a glorified practice. But, it should be interesting to watch, and it's the FIRST BASEBALL of the season. Wooo hooo!

How did the scimmage go?

Both teams were pitching different pitchers. Our coach(Greenfield) pitched 3 boys for 2 innings each, then pitched a fourth one for the last inning. One of our pitchers had control problems...hit 2 batters and walked 3 or 4 others. Needless to say, Obion Central scored a lot of runs off of that.

But, this was the first time that our pitchers faced batters this year...just been pitching to a catchers mitt until today. So, it was the first time of the year to face real, live batters.

Also, this was the first time that our batters faced live pitching this year. They've been hitting off of tees and soft tosses, etc. So, it was the first time....

Anyway, the final score ended up something like 14 to 6 in favor of Obion Central. But, it was a scrimmage. So, I dont know what that says.....except that both teams got in a lot of good practice, and all of us in the stands got very cold. :)

Both teams were pitching different pitchers. Our coach(Greenfield) pitched 3 boys for 2 innings each, then pitched a fourth one for the last inning. One of our pitchers had control problems...hit 2 batters and walked 3 or 4 others. Needless to say, Obion Central scored a lot of runs off of that.

But, this was the first time that our pitchers faced batters this year...just been pitching to a catchers mitt until today. So, it was the first time of the year to face real, live batters.

Also, this was the first time that our batters faced live pitching this year. They've been hitting off of tees and soft tosses, etc. So, it was the first time....

Anyway, the final score ended up something like 14 to 6 in favor of Obion Central. But, it was a scrimmage. So, I dont know what that says.....except that both teams got in a lot of good practice, and all of us in the stands got very cold. :)

Heard Greenfield got out to a 4-0 lead...A kid from Greenfield went yard...Two from OC went deep as well...I think Ethan Davis and Colton Woodward hit the homers for OC...

I'm with you...Just a scrimmage...The same goes for OC with the batting....Obion Central should be decent if they can get some good pitching...

OC is suppose to scrimmage Lake County on Monday afternoon at Obion Central...

Anyway, the final score ended up something like 14 to 6 in favor of Obion Central. But, it was a scrimmage. So, I dont know what that says.....except that both teams got in a lot of good practice, and all of us in the stands got very cold. :?:

Heard Greenfield got out to a 4-0 lead...A kid from Greenfield went yard...Two from OC went deep as well...I think Ethan Davis and Colton Woodward hit the homers for OC...

I'm with you...Just a scrimmage...The same goes for OC with the batting....Obion Central should be decent if they can get some good pitching...

OC is suppose to scrimmage Lake County on Monday afternoon at Obion Central...

Sure wish I could make this scrimmage but loks doubtful..Hope Lake Co is better than most expect..Is Russ and Jeff coaching..Or Coach Davis and Coach Riley?Both those guys were pretty good ball players..!

Hate to hear that about Jake !Hopefully he'll be back soon.!