Teams at the Ryan Tournament?

NashvilleRef

i felt bad for the simpson kid who gave a up a penalty point with 5 seconds left. that ref is such a egotistical and wants everyone to know that he is reffing the match. a good ref and i dont think he is, should never be remembered.

wasn't this guy the same pumped up guy who dqed the 215 from cleveland last year in the finals??

all about him... what a shame for simpson

No it was not the same ref.

That ref is horrible, but Simpson should have been hit for stalling several times. Every time Johnson stood up Simpson threw in legs.

absolutely!

Really think the refs need to spend more time reading up on the rule book.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was Blake thomas from Brentwood ?

bcb iii :ph34r:

If you will bring EFT up here to wrestle TFI for the pleasure of us Middle Tennessee mackerel snappers as previously announced, we will tell you.

Congrats on son Jack winning his weight class at Soddy By God.

Cameron Croy at 215 looks every bit as good as his former self, the Mr.Croy at 189. Bear Kitty, I know you hand out your "Mr." awards very carefullyon this board, but even though Croy is at a new weight this season, I think he should continue to retain the title "Mr." he earned for meritorious service at 189 the previous two years. His finals match was a non-event. I'm reading a lot about the Toon kid at Ooltewah. You have seen them both-----I know you are a big Owl fan, but, put that aside and tell us if a Croy vs.Toon matchup is what we should be clamoring for when the state tournaments come up here in February ( it still seems strange saying that ).

And what have you guys over there got at 285, because this Mt.Juliet kid is a beast.

For all you wrestling rules gurus out there, is there anything about shoes coming off during a match similar to the situation where a kid has a headgear that keeps coming loose. In a close finals match yesterday, a McCallie kid's shoe came off twice. As I recall, both times I think he was on bottom---it did not come off in a shot-----and I don't think it came off from the other wrestler grabbing hold of it either. Both times it just seemed to slip off, like maybe it was not tied tight enough. The match was stopped both times to let him put it back on. I realize that the head gear is a little bit different because it is a safety factor. The shoe doesn't seem to be the same issue . So could the ref just have let the match continue until it came to a natural break? It seemed to me that on both occasions the opposing wrestler lost his advantage by having the break and then going back to center match. If it were to have continued happening, could a penalty point be awarded? I have seen refs tell a kid after a loose headgear has become a problem to get one from someone else or it would cost him a point.

If you will bring EFT up here to wrestle TFI for the pleasure of us Middle Tennessee mackerel snappers as previously announced, we will tell you.

Congrats on son Jack winning his weight class at Soddy By God.

Cameron Croy at 215 looks every bit as good as his former self, the Mr.Croy at 189. Bear Kitty, I know you hand out your "Mr." awards very carefullyon this board, but even though Croy is at a new weight this season, I think he should continue to retain the title "Mr." he earned for meritorious service at 189 the previous two years. His finals match was a non-event. I'm reading a lot about the Toon kid at Ooltewah. You have seen them both-----I know you are a big Owl fan, but, put that aside and tell us if a Croy vs.Toon matchup is what we should be clamoring for when the state tournaments come up here in February ( it still seems strange saying that ).

And what have you guys over there got at 285, because this Mt.Juliet kid is a beast.

For all you wrestling rules gurus out there, is there anything about shoes coming off during a match similar to the situation where a kid has a headgear that keeps coming loose. In a close finals match yesterday, a McCallie kid's shoe came off twice. As I recall, both times I think he was on bottom---it did not come off in a shot-----and I don't think it came off from the other wrestler grabbing hold of it either. Both times it just seemed to slip off, like maybe it was not tied tight enough. The match was stopped both times to let him put it back on. I realize that the head gear is a little bit different because it is a safety factor. The shoe doesn't seem to be the same issue . So could the ref just have let the match continue until it came to a natural break? It seemed to me that on both occasions the opposing wrestler lost his advantage by having the break and then going back to center match. If it were to have continued happening, could a penalty point be awarded? I have seen refs tell a kid after a loose headgear has become a problem to get one from someone else or it would cost him a point.

Uncle Buck,thank you for JB, got lucky this time.

As far as the Mr Croy vs Tyler Toon match up, the only time it will happen is at senior Nationals of in College. You see Bucky Poo, The vey undersized 215 Toon will be a very big 189lber. I had hope that Tyler would drop and got the word that very soon he will. Simpson from Waker Valley will be the only one that has a shot at Mr Croy, he is a great athlete, should be a 4-3 match.

I remember when " You're a Hooker" shoes kept coming off, was this the young lad you are speaking of?

Not sure as to the advantage of not tying your shoes tight, unless you kick them off when you get in trouble or just need a break to catch your breath, and he doesn't get in trouble much.

Did you hug Susie Q and the rest of the Purple Mommies for me, or was secrurity beefed up?

Back in your day(1937)Buck, were the parents as vocal and arse whips as they are today, and if so would you care to share a story or two with our younger readers.

the person would be one Michael Hooker. And this is not the first time this has happened. Not the second, third or forth. And no one is doing a thing about it. Yesterday in that match, the 2nd time it happened, he did it himself.

Some of the tactics used by this school's kids are way out of control, and the school's admin needs to take a long hard look at their wrestling program. From blatant head butts, to the constant kicking off of one's own shoe. Among other things that goes on. I can't believe for the life of me, that anyone would want their school's name put out there like this.

Ridiculous!

the person would be one Michael Hooker. And this is not the first time this has happened. Not the second, third or forth. And no one is doing a thing about it. Yesterday in that match, the 2nd time it happened, he did it himself.

Some of the tactics used by this school's kids are way out of control, and the school's admin needs to take a long hard look at their wrestling program. From blatant head butts, to the constant kicking off of one's own shoe. Among other things that goes on. I can't believe for the life of me, that anyone would want their school's name put out there like this.

Ridiculous!

Wow... You sir are blaming a school for what their wrestlers do. Do you think Coach Gordo teaches his kids to do this in the room. As I recall, from watching the match online, the second time Hooker's shoe came off they made him take injury time to put it back on. Why are you taking credit away from a kid that fought hard to win this tourney? Dont tell me that Hooker is the only kid in the state who has had his shoe come off twice in one match. As for the Head Butting that just comes from a wrestlers will to win. Any kid that has been on the mat, and wants to win, will go out there hard and try and beat their opponent no matter what. If it takes a little bump of the head every now and then then they will do it. If I was taught correctly it takes two heads to butt, and both heads absorb the impact. There are several other schools out there who get away with yanking fingers back one at a time to break a grip (Baylor) and head butting, every team gets away with some stuff. Of course nobody gets away with biting, but that stuff just comes from a kids will to win. After the kid gets punished for biting like Alex Manley did he should get applauded for wanting to win so bad, that he will taint his reputation to do something like that.

Wow... You sir are blaming a school for what their wrestlers do. Do you think Coach Gordo teaches his kids to do this in the room. As I recall, from watching the match online, the second time Hooker's shoe came off they made him take injury time to put it back on. Why are you taking credit away from a kid that fought hard to win this tourney? Dont tell me that Hooker is the only kid in the state who has had his shoe come off twice in one match. As for the Head Butting that just comes from a wrestlers will to win. Any kid that has been on the mat, and wants to win, will go out there hard and try and beat their opponent no matter what. If it takes a little bump of the head every now and then then they will do it. If I was taught correctly it takes two heads to butt, and both heads absorb the impact. There are several other schools out there who get away with yanking fingers back one at a time to break a grip (Baylor) and head butting, every team gets away with some stuff. Of course nobody gets away with biting, but that stuff just comes from a kids will to win. After the kid gets punished for biting like Alex Manley did he should get applauded for wanting to win so bad, that he will taint his reputation to do something like that.

I think you are about to become bait.